It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Bedfellows

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Quick question: How can the religious zealots (the Taliban) justify doing business with atheists (the Chinese)? Put the other way around, how can the Chinese (currently suppressing their Muslim Uighur citizens) justify to the Taliban Chinas business with them?

During the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan, kicking out the atheists was a major appeal of the Mujahadeen to Afghan citizens. I doubt the Mujahadeen’s successors are much different.

[we know that the Chinese, being the good Communists they are, will do business with ANYONE as long as they can use the profits to kill their trade ‘partner’. But that would surely be a hard sell to the Taliban!]

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Thoughtcrime

Because none of this is about religion or principles or ideology. It's all about money, control and the politics associated with that.

They'd all sell their own mothers for a slice of that pie.
:
edit on 2021 8 20 by incoserv because: typo.

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

Because none of this is about religion or principles or ideology. It's all about money, control and the politics associated with that.

They'd all sell their own mother's for a slice of that pie.

I was HOPING someone could convince me it wasn’t about all that, maybe I missed something…. Hopes dashed. Thanks Incoserve!

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Opium trade war now coming to Hong Kong once again ?
Opium trade war now coming to the streets of America ?

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I've actually been wondering if the junkies are getting nervous about prices going up or supply vanishing.

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DashVol

I've actually been wondering if the junkies are getting nervous about prices going up or supply vanishing.

Yeah, I had a business lunch with a bunch of junkies the other day. They couldn't shut up about their drug market forecasting and longterm drug abuse goals.

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 05:05 PM
link   
common cause against the Great Satan

I don't think China is so much communist these days as just a tyranny. its all about who is in charge, not the ideologies.
they don't hesitate to deal and trade with the US.

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

originally posted by: DashVol

Yeah, I had a business lunch with a bunch of junkies the other day. They couldn't shut up about their drug market forecasting and longterm drug abuse goals.

LOLOL! Please let me know how to award stars and flags…that was the BEST line of the day!

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 05:52 PM
link   

How do capitalist Americans buy so much from the commie tyranists?
edit on 20-8-2021 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thoughtcrime

originally posted by: incoserv

They'd all sell their own mother's for a slice of that pie.

I was HOPING someone could convince me it wasn’t about all that, maybe I missed something…. Hopes dashed. Thanks Incoserve!

I think it's better that it be about that.

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 06:42 PM
link   
All the people involved..do you know how to tell that they are lying? They open their mouths and talk.

None of them can be trusted.

top topics

join