It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America the new PAPER TIGER

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Afghanistan is just the latest in a long line of missteps where the seeds of a hard won trust are being eradicated for much of the rest of the world . I have written over the years that America better up their game in S.E. Asia as China is all over the place buying politicians and building military infrastructure.

China's long term plans have been stated many times in many different ways and it does not look like they have wavered from those plans.

What is the answer at this late date.. nuclear war is not an option as even most of the brain dead idiots know that would be the end of everything...however giving your word and backing down just emboldens you future enemy and makes your allies lose faith in your word and policies.

A short video of what has been happening behind the scenes while America has been going Woke while terrified of COVID. youtu.be...

edit on 727thk21 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 02:40 AM
link   
How Japan, Australia, and the Philippines along with many others will be cut off and Chinese dominated by 2040 . youtu.be...

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

what is being forgotten is what we all learn in school in dealing with bullies.

the longer you let them get away with it , the more embolden they get, and the more time, blood and effort it takes to deal with them.

because they have been shown if they threaten to do more and intense harm, they act on it and if they hold out long enough they will get away with it.

thus the longer you must fight and the more it costs you..

why in hell do you think the time between WWI and WWII came so close (relatively) to each other?

Because imperial japan and nazi germany feared us?

why do you think we have had so may proxy wars, police actions, ect instead of another world war?

because they didnt fear us and (to be fair) atomic weapons.

on that note not the weapons themselves but they WOULD NOT MIGHT be used.

MAD worked among the US , Britain, france, and the USSR because each side KNEW the other would use them if they tried.

as scary as that was it kept us from another world war to this point and to a greater reason bush wars from korea, vietnam and china taking taiwan is because if it went farther it WOULD NOT IF go very badly...

but now if our friends dont trust us and our enemies dont fear us the situation can and WILL go bad.

with alot of blood needing to be spent over a longer time to reach what we ALREADY earned in our blood and resources .

as the saying goes

those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it

scrounger

PS no matter what age it is or time in our history..

there is EVIL and the only way to stop EVIL is to obliterate it to the point it cannot and willnot continue the fight.

sadly EVIL always exists and you must be ready to take whatever actions to stop it cold as early as possible to limit the cost .

edit on 25-8-2021 by scrounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Well, sadly, as much as it angers me to say it, I think the World needs to prepare for the US to take a step back from the World stage and heal some of the devastating wounds we have inflicted on ourselves. An even remotely competent US president would stand up and say exactly this, so that expectations are not so high.

What has happened in Afghanistan has severely damaged America's credibility around the globe. This will not go away in a few days or months. People need to accept that this loss of credibility my never go away, unless we as a people have the fortitude to truly FIX what is broken. Right now, this country does not have that fortitude, and we will likely have to descend further into the muck to get there. The arrogance and bravado of the US is now no longer acceptable.

Just 3 weeks ago I laid out a roadmap of what I thought would happen in Taiwan. I based that on 58 years of researching history and watching the US government operate. Today, all of that has changed. We have descended to depths I never thought possible, and all I can really say is...I'm sorry. We have been defeated from within.

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

the night is darkest before dawn...

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 08:14 AM
link   

The regular Joe & Jane needs to learn to NEVER EVER vote for a Democrat. Simple as that.

The most unpatriotic & the most marxist party in the free world.

It is just sheer horror to watch this creep show unfolding...
edit on 25-8-2021 by deckdel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I dont think the US is a paper tiger. I think the problem is these invasions have never been about the publically stated reasons. Terrorism, nation building etc.

They have all been about gaining profits for one organisation or another.

I dont think these "defeats" are going to stop American wars either.

The problems will really come when we pick a fight with a country that really does have the ability to defend itself, then it will be a true bloody nose scenario.

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: deckdel
It would do even better for the average Joe and Jane to realize Democrats and Republicans are they same party, and dont care for the people, only power.
The longer we play the Left vs. Right, the worse things are gonna get for us.

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: SwampFox999
It would do even better for the average Joe and Jane to realize Democrats and Republicans are they same party, and dont care for the people, only power.
The longer we play the Left vs. Right, the worse things are gonna get for us.

I completely agree with all of that. I wish more people on this forum could see that.. so often its "the right did this or the left did that". Its really sad and just fuels the divide that both parties want.
edit on 25-8-2021 by Nexttimemaybe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 09:22 AM
link   

There's no other way to say it, I am ashamed of our country's leadership and foreign policies.

We've abandoned our closest allies.

We've abandoned fellow Americans.

I didn't vote for Biden, I voted for Trump.

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: SwampFox999
It would do even better for the average Joe and Jane to realize Democrats and Republicans are they same party, and dont care for the people, only power. The longer we play the Left vs. Right, the worse things are gonna get for us.

I see people say this a lot, but they never elaborate on exactly how you accomplish this. Right now there are no less than (7) political parties in the US, so there are already more than 2 parties to choose from come election time. How do you propose to convince people to not vote for either of the two major parties? You can't, and you won't. The only way you could do this would be to outlaw the two major parties (which is so silly it doesn't even warrant further discussion), and even then they'd just reform again under a different name.

No, the solution lies elsewhere. What we really need to do is eliminate career politicians, to smash the good ol' boy network. This we can do, and we should. Place term limits on all Senate and Congress seats. Don't let guys like Joe Biden exist. Don't allow these dynasties to form in DC. Next, we need to take the money out of politics. You know you're going to get a corrupt politician when it takes a billion dollar campaign to run for president, when it takes hundreds of millions to run for Congress or the Senate. Outlaw, completely, special interest lobbying. Force politicians to make decisions because that's what their constituents want, not because their bank account will get fatter.

Whether there are two parties or twenty is irrelevant. People who don't really want to solve problems make those problems impossible to solve. If people really want to fix problems you do it one bite at a time. Term limits and getting the massive amounts of money out of politics are things we can do now. Opining about trying to undo the two-party system doesn't do any good, it accomplishes nothing and it's impossible to achieve.

Until you turn the political positions into a real job, and not some be rich and get richer scheme you're always gonna' have the Biden's, Trump's, Bush's, Clinton's running for president. And you're gonna' have a list too long to mention with their fat asses in the House and Senate for life, like they are now.

ETA - The bottom line is basically this; I can't even begin to count the number of people I've dealt with in life who would make better presidents that than Carter, Bush, Bush Jr., Clinton, Obama, Trump and Biden combined! And you know what every one of them has said?...no way would they ever do it. Put some honor and dignity back into the office of the House, Senate and president, and we might actually attract some pretty qualified leaders, not the lying, cowardly, blowhard, douche-nozzles we've gotten in the last 50 years.

edit on 8/25/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 09:45 AM
link   

You know what they say...

"If voting could change anything, it would be illegal"

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

There's no other way to say it, I am ashamed of our country's leadership and foreign policies.

We've abandoned our closest allies.

We've abandoned fellow Americans.

I didn't vote for Biden, I voted for Trump.

There’s a reason for this. I read somewhere that nearly every single ‘mover and shaker’ making or enforcing Federal policy since Eisenhower were members of the Council on Foreign Relations [‘CFR’]. Someone wrote 20 years ago that it was the GOAL of the CFR for the U.S. to lose every single war since WW2, in the hope that it would create a more ‘balanced’ world; specifically, they hoped to prevent a unipolar world, like we saw briefly in the 1990’s.

“Below is a list of the Council on Foreign Relations members in the last three Presidential administrations, including Cabinet members, advisers and nominations” www.rummagingglobalism.com...

(links are Wikipedia)

President Barack Obama (Democrat)

John Kerry – Secretary of State (Teresa Heinz Kerry wife of John Kerry is also CFR member)

Timothy Geithner – Secretary of Treasury

Jacob J (Jack) Lew – Secretary of Treasury

Robert Gates – Secretary of Defense

Chuck Hagel – Secretary of Defense (resigned)

Ashton Carter – Secretary of Defense

Tom Vilsack – Secretary of Agriculture

John Bryson – Secretary of Commerce

Penny Pritzker – Secretary of Commerce

Sylvia Burwell – Secretary of Health and Human Services

Ernest Moniz – Secretary of Energy

Janet Napolitano – CFR Staff bio – Secretary of Homeland Security

Jeh Charles Johnson – Secretary of Homeland Security

William Daley – Chief of Staff

Peter Orszag – Director of Office of Management and Budget

Susan Rice – Ambassador to the UN (prior member Trilateral Commission)

Michael Froman – US Trade Representative

Michael Chertoff – US Secretary of Homeland Security (Trilateral Commission member)

Thomas E. Donilon – National Security Adviser (Bilderberg Group)

Cecilia Rouse – Council of Economic Advisers

David Howell Petraeus – 4 star Army General, Director of the CIA 2011 – 2012 (resigned), Commander of United States Central Command 2008 – 2010, Commander of the International Security Assistance Force

Janet Louise Yellen – Chair of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System nominated by Barack Obama

Paul A. Volcker – Chair of the President’s Economic Recovery Advisory Board, prior Chair of Federal Reserve – (member Trilateral Commission)

Henry Kissinger – Secretary of State for President Richard Nixon, adviser to every President since, and a close friend and adviser to Hillary Clinton.

President George W Bush (Republican)

Richard (Dick) Cheney – Vice President

Steve Preston – Secretary of Housing and Urban Development

Henry Paulson – Secretary of the Treasury (and worked at Goldman Sachs Founders corporate member)

Robert Gates – Secretary of Defense

Mary Ann Peters – Secretary of Transportation

Condoleeza Rice – Secretary of State

Tommy G. Thompson – Secretary of Health and Human Services

Elaine L Chao – Secretary of Labor

Colin Powell – Secretary of State

Susan C. Schwab – US Trade Representative

Robert Zoellick – US Trade Representative (also Trilateral Commission) – been President of The World Bank, also a managing director of Goldman Sachs, steering committee Bilderberg Group (was a Deputy Secretary of State)

Michael Chertoff – US Secretary of Homeland Security (Trilateral Commission member)

Richard Holbrook – United States Special Envoy for Afghanistan and Pakistan (Bilderberg Group)

John Wolfowitz – United States Deputy Secretary of Defense (Bilderberg Group) – President The World Bank

Karen Parfitt Hughes – Councilor to the President

John Bolton – US Ambassador to the United Nations

Brent Scowcroft – United States National Security Advisor

Marc Alexander Thiessen – Speech writer for GWB

President Bill Clinton (Democrat)

Bill Clinton – President (current member 2016)

Chelsea Clinton – daughter (current member 2016)

Note: not listed as a member, speaks at meetings and called New York City branch “The Mothership”. Hillary Clinton – First Lady to President Clinton, Senator, ran for President twice

Lawrence Summers – Secretary of Treasury (also member Trilateral Commission)

Togo D. West – Secretary of Veteran Affairs

William B. Richardson – Secretary of Energy

William M. Daley – Secretary of Commerce

Madeleine Albright – Director Emerita CFR – Secretary of State (also member Trilateral Commission)

William Cohen – Secretary of Defense

Federico F. Peña – Secretary of Energy, Secretary of Transportation

Mickey Kantor – Secretary of Commerce, US Trade Representative

Daniel Glickman – Secretary of Agriculture

Robert Rubin – CFR staff bio – Secretary of the Treasury

William J. Perry – Secretary of Defense

Donna Shalala – Secretary of Health and Human Services

Charlene Barshefsky – US Trade Representative

Lloyd Bentsen (deceased past member – no longer listed)

Richard Holbrook – United States Ambassador to the United Nations (Bilderberg Group)

George Stephanopoulos – White House Director of Communications, Senior Adviser to the President (now major media pundit)

Sidney Blumenthal – Senior Adviser to the President

Rahm Emanuel – Senior Adviser to the President (not listed as CFR member, but his brother, Ezekiel Jonathan “Zeke”, is a member) (later Mayor of Chicago where Barack Obama was from)

Cecilia Rouse – National Economic Council 1998 to 1999

Zoë Baird – CFR Staff bio – nominated by President Bill Clinton as the first woman to be Attorney General of the United States, but she withdrew her nomination over “nannygate”

Bobby Inman – nominated by President Bill Clinton for Secretary of Defense, but he withdrew from consideration

Stephen Gerald Breyer – US Supreme Court Justice nominated

Vernon Jordan – Presidential adviser

Links:

(1) End-Times for Liberal Democracy? from CFR articles

CFR published individual membership roster Jan 17, 2017

CFR Membership from 2015 Annual Report (PDF file)

CFR Corporate membership roster Jan 17, 2017

Note: I appreciate that the Council on Foreign Relations has their membership listed publicly. Some conspiracy folks claim there is a secret list of additional members.

Other related and overlapping memberships include The Trilateral Commission and The Bilderberg Group.

Trilateral Commission membership list 2016 (PDF file)

Bilderberg meeting participants (public list)

CNN proposed Donald Trump Cabinet November 2016

Barack Obama Cabinet Members

George W. Bush Cabinet Members

Bill Clinton Cabinet Members”

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Sounds exactly like the lefties when trump went into office.

There's no other way to say it, I am ashamed of our country's leadership and foreign policies. We've abandoned our closest allies. We've abandoned fellow Americans.

Back then I said let the man have his 4 years of #show,,, I wish I could say the same now...

USA, the leader of the clown world

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I agree with you. Career politicians have got to go. Honor needs to be restored to all public office from federal to the local level.
To expound a bit in the "2 party" problem. It would have to start in the school system ideally. Classes where all forms of political ideologies are taught, some civic responsibility explained. As well as how the government is supposed to function. The media would need to give a bit more screen time given to other parties. Rework the debate system to include more parties and candidates.

I would rather see parties done away with entirely. I think a few of the founders warned about the danger of political parties.

top topics

join