It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slave-catcher...really?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 05:53 PM
link   
FoxNews

...hmm.

Slave-catcher. ...and some of these people actually wonder why folks like myself have no use for them.

They really shouldn't.

You’re named after a slave catcher. You have a slave catcher's last name, and you’re slave catcher," one Black woman, yelled at the officer while another woman accused him of "working for the KKK."

I can't help but wonder what her name is...

I somehow doubt he's (the cop) is working for the KKK.

This is what discourse in America, and many, many other places has come to, I guess. When in doubt hurl insults. Gratuitous insults of a racial nature, of course. Why not just call him an Uncle Tom, too...?

I grow increasingly tired of this nonsense.

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 05:55 PM
link   
If she wants to treat him like a slave catcher, perhaps he should treat her like a slave?

What goes around comes around.

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Mental illness on a massive scale.

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

So when she runs into someone who has "Jones" as a last name will she have a go at that person just because alex jones shares the name.

Leftards always need to create problems that aren't there otherwise they have nothing to complain about.

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 08:40 PM
link   

So what exactly is a "slave catcher's" name?

Is it my name?

Yours?

Joe Mama's?

I want to know what name(s) are secretly offensive to these lunatics.

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 08:54 PM
link   

One of my neighbors is a MI Statie.

He's also black.

You should hear the low-brow name-calling # black LEOs have to put up with, from other blacks. That is some of the most racist crap out there, hands down

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Can you be a slave if you never do any labour?

Seriously though how many modern day protesters actually have jobs or pay taxes I wonder?

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
Mental illness on a massive scale.

National scale.

Uncharted territory in United States.

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Nunyabizisit

I don't know how uncharted it is...

Read some of the editorials in newspapers, such as Philadelphia, from back in the country's earliest days.

They sound remarkably similar, certainly in tone, to much of what we're hearing today.

I guess somethings never change.

The hate, and that's what it is, these people hold against what are, in truth, total strangers simply for what job they hold, is incredible.

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Nunyabizisit

I don't know how uncharted it is...

Read some of the editorials in newspapers, such as Philadelphia, from back in the country's earliest days.

They sound remarkably similar, certainly in tone, to much of what we're hearing today.

I guess somethings never change.

The hate, and that's what it is, these people hold against what are, in truth, total strangers simply for what job they hold, is incredible.

You may be right.

But I see something even larger here.

Either way, we are facing a very large challenge with no easy solution.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I see a lack of defense of these folks...

Some have been all in favor of it for the past few decades, surely there's some here that are willing to defend these attacks??

Or have we, maybe, reached a saturation point, and these reprehensible actions/words are finally beginning to be seen as indefensible...

Wouldn't that be nice?

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Donald Trump sure has broken some peoples brains and common sense.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 06:54 AM
link   
People these days do whatever mental gymnastics are required to justify their being upset. Life isn’t nearly as bad as these morons try to make it out to be.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nunyabizisit

So what exactly is a "slave catcher's" name?

Is it my name?

Yours?

Joe Mama's?

I want to know what name(s) are secretly offensive to these lunatics.

If Joseph Robinette Biden isn't a slave catcher name I don't know what is
edit on 27-7-2021 by jjkenobi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 07:44 AM
link   

When you see everything through the prism of skin color then you are a racist.

That woman is a racist.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

This is nothing new. Condoleezza Rice and Colin Powell were derided in the same way. Look at Joe Biden's remarks about people not being truly Black unless they voted for him. As I've posted before a Black friend of mine who is an Electrical Engineer is afraid to take his children to see his parents. They still live in the neighborhood where he grew up. When he went to school and made a success out of himself, he was accused of "selling out to whitey".

In every large City, there is a "Black leadership". The "leadership" has a vested interest in keeping the status quo. Their power and wealth are derived from playing Blacks and Whites off each other.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Racism has become a business model for many.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo

They are working for Uncle Joe. not Stalin. He was more intelligent.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Just as I sometimes found it confusing (historically, and nothing against any group of people today) why Cassius Clay was deemed a worse name than Muhammad Ali, at least if slavery is the basis.
Now I know many people choose to change their names when converting to another faith (even pagans and Hare Krishnas).
But very often I hear that Muhammed Ali changed it also to get away from a "slave" name.
Yet, Cassius Clay was actually an American abolitionist.
en.wikipedia.org...(politician)

Meanwhile, Mohammed and his cousin Ali were by all historical accounts actually Arab slave-traders and keepers.
OK, so were many in the ancient world, but you know, if I had to change my name to protest slavery in particular, I wouldn't exactly call myself "Cleopatra".

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

I remember that.

Wasn't it Powell who was "working in the house of the Master", according to Harry Belafonte?

Rice was attacked, as well, because how dare she leave the Plantation and forge her own very successful life.

Seriously, both were about as successful as it's possible to be in their chosen professions...yet, somehow, they were oh, so wrong.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join