It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USAF C-17 leaving Kabul with record 800 souls on-board

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Pretty insane considering they only carry 100 troops with kit, and 170 max with kit, so this is a new record been set i think, the record for a c-17 was previously 670 people, and what makes it even more unique flight is air to air refueling once airborne, meaning they landed low on fuel never refueled at the airport due to time and urgency, took of and refueled in air, hats of to those ballsy pilots, so the USAF really are pulling out all the stops to get these people out

Again it just goes to show how intense the situation is currently on the ground at Kabul Airport, and i don't believe we've seen the worst of this operation/madness yet, ive a feeling were gonna see aircraft literally running over people to get airborne soon, we could even maybe see one shot down, or destroyed aircraft on the runway that do not have the range to fly themselves out at this point. i hope not buy its very possible

Article

Currently there have been hundreds of heavy lift aircraft sent to assist, just a small sample here below, of US but there are many countries sending heavy lift aircraft from Turkey and gulf states, UK, EU, and many others, so that airport must be insane right now

Reports that USAF C-17 RCH871 airborne out of #Kabul in #Afghanistan has 800 passengers on board! Incredible work being done by #USAF and allied aircrews just now which will without a doubt go down in the history books #AvGeek #RadioGeek #MilMonWorld #BravoZulu

It looks like Flag of United States01-0186/#RCH871, a Boeing C-17A Globemaster III, may just have received aerial refueling from Flag of United States63-8000/#SHELL26, a Boeing KC-135R Stratotanker, over Flag of AfghanistanAfghanistan, shortly after taking off from Kabul.

That’s incredible. Sounds like they took off fuel-light to get all those souls in the air and gassed up after airborne. Amazing!

Going to be another tense 24 hours and interesting to see how the remaining forces get out last here is a interesting post from @Aviation_Intel

Tyler Rogoway @Aviation_Intel
The question of how the final US force protection troops will leave Kabul is becoming very murky. The security situation for any aircraft operating from Kabul is very poor. The runway is FOD'd anyway making operations dangerous regardless. Scary but Taliban may have to take the airport in order to get out fully, assuming they would even allow it. Scary stuff. Runway independent operations (helo/v-22) ideal, but unlikely enough airlift capacity and unless you are going to Pakistan, you really need aerial refueling... We can only hope most everyone has left and the final force can leave aboard helicopters or whatever. Expect destroyed aircraft in place that do not have the range to fly themselves out at this point. Or some sort of negotiated deal with the Taliban, but good luck on that. They will trade the hardware to whoever for currency (see China). Must be destroyed unless the realistic chance of allowing us to remove it. finally, at what point to you go kinetic to get your people and flyable hardware out? Scary #. This is such a # up that was so easily seen coming. Post mortem will be Desert One level bad.

edit on 16-8-2021 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Anyone can bash on American forces (like I've been reading about on MSM) but they are doing everything they can right now.

Cheers to them.
It's a HUGE gamble to overload a flight by that much.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Not at all like Vietnam according to Biden.

edit on 8 16 2021 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I think there is and has been a long agreement in place with the Taliban to leave and a peace deal, that is very apparent and evident and in the public domain

But i think BOTH the US/ISAF force & The Taliban had no idea how the chaos would spread and unfold, or how rapidly the installed government would fold & run away ... its possible both the US/ISAF and Taliban expected the afghan government to maybe fight for a while and not give up control so ... umm instantly, but according to some high level US intelligence figures they predicted this, and obviously wasn't listened to, So it looks like some other military planners are in some deep shiish poops

Personally i think the Taliban will allow the withdrawal, but there is no guarantee that a rough element or group wont try down an aircraft or spray some bullets into the airport crowds
edit on 16-8-2021 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 11:10 AM
link   
These acts of desperation by the Afghan’s is a bit disturbing. Why the hell would anyone think clinging to a plane taking off is a good idea is beyond my comprehension. Sad.

At least 7 people have been killed at Kabul International Airport Monday, where Afghans have been flocking in desperate attempts to flee the Taliban, reports also say. Senior U.S. military officials that spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity said the figure includes Afghans seen in social media videos falling from the sky after clinging onto the side of American C-17 plane during takeoff.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder
Good job Joe.
SMFH

That should be shown on every nightly news cast but because our "nightly news" is nothing more than state propaganda it wont.

edit on 8 16 2021 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: havok
Anyone can bash on American forces (like I've been reading about on MSM) but they are doing everything they can right now.

Cheers to them.

MSM will do anything they can to prop up Biden, even blame the disaster on the hard working, lives at risk, military who are doing their best in a terrible situation.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
Good job Joe.
SMFH

That should be shown on every nightly news cast but because our "nightly news" is nothing more than state propaganda it wont.

Why would you want something like that shown every night?
And Joe didn't force those people to do that. You give him too much power.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Cheers to them.

It's not the US Forces need to be bashed on; it's the damn, useless, traitotious miscalled "commander in chief" anal orifice that needs to be bashed on and hounded out of the office that the senile old b*****d had disgraced.

edit on 2021 8 16 by incoserv because: typo

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder
These acts of desperation by the Afghan’s is a bit disturbing. Why the hell would anyone think clinging to a plane taking off is a good idea is beyond my comprehension. Sad.
Senior U.S. military officials that spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity said the figure includes Afghans seen in social media videos falling from the sky after clinging onto the side of American C-17 plane during takeoff.

I guess the risk seemed worth it to avoid the horrible torture ahead for them by the Taliban if they stayed. The risk of a quick death falling off a plane must have been a better option than torture in the public streets of Kabul. The Taliban are known for vicious torture in the streets of anyone who doesn't follow strict Islamic law, and anyone who helped the Americans, and anyone who disagrees with radical and murderous Taliban interpretation of Islam.

edit on 8/16/21 by The2Billies because: clarification

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Notice that the MSM is bashing the American Military, NOT the leadership that got them into this situation.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

Bullsh*t. He created the situation. He had the power to do that, even going against the advice of military leaders and the Secretary of Defense. We're not giving Joe the credit he really deserves.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

At least 7 people have been killed at Kabul International Airport Monday, where Afghans have been flocking in desperate attempts to flee the Taliban, reports also say. Senior U.S. military officials that spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity said the figure includes Afghans seen in social media videos falling from the sky after clinging onto the side of American C-17 plane during takeoff.

Dying from falling from a plane is likely preferable to watching your family being beheaded and your wife and daughter being raped then stoned to death. And before anyone says it the average afghani has no hope fighting the taliban.

This is going to be one of the most horrific situations ever. The MSM will quickly stop reporting on it like with Syria and Yemen.

I bet 99% of the troops being evacuated would rather stay and fight the taliban.

We need to go back in fully and kill every last one of the taliban right now.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

Notice that the MSM is bashing the American Military, NOT the leadership that got them into this situation.

Nor the Obama/Biden administration who had 8 years to work on the issue and did nothing but send more soldiers to die and plane loads of cash to Iran who is sympathetic to Afghanistan murderous radical terrorists.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 11:32 AM
link   

that is one thing that should not be happening now. Military members will do what they are told, when they are told, and they will do it well. Every time. Leadership failed in epic proportions here, and that is who is to blame.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

originally posted by: stosh64
Good job Joe.
SMFH

Why would you want something like that shown every night?

You might be right, Obama and Joe had 8 years to work on the problem and did nothing to make it better.

So the media blames the troops who Obama and Joe sent to die and save the people when they did nothing in a total of nearly 10 years to make it better.

If Obama took the route of powerlessness as President, guess Joe just followed in his gutless footsteps. But we all know Joe has no power at all, it is his puppet masters making the decisions while they hide Joe as much as possible so people don't realize he is as senile as he appears when he speaks in public these days.

edit on 8/16/21 by The2Billies because: clarification

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

Wow that's quite the load, everyone take a deep breath and hold it.

Do you know how much personnel the States have to get out of there? I haven't seen a complete number (or I didn't notice).
edit on 8/16/2021 by MykeNukem because: sp.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Journalists have long hated the military here. Goes at least back to Vietnam.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: havok

I think people who bash American forces are misplacing anger.

Our soldiers are some of the best mankind has ever seen. It's the politicians who f*** it up and send them into battles that can't be won.

You can take down a government, but you can't force people to change their minds. We need to learn that sooner rather than later. Ideas are invincible, best not start campaigns trying to kill ideas.... Impossible.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

I agree with you 100%.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join