It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question to ponder about Covid

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

I guess I'm questioning why big media news outlets aren't reporting on it? At the befinning they were all saying how blacks and asians were more susceptible to catching the virus and dying from it but like i said I've not seen or read any stories from black people (in the well known media outlets like the DailyMail who always have been reporting on deaths) about loved ones dying from covid or even being in hospital with severe illness.

Gotcha -- thanks for clarifying! I was going half a dozen different directions in my head, and decided better to ask what you meant than try to guess.

I've seen a few things recently here in the US, but mostly in terms of studies. For example, one study which found Blacks seem to be more susceptible to blood clots.

What I've found interesting is that there is not more focus on encouraging Blacks to get the vax. Conservatives will often point out that Blacks are not being vaccinated at the same rates as others, so vax mandates disproportionately affect the Black population. I assume their reluctance has everything to do with a general mistrust of Big Medical and Big Pharma, and for good reason -- things like the disproportionately high rate of maternal deaths of Black women, and even back to the vile Tuskegee experiments.

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777

I've not seen one Black/Asian family on the news or on news outlets like daily mail (who are always printing a story once a day of someone who died from covid). It's always a white person who's died and their loved ones talking about it. Why is this?

well i have given you 2 from your daily mail source, I did not check the other 50+ pages perhaps you might use your time for that as opposed to sub contracting your work to others ie ME

ok, thats 1 asian who worked in a hospital and the other 27 who were asian and worked in the hospitals!

And 1 other story about an Asian.

Thanks for the links though, must have missed them 2

it would appear you have not put much effort into reading the links i posted for you in my first post (5 cases not 2 and not all asian), i guess you just wanted replies to confirm what you already believed, sorry for wasting y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶ my time

peace
edit on 000000p3103America/Chicago823202118 by UpThenDown because: (no reason given)

edit on 000000p3103America/Chicago823202118 by UpThenDown because: typo

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
Maybe it's there and I'm not looking in the wrong places.

I don't tend to read tabloid papers and don't have a TV so I don't see the "news" or local interest type #e that often comes with regional news.

I do seem to remember a story a while back about a young dad with 3 kids who said covid was fake and the vaccines were made of cheese and then got covid and died. Something like that anyway.

a reply to: Ksihkehe

I don't even know what print tabloids exist in the US, but all digital media is essentially as reliable as tabloids at this point. It really doesn't matter how outlandish lies are, the fact that they're all telling them damages their credibility.

It's almost less damaging that outlandish tabloid lies are so blatantly false. The "trusted" sources have far more leeway to manipulate large portions of the population through omission and editorialization.

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: UpThenDown

I've been busy watching west ham win tonight but will check your links tmrw.

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
Completely anecdotal with zero links, evidence or anything to back it up.

[Snipped]

How can I post any links about black people not in the news about covid when they aren't in the news?

The point of the thread is??

Don't be pedantic.

You post evidence of overwhelming stories of white people and their sources, we look at the sources and agree with your ridiculous assertion made in the OP.

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

Antonio!!!!!

Should be in England squad

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 06:12 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

top topics

<< 1   >>

join