It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masks Don't Work In Schools (With Data To Prove It)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Doesn't matter. They're hellbent. Always have been, always will be.

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Used this in another thread.

I love to recycle…

The Delta Variant Will Drive A Steep Rise In U.S. COVID Deaths, A New Model Shows

www.npr.org...

Wow. Despite masks being available? With no listings in the article what factor masks may make.

It’s like they project these crazy high inflated projections

Then when the real numbers are way low, it’s “masks didn't prevent the spread but they helped”….

Remember when…

APRIL 21, 2020 3:05PM
How One Model Simulated 2.2 Million U.S. Deaths from COVID-19

www.cato.org...

A month later that 2.2 million estimate was still being used (without revealing the source) by President Trump and Doctors Fauci and Birx to imply that up to two million lives had been saved by state lockdowns and business closings and/or by federal travel bans.

But…. Same source

The key premise of 81% of the population being infected should have raised more alarms than it did. Even the deadly "Spanish Flu" (H1N1) pandemic of 1918-19 infected no more than 28% of the U.S. population. The next H1N1 "Swine Flu" pandemic in 2009-10, infected 20-24% of Americans.

To push the percentage infected up from 20-28% to an unprecedented 81% for COVID-19 required assuming the number of cases and/or deaths keeps doubling every three or four days for months (deaths were predicted to peak July 20). And that means assuming the estimated reproduction number (R0) of 2.4 remains high, and people keep mingling with different groups, until nearly everyone gets infected. Long before 8 out of 10 people became infected, however, a larger and larger percentage of the population would have recovered from the disease and become immune, so a smaller and smaller share would still remain susceptible

Now this is important

From above… “ To push the percentage infected up from 20-28% to an unprecedented 81% for COVID-19”

Now let’s use New York as example…

Study estimates nearly 1 in 4 New Yorkers had COVID-19 early in pandemic

www.ny1.com...

So. Even with unprecedented mask mandates, lockdowns, business closures, personnel protection equipment and techniques, hand sanitizer, and the technology to shop and work from home. New York fell into the usual percentage of expected infections within error of analysis.

Cheap masks had no statistical impact on the spread of covid.

An artificial projection and unrealistic model was created for the covid narrative in the USA that gave a lot of wiggle room for claiming what “worked”.

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 06:07 PM
link   

And there were areas in the USA in 1918 way more socially distanced.

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Our children's school sent out an email today that they are still "weighing" the options for how this next year will be handled. In the same email, they stated that the survey results questioning parents about the next school year were 98% in favor of in-person schooling and 82% in favor of optional masking.

What is there left to weigh?

If they try to mask my kids again I'm pulling them.

It's over.

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

LOL, so the "experts" sh!t in a bag, lit it, and ran off giggling.
I did nazi that coming.

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Byrd

Also... note that this was Original Flavor Covid and not the new Delta flavor.

So, while interesting, without the additional data (what is happening in the community) it's not clear how to interpret the data.

could you list the peer reviewed data from last year showing the delta variant? I only ask as you seemed to think it should be included in this.

I do think that it should be separated out, frankly.

But without data on Delta, and of course we cannot exclude Epsilon

Actually, we can since it's not at significantly high levels at the moment. If it becomes dominant in larger areas (like metropolitan Ft. Worth) then it's going to tip over and become a variant to keep an eye on.

we cannot make any decisions about opening schools or the world for that matter.

Actually, we can. And we can develop scenarios. This is a novel situation and we don't have all the answers -- as with a military action, you must change your reactions as the scope and tenor of the battlefield changes. If you don't change your tactics, you lose.

So I expect new strategies to develop and evolve as we find out what works and what doesn't work. Like... working from home. We're still learning how to manage that. Distance education is also a problem and I am working on some tweaks for my college classes.

In that light, it's best that you and all those who think like you stay indoors "sheltering in place" until we have news that all viruses have been eradicated, like we did with the flu.

Thank you. Since I live with and provide transportation for several medically fragile people I am taking precautions to keep themselves and myself from getting ill with a preventable disease.

Prevention is so much cheaper than hospital bills (or, frankly, in the case of the woman that I assist, funeral costs. She's in poor health with failing liver and kidney)

Although I love doing outdoor ed classes for school kids for the Audubon society, I suspect I will cancel those. I will continue to teach adults at the college but my classes are small and the college wants people to mask up. I can arrange the chairs to distance them a bit further.

I'll be sure to keep you and those like you posted throw-out the year. Stay safe, stay inside, stay alive.

Never fear. I'm keeping a careful eye on things here in Dallas and am adjusting grocery shopping schedules right now. I've made the decision to stop eating at restaurants until the rates of infections and hospitalizations go down, and am prepared to go back to curbside pickup for groceries if the rates around here double.

So far we've dodged the bullet, though some of my friends haven't. Daughter (who was in the trials for the vaccine) has been confirmed as a subject for the booster trials. I'd love to do that, but can't afford to get sick with people relying on me as caretaker.

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

originally posted by: olaru12

I'm convinced!! Charts and graphs from the internet proof.

Then go to the site, look at the raw data, inspect the links that take you directly to the state-supplied statistics, inspect that data.

I did...

State supplied statistics lol, well you know what they say about statistics...perhaps not...here!

"Lies, damned lies, and statistics" and “Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are pliable.”

If the statistics didn't "confirm your bias" it would be "fake news"

God man...
edit on 2-8-2021 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Doesn't surprise me at all, there's also very clear data to show masks don't help prevent wider community spread. It's always been quite obvious to me that even if Covid-19 is air borne is spreads primarily through contact and surfaces. Wearing a mask only increases the odds of transmitting a virus from your hands to your face. More importantly, it's nothing more than a trendy political signal at this point and I refuse to play into their stupid little mind games.

Undeniable proof masks don't do jack

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

State supplied statistics lol, well you know what they say about statistics...perhaps not...here!

Lmao... funny how official state statistics are suddenly flawed or manipulated when they don't agree with your personal opinion. If the data showed what you wanted then your argument would be "stop being such a paranoid conspiracy theorist and accept reality".
edit on 2/8/2021 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder

Lmao... funny how official state statistics are suddenly flawed or manipulated when they don't agree with your personal opinion. If the data showed what you wanted then your argument would be "stop being such a paranoid conspiracy theorist and accept reality".

My personal opinion has nothing to do with it. Flawed data is flawed data; the statistical model was a joke.

I'm open to data not supplied with agenda driven entities. Show it, then we can talk.

edit on 3-8-2021 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

Look at your source man. Jeez talk about deny ignorance.

Oh, so now I have a source? And now you want to play the part of the genetic logical fallacy?

Okie dokie. Please go away.

-- God man

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Allow myself to quote...myself:

And before anyone makes the point, I fully comprehend the reality that correlation doesn't equal causation, and that it lacks information on how many students in each school or grade had immunity and yada yada yada, I'm just trying to share the raw numbers that seem to indicate that, at the very least, all of these COVID protocols don't seem to be doing much, and on the contrary, they seem to be making things 'not gooder.'

I hope that helps in your understanding of what my actual point in posting this was. Maybe I should have edited the OP to include this, but it was the post directly underneath it, so I thought most people would catch it. Silly me.

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder

My personal opinion has nothing to do with it. Flawed data is flawed data; the statistical model was a joke.

I'm open to data not supplied with agenda driven entities. Show it, then we can talk.

since we are talking about masks and how well they work in schools, why don't you post the data you have and we can all see what you consider good data.

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I should have read the whole thread before using what was sarcasm before I found out that people really were that #ing stupid. my bad.

It's rather amazing, isn't it?

I can almost guarantee that the naysayers (some who didn't even read the whole post or know what a hyperlink is, apparently) didn't even explore the website and look at all of the things that I mention in the OP. The raw data is there at their fingertips, but they'd rather whine and moan about how there's no clarity in how to interpret the data (I would start with a basic understanding of science and sprinkle in some common sense), or act like the source is scary ol' Breitbart or something.

The logical fallacies about in some who respond in these threads--it literally causes me to physically shake my head in disbelief...and then they double-down on it, as if repetition makes it better.

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Allow myself to quote...myself:

And before anyone makes the point, I fully comprehend the reality that correlation doesn't equal causation, and that it lacks information on how many students in each school or grade had immunity and yada yada yada, I'm just trying to share the raw numbers that seem to indicate that, at the very least, all of these COVID protocols don't seem to be doing much, and on the contrary, they seem to be making things 'not gooder.'

I hope that helps in your understanding of what my actual point in posting this was. Maybe I should have edited the OP to include this, but it was the post directly underneath it, so I thought most people would catch it. Silly me.

Oh, I understood.

However, a number of others didn't seem to make the connection.

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 02:36 PM
link   

So, now the only reliable statistics that we can officially use aren't good enough.

How heavy is that goal post? Do you need a break from moving it this often?

Ladies and gentlemen, another successful use of the genetic logical fallacy!*

*(It really wasn't successful)

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 02:42 PM
link   

That's why I posted it...I guess we needed your follow-up to make it legit, though

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Mine are mask mandated. I'll tolerate it for awhile. I told mine to take frequent breaks and just pull it down every so often and go to the bathroom a lot to take it off. I'll be surprised if they don't shut them down again, and frankly, hope they do. At least that way their grubby overreaching demon claws aren't on my kids. I'd pull mine if my oldest wasn't almost finished altogether and may pull my youngest going into high school.

Then there's this:
www.11alive.com...

They can f*ck right the f*ck off with that. AND this.
www.foxnews.com...

Forced vaxxes on my kids are the hill I"m willing to die on. Enraging.

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 12:34 AM
link   

HERO Louisiana Attorney General JEFF LANDRY is providing sample letters that parents can use to keep their children from having to wear masks in school, and to avoid being forced-vaccinated.

Source: laconsumernews.com...

Authorities who believe parents know, and can choose what's best for their children, are a dying breed.

Thankfully, that trend will reverse itself during the upcoming "great-awakening".

edit on 8/23/2021 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Mask + social distancing + vaxx.
All should be put to work together in order to restrict the infection rate

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join