It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why won't they tell me my blood type?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

Because your so special with a top secret bloodline that only the greats may possess. Right.

Secretly w8ing to rise up and take your place in the direction of humanity. Right.

Give me a break. Any General Practitioner would give you the info readily.

Nice try at I'm better than you psych op.

If your blood type is RH-Null then it does start to look like that actually.

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: everyone

That is not a blood type.

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I can't understand why certain medical staff seem to be hostile to this particular question..

I can't speak about the conversation because i wasn't there but telling you that they can't give out the information isnt exactly hostile sounding.

Lots of people often confuse nurses for health care support workers or phelbs, i would bet that if you're just going in for bloods its been one of them who has taken it and not a qualified nurse. If so then they most probably don't have access to your blood results and even if they did, with all due respect to them, they're don't really know what they're looking at.

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 02:48 PM
link   
They are not telling my daughter what their kids blood types are...she has asked multiple times. I have no idea why that is. My daughter is A positive and her husband is A positive, but there could be an O in there with the As. So the kid could still be O if both parents have an O marker.

I suppose there are so many people fooling around that some divorces were being done because of a kids blood type. Gee, both parents were A and the kid was AB...Hmmm.

But there are way more blood types now, like my son in law could have a M type blood marker, it could have been an M all along. There are over sixty types of blood now that need to be considered.

I am type A+ but There are more variations that need to be considered than that. When there were only four blood groups known of, with either positive or negative, than there were more problems with getting blood, but they do test for more than just the original four...more plasma is now given instead of whole blood to patients these days.

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

ETA
I also told him I wanted it in my records to save time should it ever be needed quickly.

The chances of every needing that knowledge quickly are, in all practicality, near zero, from a healthcare perspective.

A cross match for blood (the actual matching units to infuse specifically to you) is typically time limited. They will type your blood and allocate matching units to you.

Say you come back a month later and may need blood on standby. You will be typed again. They won't take your word that you are X +/-, even if they recently typed you.

Say you need blood emergently, you moan I am AB+, as you slip into unconsciousness. You will get O- (universal donor) emergency release blood. You'll have all kinds of blood drawn to try to figure out your physiologic status. In that blood, will be a Type and Cross to confirm your blood type and match units on hand to be given to you.

Sooooo much can go, and very likely will go horribly wrong if you get the wrong blood. You will get emergency release O-, or properly typed and crossed, before any healthcare entity will rely on self reporting (except for certain very dire battlefield conditions.

Blood type is interesting to know, but in reality, it's honestly just gee whiz info, for the most part....though I guess if you have a kid with B in their blood type and the mom has no B and you have no B, well then it's time for a paternity test.

ETA: Oops. Paternity scenario already mentioned after I read more of the thread.

edit on 14-8-2021 by davegazi2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 06:01 PM
link   

You can ask for a copy of your medical records.
www.nhs.uk...

You are fully entitled to know your blood type and it is important if you ever choose to be a blood donor (could also save your life if you were ever in an accident and bleeding out only for a medic to ask you if you know your blood type).

Good Luck.

edit on 14-8-2021 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 06:09 PM
link   
MY blood is synthetic. Manufactured by Exxon-Mobil, and Halliburton, on Proxima Centauri.

Silly humans!!

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: SwampFox999
Ill have to check out the finger prick test. That could be interesting. I would want to get at least 3 to see if the change at all. When I did the DNA look up I went with 2 of then for kicks. Came back pretty much the same. 1 or 2 % difference was all. a reply to: SwissMarked

Go on to ebay you can pick up blood test kits for 11.00 US. they aren't hard to get as to why you dont know is the need hasn't arose for a transfusion. Donate blood and they do the test right there

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I was told my blood type after donating blood and opting into the organ donor register in the UK.

There's a lot of beauracracy and data protection acts that mean certain information can't be given out unless the person has the right medical qualifications. Patient records can be very disorderd and take ages to find the right info especially if people have changed GP surgeries.

DPA is slowing down a lot of patient treatment by heavy restrictions on how confidential info is handled - for example both my neurologists office is next to my consultant neurologists office but they're not allowed to directly communicate or talk face to face with each other.

All info from an appointment is first typed up/dictated by the secretary and only then can it be passed onto myself and the other neuro. This can take up to six months to be processed as the department is massively overstretched in my area.

The new NHS policy being debated in Parliament offers to remove these restrictions and use a more comons sense approach but it also has a lot of downsides.

If you didn't sign the recent NHS and GP exemption forms your patient records are now 'anonymised' and available to buy for 'research purposes' - most of the interest is legitimate study that will improve treatment and general health for people but there are a number of dodgy US private health and insurance/debt companies oushing to get access to the info.

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion

The Data Protection Act was brought in AFTER the Freedom of Information act, it's real reason was not to protect mine and your data but to allow the wealthy to obfuscate as much information about there wealth and holdings etc as possible.

Now we can all agree we want our own personal information a bit more tightly kept but not so tightly kept we can not access it ourselves which seems to be the error being made here as that is actually against the law.

It was sold to you and me by the government as being in our interest and it has some good points but implementation of this act which often clashes with the Freedom of Information act has often been lacklustre and done more harm than good.

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 09:20 PM
link   
My complete medical records are online from the VA.and you have the right in the US to see all your medical records from any doctor you are going to.
In the US your medical records are yours.

In the US your records come under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act ( HIPAA )
the only exceptions, psychotherapy notes.
hipaatrek.com...

i am O neg its on my old dog tags.
edit on 14-8-2021 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: visitedbythem

They weren't. Mom was always proud to be type O+, and I think dad is type B+. I have forgotten, but think mine is type AB+.

If you are AB your mother is not your mother. A mother with type O blood cannot have a child with AB.

If your dad is type B and your mother is O you would be either type B or type O.

Then Im type B. My parents never had sex without anyone except each other, and not until they were married. My Grandfather was the first one in my dads family that got to pick his own wife. All previous marriages were arranged. Boys were not even allowed to speak to girls until courtship, and only under supervision.

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Sounds dreadful.

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Sounds dreadful.

The marriage wasnt built for speed. It was built to last. And it did for 60 plus years until she died. Dad never dated nor remarried after she passed.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Come to the states and get admitted to my hospital and I'll tell ya!

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Good points, hadn't thought of it that way. DPA does a lot of good but it does get in the way of treatment for complex conditions where multiple Drs need to work together - I've asked if it was possible to sign a waiver for Neuro stuff as I fully trust my Neurologists and know treatment would be a lot cheaper, quicker and effective than the medical staff having to jump through red tape.

There is a way to get all your medical records for free by threatenning a medical negligence case then withdrawing the case as soon as records have all been put in order and handed to you - not done it myself but had a number of Drs recommend the method as they think the £78 charge is unethical and a complete rip off.

I think it's free to see GP records and the patient doesn't need to provide any reason why - the request can only be refused if the records contain findings or information that many cause serous harm to mental and physical health. Hospital staff can be a bit brutal but they need a dark sense of humour and outlet to help cope with the enormous pressures and emotions of the job -

GROLIES is 'Guardian Reader Of Low Intelligence in Ethnic Skirt' for annoying metro people; FLK means 'funny looking kid' if someone looks ugly or strange and PP is 'Pumpkin Positive' where soeone is so stupid and has such a small brain that if a light was shone in their mouth their whole face would liight up like a pumpkin.

Apparently the whole process of obtaining and accessing records is legally free in the UK if somone cites the General Data Protection Regulation according to this UK patient associated guide to obtaining records but that's news to me: UK patient rights. accessing medical records
edit on 15-8-2021 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 06:19 AM
link   
It's a specific test the Doctor writes on the Pathology form, so no, the Receptionist, Nurse or Doctor will not know that answer without it being requested.

Ask your Doctor to write it on your next blood test, and you'll find out your blood type.

Mine is A+

edit on Augam682021-05:00062021 by MagnoPho because: Spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join