It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As Hawaii sees record high COVID cases, governor pleads with public to change behaviors

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Hawaii, a state that is one of the most vaccinated states, is witnessing a record jumps in Covid.
Like what is happening is in Israel.

In a state which they have now asked to changing behaviors of people. Now they are the younger people and patients. Kids cant get vaccainted but you can problary be sure they would be urging them to get vaccinated.

As Hawaii sees record high COVID cases, governor pleads with public to change behaviors

Our behavior can save us. The actions we take each and every day can make a difference in the battle against COVID.”

The fear mongering.

“With the delta variant being so pervasive, the fight has changed,” Char said. “When someone is infected with delta variant of COVID they have about a 1,000 times to 1,200 times as much virus in them than those that had the original type of COVID. You can see people get sicker much faster.”

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: HawkEyi

Wasn't DB just in Hawaii?

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Yes. Our hospital resources are quite limited and we can't just drive to another state.

It's a problem which will get worse. It would be worse now if not for our pretty good vaccination rate.

“At our peak last year we had 291 patients in our hospitals. We’re going to pass that tomorrow,” said Hilton Raethel.

The head of the Healthcare Association of Hawaii says 25 had gotten their coronavirus shots.

“So that means 91 percent of the COVID patients in our hospitals today are unvaccinated,” Raethel said.

www.hawaiinewsnow.com...

edit on 8/13/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: HawkEyi

Wow, the stupid is strong in that char person. A little logical extrapolation of data from multiple highly jab'd countries and it looks like viral loading in jab'd people is rebreeding and retransmitting the virus. So.... The source must be the vaccinated.

Why do they keep rigging elections and putting idiots in place that can't think critically? I think we need to clean house?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Yes. Our hospital resources are quite limited and we can't just drive to another state.

Brah, where you stay, Oahu?

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

A little logical extrapolation of data from multiple highly jab'd countries and it looks like viral loading in jab'd people is rebreeding and retransmitting the virus. The source must be the vaccinated.
Um. No. The viral loading for Delta seems to be about the same for vaccinated and vaccinated.

But the vaccinated aren't being hospitalized at nearly the rate of the unvaccinated.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I laugh the excuses, well the vaxed is getting covid but they are not as bad as those that do not have the vax, then when all is vaxed what the excuse of infections is going to be?

Oh, but the variants are soo bad that you need to get more jabs to be protected.

By the time pharma finish reaping their trillions, humans no longer will be able to fight a mosquito bite without hospitalization.

Zero natural immunity.
The future of humanity we will be living inside sanitized plastic bubbles.

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 11:30 PM
link   
The propaganda is all about the infected, but nobody is telling who is dying and who recuperates, because is about politics, is better to keep pushing the infections data than the death data.

Soo predictable, I wonder when the counters are coming back on the fascist media again.

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

By the time pharma finish reaping their trillions, humans no longer will be able to fight a mosquito bite without hospitalization.

Seems there are a lot of people who have never been able to fight malaria, dengue or West Nile.

But yeah. Vaccines for those would be a bad thing because someone might make some money from them.

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 11:35 PM
link   

a reply to: bobs_uruncle

A little logical extrapolation of data from multiple highly jab'd countries and it looks like viral loading in jab'd people is rebreeding and retransmitting the virus. The source must be the vaccinated.
Um. No. The viral loading for Delta seems to be about the same for vaccinated and vaccinated.

But the vaccinated aren't being hospitalized at nearly the rate of the unvaccinated.
How are they testing for the Delta variant?

How do they know its not the Lamda variant?

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: sciencelol

By genetic sequencing. Does it really matter though? A lot more people are getting infected and hospitalized all of sudden.

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 11:39 PM
link   

But yeah. Vaccines for those would be a bad thing because someone might make some money from them.

Vaccines for those diseases would be wonderful if fully time tested to be safe and not forced on anyone. Making money is fine, bribery to take the vaccines is highly suspicious. Big difference.

edit on 13-8-2021 by igloo because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-8-2021 by igloo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 11:41 PM
link   

By genetic sequencing. Does it really matter though? A lot more people are getting infected and hospitalized all of sudden.

Just as we get mass vaccination going.

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 11:42 PM
link   

They do no know, I ask my daughter about that, she said is not testing for Delta or any other variants, the only way to find a variants is isolating the virus itself and comparing it with other viruses.

Is no done over night and neither over weeks, to do that to each individual person is almost impossible and time consuming.

So the states tells what CDC tells them, if the CDC call it delta that is what the hospitals will tell people they have.

What we are having is the despicable way that the Democrats opening the borders is bringing into the US to re infect everybody because obviously the darn vax do not work.

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

With one million illegals and counting without been tested and those tested been infected, no wonder we are having a surge of the darn virus again, vax or no vax.

What the fascist media is not telling is how this illegals with not treatment has been bused all over the US.

This country is heading for chaos, I am not kidding I am very serious.

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Just as we get mass vaccination going.

Actually vaccination started out real fast here (good thing, there would be a lot more hospitalized now otherwise) for a few months. Slowed down quite a bit after that.

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 11:47 PM
link   

With one million illegals and counting without been tested and those tested been infected, no wonder we are having a surge of the darn virus again, vax or no vax.
Good thing they only carry COVID. It could be worse.

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 11:48 PM
link   
So I did some googling for numbers...

The population of the island of Hawaii was 200,983 in mid-2018, but I'll ignore that it would be higher by now to avoid estimations.

So at the peak of COVID in Hawaii they had 291 beds, in other words 0.14% of the population needed hospitalization? And they are worried that number could go a little higher now?

It looks like at the peak in 2020 there were a max of 309 cases, so assuming 291 had to be hospitalized that's 94.1% that turned serious. Current cases in Hawaii are at 543, If the delta were just as virulent you'd expect to see ~510 in the hospital right now. While the current number may not be good for the island, I guess there's a silver lining that delta doesn't appear to be as pathogenic... although obviously more contagious. (Also, that would be 0.25% hospitalized.)

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I am waiting to see what else they will be bringing with them I remember during the Obama administration he did the same thing and we had a surge or diseases that were already rarely found in the US anymore.

Specially with the children.

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

The population of the island of Hawaii was 200,983 in mid-2018, but I'll ignore that it would be higher by now to avoid estimations.

Do you think we live in grass shacks and wear hula skirts too?

Hawaii is a state with well over 1 million residents, and it was in 2018 too.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join