It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why won't they tell me my blood type?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Yeah, me either.
But you can see normal range and all that.
And the doctor usually has his notes as well for me to review.

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

They weren't. Mom was always proud to be type O+, and I think dad is type B+. I have forgotten, but think mine is type AB+.

If you are AB your mother is not your mother. A mother with type O blood cannot have a child with AB.

If your dad is type B and your mother is O you would be either type B or type O.
edit on 8/14/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: visitedbythem

They weren't. Mom was always proud to be type O+, and I think dad is type B+. I have forgotten, but think mine is type AB+.

If you are AB your mother is not your mother. A mother with type O blood cannot have a child with AB.

HAHA

Yeah you're right....

Thats amazing!

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

BAM!

Phage, you need to learn to spring that kind of information a little easier...

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

Really? that is weird I knew my blood type while playing with the RH factor in school, we all took samples of our drop of blood in the science class to see our blood type.

Well that was many years ago when science was fun and you used to learn a lot

and we used to dissect frogs.

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

You are a special individual too right? Your attitude genuiinely stinks. I have no idea why you're so hostile, but as you can see you're the only idiot who has taken such a negative attitude towards what is simply curiosity on my part. You really are a world class idiot, thanks for dropping by to let us know that for a fact. Seriously, I cannot fathom why you had to be such an arse about a simple question.

Because your so special with a top secret bloodline that only the greats may possess. Right.
Secretly w8ing to rise up and take your place in the direction of humanity. Right.

Jeremiah 33 v 3

Ask me and I will tell you remarkable secrets you do not know about things to come.

There are more things in Heaven & Earth, CthruU, than are dreamt of in your philsophy.

Your arrogance betrays your ignorance.
You don't know me from Adam
You don't know my history
You don't know the extent of my knowledge.
You don't understand the spiritual factors at work in our lives, that much is abundantly clear.

Next time, try being a decent human being & see how it fits.

edit on AugustSaturday2118CDT11America/Chicago-050055 by FlyInTheOintment because: important clarification

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 11:45 AM
link   
you can buy a home blood type test kit at WalMart for 10 bucks

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 11:48 AM
link   
You can get a copy of all of your medical records from your GP however there is a charge.

I had to do that a couple of years ago and it cost me £78 for my own records!

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: BrujaRebooted

Even though I am negative and my husband is also negative, they gave me Rhogam. I asked them why that was necessary mainly because I was curious and really wanted to know, and they got mad at me.

I wasn't saying I didn't need it so much as thinking that two negatives should also have a negative child and thus not have the reaction, but I was open to the possibility that blood typing is more complicated than what they teach in general classes, even college level anatomy/physiology, so I was looking forward to an explanation and learning something.

They just got mad.
edit on 14-8-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 11:51 AM
link   
In the US the reason is simple they want you to pay to know your blood type, you can pay to type your blood but even though they all know it from other tests they won't tell you.

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

When both my children were born I asked the doctors while in the maternity ward to write down my children blood type.

I had not problem with that.

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Thank you everyone for the informative & polite comments.

It's interesting to know that the information doesn't necessarily come easily when we ask the simplest of questions regarding blood type. I can't understand why certain medical staff seem to be hostile to this particular question..

I will probably go down the route of a subject access request, as there are other things that I'd like to understand about my records, particularly connected to something which happened recently (which I won't go into as it's a private sort of thing).

If it costs me, so be it, I need the information really (because I'll probably be making a serious complaint about something that occurred in the past six months).

Best wishes,

FITO.

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Even though I am negative and my husband is also negative, they gave me Rhogam. I asked them why that was necessary mainly because I was curious and really wanted to know, and they got mad at me.

I wasn't saying I didn't need it so much as thinking that two negatives should also have a negative child and thus not have the reaction, but I was open to the possibility that blood typing is more complicated than what they teach in general classes, even college level anatomy/physiology, so I was looking forward to an explanation and learning something.

They just got mad.

Interesting that your husband is negative. In my family on my mothers side and my sibs, the men are positive, as my father brother and nephews are, my son is positive. Negative is recessive.

Perhaps they were just being on the safe side, afterall, Daddy could be the postman?

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 12:04 PM
link   

It could B Positive that they dont tell you, although some will say thats A Negative

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I did not get along with the OB/GYN I wound up with for my pregnancy at all, honestly.

I have chronic migraine, and they were very resistant to the idea that my neurologist should have any part in the conversation when it came to how to handle anything. Sure, they could handle pregnancy, but he was the expert when it came to preventing a return to chronic migraine status. I would honestly have liked for them to consult with each other, but instead I was the middle man trying to relay information.

At one point, the OB wanted me to use narcotics for pain relief, something the neuro *did not* want at all (he even had my Tylenol rationed to 3 doses/month), and she would not listen at all when I tried to explain why narcotics for casual pain relief would be a bad idea. I offered to give her my neuro's contact info so she could talk with him (I'd been seeing him for years at that point), but after than appointment, I never saw that particular doc again. Even though I was scheduled with her, a different doc showed up with some lame excuse about me "getting used to seeing the other docs in the clinic ... just in case".

This was the same woman who chewed me out for losing weight in the first trimester because I was queasy and it put me off my appetite. I also completely lost my sense of taste too which made me not hungry. She got angry that I didn't recognize just being slightly queasy as hyper-emesis which to me suggested puking my guts up - something I never exactly did. Oh, and this was after she lectured me for being overweight at the very first appointment.

It was a very stressful and upsetting time.

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Hey EVERYONE

Want to know your blood type, order a little test online and do it at home.
It is very cheap, very easy and if you follow directions very accurate!

edit on 14-8-2021 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I can't understand why certain medical staff seem to be hostile to this particular question..

When I broke my foot a couple of months ago I asked the nurse what the pictures said. He said "the doctor will be in shortly." When the doctor came in she said, "you broke your 5th metatarsal." The nurse could have told me that just as easily. Probably, in order to prevent inaccurate, incomplete, or sensitive information from being distributed, nurses and lower echelon staff are instructed to give no information at all. It's less complicated that way.

Did you follow up and ask a doctor?

edit on 8/14/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: SeaWorthy

When both my children were born I asked the doctors while in the maternity ward to write down my children blood type.

I had not problem with that.

You must have had a really great Dr and I am very glad you were able to get it at birth.

I tried many times over the years and finally paid as I can't donate blood.

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I imagine that a phlebotomists job description does not include the release of protected health information. Releasing medical information could also expose the phlebotomist to potential malpractice lawsuit.

edit on 14-8-2021 by Buvvy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 01:03 PM
link   
When my doctor did a blood test, I asked out of curiosity. He told me to give blood and they will tell me, otherwise they don't test for that unless necessary. It seems they would have that in my records though, perhaps he didn't have the authority or time to check that out. But with everything in a digital system, it should be quick and easy to find out IMO.

ON a side note, he's a vaccine pusher from my better half told me.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join