It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reinvasion of Afghanistan. Refugees on their way. Pandemic? And derpity derp derp....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Kabul is about to fall and they want to send people back?!

South Vietnam at least lasted 2 years. Afghanistan hasn't lasted 3 months. Even the Communist government of Afghanistan held on to power longer after the Soviets left.

I'd just call it quits myself. This war shouldn't even have lasted this long.
edit on 1582021 by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 04:49 AM
link   
88 billion dollars on defending mining operations ?

Are we allowed to say that ?

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 04:56 AM
link   
As far as I can tell, the 5000 troops are just there to help with the evacuation.

I doubt we will go back in although we should.

Be interesting to see if other countries get involved.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: shaemac

Insert my "I told you so" from 20 years back.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Looks like they've got some nice new vehicles and weapons to fight back with now. Havn't made em weaker... made em stronger!

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

We keep electing the same type of officials who feed the military industrial complex.

Blame the American people too. They're too dumbified by left vs right to see that both sides are pro war and Military industrial complex. Not Biden, nor any POTUS before him during my time has been anti-war.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 09:19 AM
link   
The U.S. had best get our civilian people out and our military follow, ASAP.

""Afghan President Ghani has fled the country, Fox News has confirmed.

"That's it. It's over," a U.S. official said.

TOLO News first reported Ghani's departure.""

Source: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

The US hasn't won a war since WWII.

Don't know where our balls have gone, but they are missing.

Apparently into Pelosi's handbag.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

Plenty of us thought the same thing.

Afghanistan is mostly where empires die.

Osama never even claimed responsibility. The entire thing was a charade from the start and to this day, the Saudis walk unblemished and forever in good fortune.

This is a seriously sad picture. 😢

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

they changed gender

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 06:46 PM
link   
It's almost like the last 20 years of lost lives, billions of tax payer dollars and the stability that WAS achieved have all been flushed down the toilet in a matter of months. What a waste of lives, time and money. And Biden trying to blame Trump.

WHO was it that vowed to REVERSE ALL OF TRUMP'S POLICIES????? Who was it again? BIDEN. I guess....oops, he forgot some.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 07:27 PM
link   
o.p. "Refugees on their way"
Since the wars were done on israels behalf,
it needs to take in it's share of refugees.
Fair is only fair.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 07:52 PM
link   
We know because of the exhibited mishandling of the health and security of tax paying citizen's with the corona influence...are going to be forced to buy electric vehicles...if we survive the plandemic...are gonna need a lot of lithium???

I give you lithium in Afghanistan

June 16, 2010 | 9:08 am Careers Precious Metals Gold 

A recently unearthed 2007 United States Geological Service survey appears to have discovered nearly $1 trillion in mineral deposits in Afghanistan, far beyond any previously known reserves and enough to fundamentally alter the Afghan economy and perhaps the Afghan war itself.

I'm expecting to come to find Chinese in Afghan/Shepard wear...

eta if I changed Chinese to agents of CCP would it still be racist?
edit on (8/15/2121 by loveguy because:

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 07:54 PM
link   

The Afghan army of 300000 just folded when faced with 80000 undisciplined tribesmen, I say we just stay the hell out of there.

This is their mess, just quarantine the place until they're finished.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe
As far as I can tell, the 5000 troops are just there to help with the evacuation.

I doubt we will go back in although we should.

Be interesting to see if other countries get involved.

That is what we are being told. Biden just sent a thousand more.
He literally said, we need to secure our interests over there. To me, that says........stay there. Which IMO says "reoccupy".

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 02:20 PM
link   

The goal is no longer to win wars, the goal is to create enough distraction and excuses for more tax payer dollars to make their way into the bank accounts of the right people...

And I don't believe there is a left and a right in this, they all do the same, just might have different sponsors filling their pockets.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: aearluin

The goal is no longer to win wars, the goal is to create enough distraction and excuses for more tax payer dollars to make their way into the bank accounts of the right people...

And I don't believe there is a left and a right in this, they all do the same, just might have different sponsors filling their pockets.

Absolutely right, the original goal of ONE of them (for Afghanistan) and not the official one (War on terrorism if they really wanted to stop terrorism they would stop there arms company's from selling bullets to them and shut down all the sanction busting smuggling operations they run to supply the scum bags but as you say war is money) was to take control of the region for a planned oil pipeline that was going to go through Helmand province from another neighbouring country one of the oil rich former Soviet states to feed the growth of western China, a pipe line that was going to be built and heavily invested in by friends of George Bush.

It never actually materialized and the region was far too unstable then China turned belligerent (I should not be surprised though if in a deal with the Taliban they built one themselves with a Russian consortium if the plan is still feasible).

edit on 19-8-2021 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Here is a worrying thought, what if CHINA was to buy up a load of that dumped US gear and use it to stage an invasion of Taiwan gaining a beach head and confusing the Taiwan defenders by disguising there initial invasion force as US military?.

I know they would find some way to update FOF etc but it is still a worrying thought though likely the Chinese will just tunnel from the mainland under the island and emerge in overwhelming numbers if that is there actually goal.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join