It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My video explains the importance of abstaining from and confessing sin.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Do you know what exactly “sin” means? Why is it so bad? Can one really seperate you from God forever? And if so, what can you do to fix it?

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: GolgothaBridge

Jesus taught harming, hurting other people was sin, that loving others in His name covers sin
In Christ’s ministry, I don’t think Jesus never once went on about sin like that

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Jesus taught harming, hurting other people was sin, that loving others in His name covers sin
In Christ’s ministry, I don’t think Jesus never once went on about sin like that

My argument to that would be that Jesus is only one third of the Trinity. The life of Jesus on Earth was primarily to complete the covenant, redemption of those who repent and confess, as well as to spread his word and graft in gentiles like myself. God (same being as Jesus) has made his commands clear and described the dangers of sin.
edit on 28.8.2021 by GolgothaBridge because: Details

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 10:46 AM
link   

What commands are they Gol, be interested to know your opinion?

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

There are many. This is a summary.

Talking:
Do not take the lords name in vein. Always be ready to defend your faith against others. Do not tell lies. Tell the truth, more than just not lying. Don't tare other down with your voice, this does not mean no profanity by no hurtful words at all

Eating:
Don't eat in excess, don't drink to the point of being drunk enough to fall into sin, don't steal food. I know this is controversial but he prescribed what we may and may not eat. Most kosher laws are made up, but it's based on what God said. You can eat a cheeseburger, so long as the animal was not boiled in it's mothers milk, where as kosher says no meat and dairy in the same hour.

Life:
Another is not to murder. This means no killing of the innocent. You know, people not guilty of crimes, not at war, not even born, etc.

Every command God gave the general public (and a few given to the Levites) should be kept.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: GolgothaBridge
There are many. This is a summary.
Talking:
Do not take the lords name in vein. Always be ready to defend your faith against others. Do not tell lies. Tell the truth, more than just not lying. Don't tare other down with your voice, this does not mean no profanity by no hurtful words at all
Eating:
Don't eat in excess, don't drink to the point of being drunk enough to fall into sin, don't steal food. I know this is controversial but he prescribed what we may and may not eat. Most kosher laws are made up, but it's based on what God said. You can eat a cheeseburger, so long as the animal was not boiled in it's mothers milk, where as kosher says no meat and dairy in the same hour.
Life:
Another is not to murder. This means no killing of the innocent. You know, people not guilty of crimes, not at war, not even born, etc.
Every command God gave the general public (and a few given to the Levites) should be kept.

Oh, ok,didn’t realise you were Jewish
Better lay of the Christian stuff then, clearly you don’t understand Christianity. It’s ok, most Jewish people don’t get it
Cool, no probs

Just wanted to make sure other Christians were not confused by your Jewish faith

How about circumcission, you on board?
The apostle Paul has an important message for you
edit on 28-8-2021 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 11:02 AM
link   

No, I'm not Jewish, I just disagree with a common interpretation/translation of Mark 7. Circumcision is a good idea for medical reasons, but was meant to separate the Jews from the Gentiles. And your correct, Paul did point out that as the gentiles are grafted in, it will circumcision is not required. All of my male children and myself are circumcised. And I am not saying you will go to hell for eating pork, let me be clear, but it is incredibly unhealthy. Also he commanded against shellfish, and we see many allergies. These could likely have been health related commands.

Then again, Christianity is the completion of the Jewish faith. Jews are waiting for the Messiah, Christians acknowledge he has come.
edit on 28.8.2021 by GolgothaBridge because: Details

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Ah, so you are a Judaiser, Catholic or SDA, the apostle Paul said you should go further than circumcision and remove, emasculate yourself

Mixing grace with works, that’s not christianity is it?

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 11:14 AM
link   

And I am not saying you will go to hell for eating pork, let me be clear, but it is incredibly unhealthy. Also he commanded against shellfish, and we see many allergies. These could likely have been health related commands.

Sorry, we have to keep the law and not sin or we don’t, I am very confused by your position, what are you trying to convey here?
Who decides what has to be kept and what can slide, you? The sermon on the mount, Jesus said anger was akin to murder, looking at a woman with lust was sexually immoral, you bigger than that?
You are confusing me now, Jesus isn’t enough obviously

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 11:15 AM
link   

No, I see how you might think that. I'm more fundamentalist. I'm not saying circumcision is a requirement anymore, I'm saying it's not forbidden and carries medical benefits relating to certain cancers and infections.

You are right that when it comes to salvation, we are saved through grace by faith, however true faith will produce good works. It's not that the works save you but they are simply a result of what does save.

James 2:22:

YLT: dost thou see that the faith was working with his works, and out of the works the faith was perfected?

ESV: You see that faith was active along with his works, and faith was completed by his works;

NIV: You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did.

KJV: Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

edit in response to your next comment, I'm saying that we should keep the law the best we can. When you do something wrong, trust in Jesus that you are forgiven.
edit on 28.8.2021 by GolgothaBridge because: Jesus

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Ok, so now are you saying we don’t need to keep Torah?
I mean, Paul said we don’t need to keep Torah, are you agreeing with Paul the apostle or disagreeing with him re Torah?
I am still confused
How many laws did Jesus give the church?

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 11:21 AM
link   

To your point, what shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

Jesus said in Matthew 5:17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.”

He did abolish animal sacrifice by taking that role, apart from that, not much has changed.
edit on 28.8.2021 by GolgothaBridge because: Sacrifice

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 11:24 AM
link   

edit in response to your next comment, I'm saying that we should keep the law the best we can. When you do something wrong, trust in Jesus that you are forgiven.

And I am asking very clearly, what laws are you talking about
Do you want christians to keep the 10 commandments, to keep Torah
Are Christians Jews or are we christian?
Are we under the Mosaic covenant still or under Christ’s covenant
I am confused by your statements still

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 11:29 AM
link   

To your point, what shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

Jesus said in Matthew 5:17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.”

He did abolish animal sacrifice by taking that role, apart from that, not much has changed.

Animal sacrifice happened right up until the Temple was destroyed by the Roman army, 70 ad
historum.com...

And I am not arguing that Jesus didn’t fulfil the law, that’s evident
You seem to be arguing Jesus didn’t fulfil the law, Christians still have to keep it, do they?
What is the law they have to keep

Simply put Gol, I am not a Jew, I don’t keep Torah
The NT is very clear, I am not under Torah law
For you to say I should makes you a Judaiser and the Apostle Paul, former Pharisee warned the church against Judaisers
Be careful, fundamentalist or not, be very careful

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Christianity is an evolution of Judaism.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Yes, many people who rejected Christ still practiced it. Actually, I'm a bit confused as to why Jews don't build a temple and start sacrificing again since they don't accept Christ as a sacrifice. (If any Jews are reading this, answer that if you don't mind)

Jesus did fulfil the law. One is the laws was not to Murder, if I am in Christ and have serial-killer impulses, should I ignore that old law? No. Absolutely now. Then again the Holy spirit will useally take care of that in you if it is in you as you are in Christ. The holy spirit guides us with the law being live streamed into our hearts. God told me to stop eating pork, so I stopped. If he has not told you the same, that's between you and him.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Christianity is an evolution of Judaism.

Really, Jesus ended Judaism, emptied it out, brought in a new covenant because Judaism failed.
Be warned by the apostle Paul against being a Judaiser

Philippians 3 is a good study

As well, this
www.gotquestions.org...

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 11:48 AM
link   

So I may do anything I wish with no punishment as I believe in Christ? What about the first commandment? I believe you still have to obey God.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I'm not saying you have to live as a Jew, just that you must obey God.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I asked you what laws you are talking about
Why won’t you answer that question

Happy to answer yours
The temple is gone, no more animal sacrifices without the temple, simple

Now, what laws Gol

Jesus said we Christians have two laws, love God, love each other
Paul refined it for Christians, who should already love God, to love others

You are adding laws, just like a Pharisee, be warned

top topics