It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago’s Super-Spreader Event That Wasn’t

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Hypocrisy is shown of those who are pushing mandatory mandates, vaccination passports.

Remember the Chicago Lalapalooza? Media defends the event that was held in Chicago and to cliam that event wasnt a super spreader but the Motor biker rally is.

How do they know that wasn't an super spreader when the PCR test kits are being withdrawn?
Chicago’s Super-Spreader Event That Wasn’t

The Lollapalooza music festival was held in Chicago from July 29 to August 1. The Chicago Sun-Times denounced the event as “unsafe” and “certain” to become “a super-spreader” — even though everyone who attended was required to show proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test taken within the past three days. Upwards of 385,000 people attended at least one day of the four-day festival.

But being vaccinated doesn't mean you wont spread covid.

Here’s the odd thing, though. This event, which was supposed to be a super-spreader, ended a week ago. The virus can incubate in a person for anywhere from two to 14 days. Eight days later, you would think we would be hearing about at least some calamitous consequences — large numbers of attendees testing positive for the virus, and perhaps even some attendees requiring hospitalization. City officials encouraged concertgoers to get themselves tested after attending. Keep in mind, the audience for these concerts is generally young people — and vaccinated young people are the demographic least likely to have a severe, or even symptomatic, reaction to infection.

I doubt many did test after the events. In other words the media is defending Chicago’s Super-Spreader.
The fall has yet come soon.

edit on 10-8-2021 by HawkEyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: HawkEyi

The 2020 event did not have a live audience.

The 2020 experience of the festival was initially scheduled to occur July 30–August 2. However, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the event was officially cancelled on June 9.[48] The festival postponed the sale of tickets in March as a precaution to the possible shutdown of live music events.[49] In order to keep the spirit of the festival going, the city of Chicago announced that they would offer a livestreamed event occurring the same weekend as the initially-planned event.[

The 2021 event is also canceled.

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 05:37 AM
link   

edit on 10-8-2021 by Chalcedony because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to: Chalcedony
I saw it on the Fox news that it was canceled, they must have meant just some acts.
Still you won't know if it is a super spreader for a couple of weeks, when people return home and the virus incubates.

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: MinangATS

I find it poetic how MSM pays little attention to the Obama party bash as we can take their word that those guests/etc or were actually vaccinated agaisnt it.

While the MSM were trying to downplay this event as not a super spreader. After the BLM "Protests" ended the covid cases rose.
edit on 10-8-2021 by HawkEyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Well this could be a super spreader!!

www.chicagotribune.com...

Heavy metal band Metallica is playing Metro at 8:30 p.m. Monday night, according to a Twitter post by the North Side music club. Tickets are only available in person, paid in cash — and are only $20. The box office is now open and wristband tickets are limited and expected to sell out quickly.

Only one wristband per patron, and ticket buyers must have proof of COVID-19 vaccination.

Bring your cash and proof of full vaccination at least 14 days prior to the show to the Metro (3730 N. Clark St.) in person (no online sales).
Once your vaccination status is verified, you can get in line to the box office.
Tickets are cash only, $19.83 (or $20 total).
Your wristband is your ticket. Once you purchase a wristband, it will be put on by Metro staff. If a wristband shows any evidence of tampering, it will be void.
Patrons can then leave and return to the Metro at 6 p.m. Doors open at 7 p.m., show at 8:30 p.m.
Metallica recently played a concert in its hometown of San Francisco, its first live show in more than two years. From Chicago the band heads next to Louisville on an international tour.

Ahhh the good ole days. Havent seen a good concert in years! I remember the 1st time I saw Metallica was in 1989 Irvine Meadows, CA and saw a guy get his hair caught on fire and then another stabbed in the mosh-pit! brings back memories!

edit on 20-9-2021 by ColoradoTemplar because: .

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ColoradoTemplar

Doin the cool thing with the in person and in cash, then doing the stupid thing with proof of vaccination. Whats up with that?

My band played the Metro once to a few thousand. That was nerve-wracking but fun

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

I think the last time I paid $20 for a concert was back in the early 90's at a small venue in Tulsa,OK I saw Anthrax and The Misfits together.

new topics

top topics

join