It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Devastating Losses In Classified Wargames

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 07:54 AM
link   
And all this is without the brown nose woke lot that has taken charge of our military as of late. Many have said countries always fight and prepare for the last war. While some of that may be true in today's world that ain't gonna cut it. Many Smart weapons are only smart as long as the GPS system stays up and any first tier adversary certainly knows that already, so, that will be a high priority target IMO. As the article also says the Blue team (that is us) "lost the ability to use networked communications from the outset of the war game."

China has already said they would nuke Japan if they tried to protect Taiwan even though China signed an agreement they would never be the first to use Nukes. I guess that agreement was only good until China got enough nukes and delivery systems to scare off most countries.

So make what you want out of this reported war game loss. I figure one battle group and one enemy nuke and 30,000 dead in the blink of an eye if it comes to a full out war on the sea.

The Expanded Maneuver concept was described by General John Hyten, the 11th Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, in reporting by Defense One’s Tara Copp. The specifics of the wargame that prompted Hyten to rethink warfare are classified, but an unnamed defense official told Copp that one of the scenarios simulated a battle for Taiwan. While Hyten didn’t reveal much about the wargames themselves, he did state that the simulated U.S. forces were swiftly and thoroughly dominated. “Without overstating the issue, it failed miserably. An aggressive red team that had been studying the United States for the last 20 years just ran rings around us. They knew exactly what we're going to do before we did it,” Hyten said this week during a launch event for the National Defense Industrial Association’s Emerging Technologies Institute.

Let us hope it never comes to a full out war for Taiwan even though many believe is inevitable.

Prior tabletop wargames that also portrayed China as the central adversary had similar outcomes and prompted similar discussions within the Pentagon. Earlier this year, Air Force Lieutenant General Clint Hinote, the service's Deputy Chief of Staff for Strategy, Integration, and Requirements, stated that “we should never play this war game scenario [of a Chinese attack on Taiwan] again, because we know what is going to happen. [...] The definitive answer if the U.S. military doesn’t change course is that we’re going to lose fast.” Hinote even added that the F-35 would essentially be useless in such a conflict, and that “Every fighter that rolls off the line today is a fighter that we wouldn’t even bother putting into these scenarios.”

So our most advanced gold plated expensive fighter aircraft might as well stay grounded due to being ineffective in this battle scenario..? Hey I did not say it blame Air Force Lieutenant General Clint Hinote... There will be someone come by "Who Rah" and claim the USA can beat anyone with one arm tired behind our back... Maybe with nukes but with the current lot of planners and leaders I would have to question that unless you wanna go full mad stupid nuclear war.. Goodbye several tens of millions and then a few billion later..

And just think without Western capital and business thievery China (the CCP) would still be no big concern ! youtu.be...

I like him as he reminds me of some of the good commanders I once knew. But a soldier is only as good as the tools of his trade IMO

www.thedrive.com...
edit on 727thk21 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

You wonder how much of this leaked info is just misinformation to make various portions of our military infrastructure look weak.

I'd be very surprised if Starlink didn't have the ability to assist if GPS went down. I doubt China can knock out thousands of satellites, and I'm pretty sure the US would be targeting whatever GPS equivalent that China uses.

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Or they just want more money.

They need more justification to spend on scenarios that are just never going to happen.

Then they just attack defenceless countries to justify their existence.

So obvious.

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 08:27 AM
link   

This doesn't make sense they removed communications from the blue team and expected them to win? No resupply no coordination this has caused people to lose battles for centuries it's not new. Every military on the planet can be destroyed by denying communications. The problem is in real life that isn't easy to do and there are workarounds that can be used.

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 08:33 AM
link   
China has a lot of problems. A bunch of internal spinning plates. Far worse than the US. There is also the curious matter of their head spymaster Dong. Not sure if he defected but he missed the 100 anniversary party. He's normally clearly visible during big events. Where is he? China said he did not defect but can't produce him.

Going back e to the 80's, China had a CCP defector to the US. They kept denying it (still do to this day) but he was living in the US and the US eventually confirmed it.

If this guy did defect, one of their highest in command there is probably a lot more going on within their ranks.

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 08:39 AM
link   

You can probably compare the Chinese government's attitude
towards that agreement along with Germany's in 1938.Tossed
into the trash can before the ink was dry.

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

This doesn't make sense they removed communications from the blue team and expected them to win?

That's not how simulations work and the reason is not to "win" .
Lack of communication for a battle group is not a valid scenario ?
You sound like you think it is not .

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 08:43 AM
link   

It *almost sounds like they're just taunting China.

"C'mon. Try it. I bet you can win. Go for it. I dare ya."

*ALMOST*

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles

*ALMOST*

If you are talking about Taiwan the most anyone would do is put on sanctions.

No country is in the position to attack china, just as it is not in the position to attack any of the major countries.

Everyone would lose to much.

That is why we only attack weak developing countries and we aren't any good at that either.

This really is about more money for the military.

In just a couple of years the us will attack another weak country. Justification, justification, justification.

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I hate to say it but I think it will happen sooner or later.

Two bullies can throw insults from a distance for years and never throw a punch. But sooner or later, whether by intent or circumstance, they find themselves toe to toe. Once you are there, whether you wanted to be there or not, you cant flinch or you will never be taken seriously again.

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Nukes are bad but pale in comparison to the weapons that are being used in the war that’s going on right now…
What war?
It’s been going on for years already…
It’s just being fought differently secretly yet right out in the open…

Picture all of China and surrounding areas entire land mass turning over upon itself and wiped clean with no radiation…
And that’s not even the worst that the real weapons of today could do…

Believe it or not…

edit on 28-7-2021 by 5StarOracle because: Add

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 10:46 AM
link   
So yes it would be catastrophic, but they've know for a long time and begun development of satellite balloon constellations and new toys to deal with the threat, but they're woefully behind

Other platforms

There are many others

So here a quick round up of what the problem is, and its because the dumb woke mob in Washington were either paid to look the other way or worst incompetent

In short... PLA now completely dominate the region, from the first to second island chain just about every asset is outmatched/outnumbered or vulnerable

The USN solution is to build smaller drone vessels and large stand off arsenal ships, the problem with these large arsenal ships is they're essentially useless outside this particular theater, but given the massive strategic interests of the SCS, its you either fight for Taiwan and containing CCP or die a slow death within the next 50 years, the USA is walking toward EXQUISITE INSIGNIFICANCE on the world scene

What it looks like is this, The USN will built not more larger ships, but more smaller medium and drone ships to pool into the SCS and put new weapons on board such as hyper sonic anti ship missiles

The test bed is

which could end up looking like

which could end up having a towed arsenal barge like this

including drone swams from LOCUST

But also lots of much smaller drone ships for multi purpose roles here area a few

which will likely be loaded up with similar systems such as Box o'rockets

while 1/2 island chains see unmanned anti ship systems dropped on them like this, so along these lines in image one, its obvious this will be a high risk area hence having them unmanned

So while a massive overhaul is needed, and on the way, i don't think its enough, not enough time on the clock before a potential PLA move on Taiwan, because PLAN could easily do the same at a much more rapid pace, i mean blame the idiots in DC and on Wall Street who turned a communist totalitarian new nazi regime into a manufacturing powerhouse, i think the USN could well be on the back-foot from the start of any potential conflict as of now

Always that possibility the US are concealing some interesting technology advancements, but again, it needs to be already in significant enough numbers to turn the tide

i mean it would be nice to have some operational larger arsenal ships and UAV carriers or larger stealth tankers and new airfields outside the second island chains but those are potentially decade away, too late

But some new upgrades currently which would be much needed are the possibility of using B-1R lancers as potential missile ships/trucks, with either working with the F-22 F-35 18s 15s etc to break large PLAAF formations, or as saturation attacks on PLA assets with stand off hyper-sonic volleys

Also the fighters would need a huge tanker upgrade, large stealth tankers and smaller drone tankers which are in testing

here are some of those concepts used which did turn the tide in simulations

So how significant is the region?

Rest of the videos here
[url=https://www.hudson.org/events/1513-the-strategic-significance-of-the-south-china-sea-american-asian-and-international-perspectives22018]LINK[/url ]
edit on 28-7-2021 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe

originally posted by: BrokenCircles

*ALMOST*

If you are talking about Taiwan the most anyone would do is put on sanctions.

No country is in the position to attack china, just as it is not in the position to attack any of the major countries.

Everyone would lose to much.

That is why we only attack weak developing countries and we aren't any good at that either.

This really is about more money for the military.

In just a couple of years the us will attack another weak country. Justification, justification, justification.

You don't need to invade china really

you just have to control and contain china, you control and blockade imports/exports and you effectively straggle them, once that is achieved, you could potentially invade/land depending on the political fallout internally once significantly weakened

But as explained above the US doesn't yet have those assets to contain due to well i guess sleeping on the main threat

And neither is it some trick to secure more funding, literally lose this battle and its good night USA and the free world with it, the whole global dynamics change after that, im not sure why anybody living within the western world would want such a thing to occur, perhaps theyre not educated on the matter, perhaps they just hate it

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: peter_kandra

What? You seriously think all the Chinese do online is gold farm? That's the side project.

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 01:20 PM
link   
If even single nuke is used in war the world is done for.

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

I do wonder if to little to late but... Also thank you for the information as I learned something .

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I'm not sure what to make of this ... anyway
I am sure if China tried to Invade Taiwan, China would lose half a million serviceman.
There are only two possible landing site on Taiwan, and the force needed to try and pull it off would be massive.
The whole world would see it coming.
Also its only viable to try a seaborne landing through Spring and Summer due to the Weather in the Taiwan straights.

China would be very lucky to take Taiwan without Taiwan getting any help from anyone.
edit on Wed, 28 Jul 2021 17:38:37 -0500385America/ChicagoWednesday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4

I'm not sure what to make of this ... anyway
I am sure if China tried to Invade Taiwan, China would lose half a million serviceman.
There are only two possible landing site on Taiwan, and the force needed to try and pull it off would be massive.
The whole world would see it coming.
Also its only viable to try a seaborne landing through Spring and Summer due to the Weather in the Taiwan straights.

China would be very lucky to take Taiwan without Taiwan getting any help from anyone.

What is funny is th ewar games fail to account for not invading taiwan to get it back,but instead strangling it along with china. take out chinas huge dam,and their refinery. sit back and strangle imports/exports. Russia would see this as a great way to take chinese resources.

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 06:55 PM
link   

“Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.”

― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Even if they won the battle, they would not win the war.

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
a reply to: dragonridr

This doesn't make sense they removed communications from the blue team and expected them to win?

That's not how simulations work and the reason is not to "win" .
Lack of communication for a battle group is not a valid scenario ?
You sound like you think it is not .

No, it's not I went through several war games they would even attempt to jam communications but we would work around it. But telling them they cant communicate is just way overstepping on the scales. No army in history has ever won if they lost communications period. So telling them they can guarantees a loss So now ask yourself why and who wanted them to lose? This is the more interesting question to me

top topics

<<   2 >>

join