It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden to speak about Afghanistan at 3:30pm ET (link)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 03:09 PM
link   
He's not explaining anything. Everyone knows why we were there and why we were leaving. That's not the issue here.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

He honestly doesn't get it. Leaving was good. That part is correct. But the lack of planning, the piss poor way they left, the fact that everyone knew this was coming, yet we look surprised.

You screwed the pooch joe. Own it.
edit on 16-8-2021 by network dude because: bad spler

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

He honestly doesn't get it. Leaving was good. That part is correct. But the lack of planning, the piss poor way they left, the act that everyone knew this was coming, yet we look surprised.

You screwed the pooch joe. Own it.

I think he gets it. I think they just know they have no excuses for why this was handled so badly so they're gonna pretend it's not even an issue and just talk about something else.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Joe, just send us the text, you sound like a 4th grader reading out loud.
He needs new contacts, it's so obvious he's just poorly reading a script.

Ugggghhhhh!!

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy
Agreed.......again!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 03:15 PM
link   

everyone sees it. For once, the partisan blinders are off. This isn't a democrat thing, or a Trump thing. it's a failure to execute thing. It's a logistical failure. It's a planning failure.

The only thing he really could do here to regain any credibility would be to admit it was a failure, and lay out some plans to fix it. And by fix it, I mean get everyone out safely, and make damn sure we all know what happened, and why this is and was a bad idea.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 03:25 PM
link   

He called Russia and China "competitors" and he said they want us to stay in Afghanistan.

That got to be a clue about something he is not telling us and probably the real reason for his decision.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Well, the voters wanted a career politician back and they got one. The man talked for 20 minutes and never addressed the actual issue the public is concerned about and the media is covering.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Your president is a disgusting embarrassment to all decent Americans trying to insult your intellegence with that bs speech

Even blaming the innocent Afghans!!

No accountability what so ever.

The Democrats are nothing but illiberal moral cowards and not fit to run anything let alone the United States pffft

I'm fuming at that prick hair sniffer
edit on 16-8-2021 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I think he could be our best weapon against the Taliban. If we could only talk them into taking him as their leader.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 04:11 PM
link   
you knew he would take a "Victory Lap"

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 04:11 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
Basic protocols would have prevented 90% of it. Those documents should have been destroyed weeks ago. All weapons transported out or disabled weeks ago. Close air support should have been ramped up. Warn them to stay away from Kabul or they get the business from above. Landmine the perimiter with electronic mines that can be turned on and off.

It was done so ineptly that it makes you wonder if it wasn't done intentionally.

I would buy into that if it was anyone else. Clinton, Obama, maybe. Biden, I actually believe he is this incompetent.

Im pretty sure those very people are in the background pulling the strings.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: sraven

He talked about everything but the actual issue at hand. And then, reportedly, he immediately left to go back to Camp David.

What a disgrace.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join