It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would America look like if American Slavery never existed?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I would like to start out by saying I believe Slavery in America is one of the most shameful and largest crimes against humanity that occurred in the last 500 years. i do wonder what America would look like if Europeans never enslaved Africans and brought them to the American continent. I also ponder what the lives of the descendants of slaves in America would be like as well. Also the culture and race divides in America would they still be at such a fever pitch? Would America been able to become the super power it is if it was not for the enslavement of other human beings?

Here is some things to remember. Without slavery Europeans would not have brought anyone to the Americas for their health. People would have to have emigrated on their own. The current GDP per capita in Africa is $1,860, while in North America its $49,430.

Personally I wish slavery never happened. It is such a dark moment in American History.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: AssiduousSpook

We can shoulda, coulda, woulda about our ancestors wrongdoings all day long.

The fact is, it did happen.

The problem is, the propaganda outlets want us to believe it happened yesterday.

156 years is a long damn time ago.
edit on 16-8-2021 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Get over it

Move on... to Pol Pots, Mao Zedong, Stalin, Adolf, Rome, Persia, The Spanish Inquisition, Islamic Conquest, British Empire, Turkish Ottoman, Tsar, Vikings, The Hun, The Mongols, Umayyad Caliphate, [INSERT ENDLESS LIST]

Its not good to be static entrenched ideologue, it is literally the fastest path to radicalization, and committing new atrocities LIKE OTHER HUMANS have, for thousands of years before, over and over and over and over

Learn all history... its wonderful, amazing, horrific, brutal, gruesome, and all adds up to modern day advancements and societal developments and a natural progression

When i see radicals post their focused singling out of one or the other, (not saying you) there is a high chance you're racist or radicalized, and all id say to those types is remember this, HATRED BREEDS HATRED

edit on 16-8-2021 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 12:40 PM
link   
slower development, especially in the agricultural South.
we might have brought in more poor Europeans (Ireland? Italy?) with middling results as they tend to be unsuited to the heat.

cotton (and tobacco) might not have become major commodities until the machine age

no War Between the States, no Jim Crow, no 60s riots, etc

forgotten victims of slavery were the Southeast US Native Americans. many of them (Tuscarora, Creek) were enslaved or driven off. their culture pretty much eradicated. very sad.
edit on 01032020 by ElGoobero because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I didn't realize that America was the only place slavery occurred in this world. Maybe you should concentrate on the countries that still employ slave labor to this day, like China.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Why do you make the specific distinction between general slavery and American slavery.

What if Africans never enslaved other Africans? What if the Muslims stopped having slaves.
What if China didn’t have slaves or Egypt?

Why do you hold America more accountable then the rest of the world?

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

The problem is, the propaganda outlets want us to believe it happened yesterday.

I think you are missing the point. Would America be a better or worst place if it never happened? Im curious of those decedents are living better lives here in America then in Africa? Would all this racial tumoral exist today if Slaves never were brought here?

Personally I think TODAY we are paying for the sins that occurred 150+ years ago.

originally posted by: panoz77
I didn't realize that America was the only place slavery occurred in this world. Maybe you should concentrate on the countries that still employ slave labor to this day, like China.

I am not saying it is, Im more curious in the social dynamics there are going on now in America. Racial tensions, BLM movement, riots, high amounts violent crime, defunding the police. Would all of this exist if Slaves were never brought to America? That's what I am getting at. The social dynamics
edit on 16-8-2021 by AssiduousSpook because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

Because Im concerned about the social issues we are experiencing here is this COUNTRY, TODAY. Not what happened somewhere else. Thats another conversation.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: AssiduousSpook

originally posted by: KKLOCO

I think you are missing the point. Would America be a better or worst place if it never happened? Im curious of those decedents are living better lives here in America then in Africa? Would all this racial tumoral exist today if Slaves never were brought here?

Personally I think TODAY we are paying for the sins that occurred 150+ years ago.

I am not saying it is, Im more curious in the social dynamics there are going on now in America. Racial tensions, BLM movement, riots, high amounts violent crime, defunding the police. Would all of this exist if Slaves were never brought to America? That's what I am getting at. The social dynamics

Racial tension is not a result of slavery. It is a result of democrat policies for the last 80 years.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Well there would be less rich black Americans and more poor black Africans for starters.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Yes. It was only the US and only blacks were ever enslaved. Stop learning history!

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Yeah its like literally happening all over the world still but nobody seems to care

Africa is still the slave capital of the world, Libya currently taking that title on the African continent

And then there is the slaves/forced labor in china along with genocide

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 01:19 PM
link   

a reply to: Athetos

Because Im concerned about the social issues we are experiencing here is this COUNTRY, TODAY. Not what happened somewhere else. Thats another conversation.

Ahh that ole chestnut...

COUNTRY, TODAY. Not what happened somewhere else

OK game on

There are no social issues, its called politics

Its called communism

And its called class-ism re-branded as racism

Its called false statics

propaganda

insurrection

Get Educated, Knowledge is power

Welcome to 2021

edit on 16-8-2021 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Well, if the African slaves had not been sold into slavery by other Africans then their descendants today would be born in Africa.

Africa is known for poverty, famine, and such lovely things as child soldiers and regular village massacres.

Maybe things turned out exactly like they should have.

Funny how you never hear the descendants of the many many Irish slaves talk about reparations and other nonsense.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I would like to start out by saying I believe Slavery in America is one of the most shameful and largest crimes against humanity that occurred in the last 500 years.

I am so tired of crap like this.

First of all, slavery in America would never have happened if there had not already existed slavery in basically the entire world.

It was not and never was an American problem, it was a world problem.

Secondly, if slavery hadn't existed in the world, it would never have existed in America. In fact, the only reason that slavery had to exist at the beginning of the American experiment, is precisely because it was a world problem at the time. It became part of early America just by virtue of it already being a world problem.

Thirdly, had the American founders tried to eliminate slavery, there would be no America today (at least as we knew it up until the last 20 years or so prior to 9/11).

Finally, most people have absolutely zero clue when it comes to the true history of slavery in America.

If you truly want to learn the truth, not the poppycock taught in public schools (warning, it is 2 hours 20 minutes long, but worth every second, as is everything of his), I present to you the great Thomas Sewell:

edit on 16-8-2021 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Perhaps a lot more child labor as one had during unfettered capitalism in 19th century industrial parts of Britain and Europe.

Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn would have spent their formative years in cotton fields and Dickensian factories rather than traversing "Old Man river" and getting spanked in school for chivalry.

No Civil War perhaps, and of course different demographics (well, parts of Africa would have a few more million extra people probably, although except to say there wouldn't have been a Liberia, the results of this are debatable).

Of course, also a huge cultural loss in music, and so forth that resulted from exchanges and cultural hybridity, such as jazz, rock 'n' roll and hip-hop styles.
Perhaps some movements in Christianity wouldn't exist either.

While acknowledging the immense amount of suffering caused by slavery, I'm also thinking of the positive spin-offs without which cultural life would be poorer today.
edit on 16-8-2021 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 02:53 PM
link   

You know slavery has always been part of human history, I guess you missed that part in school. Slavery did no originated in the US and is on going as of today in parts of the world just with another name.

And for "been an America crime" well is been a crime against humanity before even America came to be.

History of Slavery Around the World

discover.hubpages.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl
Sowell is a national treasure. I hope someday he is recognized for his immense worth.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Africans were already over here and if slavery never happened then European invaders who created the USA would have never colonized the western world or the Pacific and there still would be massive Native American and Pacific Island empires. It would be much better. The Hawaiians were using electricity before the white house. Don't even waste your time saying indigenous people are not advanced. There would probably be far less pollution and threats from climate change. You know the colonists stole the idea of democracy from east coast tribes?

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 03:55 PM
link   
no you are wrong !
now we have to pay for the mistakes of oure ancesters ! the fools...
the afro- amerikans are fully right we should never have taken slaves from africa
they were better off staying there !

italy was also guilty of taken white slaves from the northern hemisfeer during the roman periode
so lets sew the italian gov. for it !
white lives matters also !

a reply to: KKLOCO

edit on 16-8-2021 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join