It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As Hawaii sees record high COVID cases, governor pleads with public to change behaviors

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: DBCowboy
Paniolo country.

I lived there for a year or so. When the weather is nice it's really nice. But most of the time it's windy with misty rain. Sort of like what you're used to?

Yup.

That's why I like it so much. Spoke to a director here who has a ranch. We talked horse-flesh about 2 hours.

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 10:24 PM
link   

It's said that you can find places in Hawaii that are like places almost anywhere else on the planet. Often on the same island. I've skied on Mauna Kea, then went body surfing an hour and half later.

True to a point, but Eastern Oregon blew my mind. Nothing like that here.

edit on 8/14/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I don't know, folks here are saying they're suffering a drought.

I want the rain.

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Yeah. That's true. I lived there quite a while ago. Things have changed.
Was that wildfire still going when you were upcountry?

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 10:33 PM
link   

It was mostly out but you can see the scars.

It's ugly.

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: HawkEyi

The State of HAWAII - Only 347 deaths per 1 million of population over the past 18 months.

www.worldometers.info...

Gov David Ige is one of the least popular governors in the nation. And this was BEFORE his weaknesses were known.

Source: www.staradvertiser.com...

We'll see if the people of Hawaii re-elect him. If they do, it means they like pain, lol.

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 10:52 PM
link   

I'm well aware they still could catch Covid before the flight. There's definitely sick tourist who would still try and enjoy their vacation or spread it asymptomatic. Local people serve them in tourist areas and not all locals stay living in the tourist areas. It's not fair there's an overwhelming amount of tourists and local businesses have to shut down to 50%. The tourism industry is breaking the rules all the time and locals have to abide.

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

Our economy is highly dependent upon tourism. Some are real assholes but for the most part they are ok. It was nice last year when they weren't around much though. Could get to the North Shore in about 45 minutes, like the old days. Kailua was like it was when I was a kid, just a small town. But the economic impact was pretty severe.

It's a fine line that has to be drawn. I won't be surprised at all if the vaccine waiver is dumped.

edit on 8/14/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 12:00 AM
link   

a reply to: musicismagic

I'd rather live here than any place you can freeze to death or be bitten by a poisonous serpent.

Do you ever have to call the fire department for a cat stuck in a tree?

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 12:09 AM
link   
so how`s that almost 100% vaccination rate working out for hawaii? not so good huh well don`t worry i`m sure the science will change yet again and y`all will be fine!

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: rsvpzxc

so how`s that almost 100% vaccination rate
From where do you get your misinformation?

91% if those hospitalized are unvaccinated.

edit on 8/15/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 12:14 AM
link   

a reply to: Teikiatsu

Oahu is actually the "main" island.
You should see all the grass shacks. Median price for a single family shack just hit $1 million.

Why do you think I'm saying anything about living conditions or quality of life? I really couldn't care less about that.
edit on 15-8-2021 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 12:17 AM
link   

What do you mean by the vaccine waiver? Just all the mandatory vaccines they're talking about?

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Sorry, just playing with some common misconceptions and ignorance about my home. The idea that Hawaii is the "main" island is an indication that you may have a few.

edit on 8/15/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Sorry, just playing with some common misconceptions and ignorance about my home. The idea that Hawaii is the "main" island is an indication that you may have a few.

You don't just run around in "Hawaii" shirts with Rick and TC, trying to avoid Higgins and the Lads?

Wha?

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 02:12 AM
link   

i would rather be the one with the needle than the lab rat kudos to you for being the lab rat.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join