It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thorne Creek Fire

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: MykeNukem

Yeah, we're dealing with the air quality issues here too.

I spent the night at the outdoor theatre with family last night, and ended up with an asthma attack from the air quality. It's the fires, of course, even though there are none anywhere near.

I was sitting at camp listening to a CBC radio report about how the fires are affecting people with asthma and such. Not even sure how you deal with that, other than stay indoors (like no one been doing that lately).

Must suck.

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

Yeah, we're dealing with the air quality issues here too.

I spent the night at the outdoor theatre with family last night, and ended up with an asthma attack from the air quality. It's the fires, of course, even though there are none anywhere near.

I was sitting at camp listening to a CBC radio report about how the fires are affecting people with asthma and such. Not even sure how you deal with that, other than stay indoors (like no one been doing that lately).

Must suck.

I haven’t smoked in 11 years, but I hack up black flecks the last month again due to all the fires. Mullein leaf tea is still a viable forage in the mountains of the NW, it’s a great ameliorative for breathing issues.

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Yep.

You stay indoors.

It could be worse though. We were outside at a Broadway production, and it didn't really get me until we were leaving, so I had almost three hours before it sunk in. I don't know if that's because most of the time, the smoke is up in the atmosphere and doesn't get down to ground level, and it finally worked its way down or it just took that long to really irritate my lungs.

I do know we were outside practicing sparring on Wednesday, and I went the whole hour without any real issues.

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

There’s a decently sized one headed towards my place too. Pretty big one in cascade picking up as well. If you need help reach out to me since we live in the same state. I’ll do what I can to lend a hand. We went to try and save a buddies cabin in Lincoln two nights ago .

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Stay safe Little Sister!

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 05:44 PM
link   
If I was your mule I wouldn’t work at all unless I had whiskey, tequila is half assing it, give the mule the good stuff… that is all

And besides joking around I truly hope you and your family is safe. I just had a moment of silence and a swig on your behalf. Please be careful and sorry about your situation.

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Stay safe, and have a plan B & C. Put important, not going with you stuff in fridge and freezer.

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Id be lying if I didnt say I cannot even tell if you are seriously using a cart and mule to transport tequila to an abandoned mine as a holdout for a wildfires evacuation. Im trying to think of a quippy What Would José Do (WWJD) joke, but I got nothing considering that wildfires are serious and I wish you the best on your retreat. With that said, stay safe and hope to see you return soon!

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 07:08 PM
link   
You know what you are doing. I have faith in you.

Im on fire watch for my youngest son. I pull up Calfire site multiple times a day to check for him. He can smell smoke up at the property right now, but Calfire is showing that its over 25 miles away. He has at least 2 escape routes. He is off grid and doesnt get internet there. We can usually get texts through though, so thats what I do. My grandsons are up there with him right now. He has two giant water tanks, and a powerful pump. If it starts getting close, he will douse the property and cabin, and jet out of there. He has 3 vehicles for safety. It was a white knuckle ride last year, when a fire started a couple properties away.

Make sure you get to hoofin it, sooner then later, if and when it comes your way, in case the wind whips up.

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem
I recommend PulsePoint, it’s an app I told Lum about on the 1st page.

We use it here in S. Oregon, just now saw a vegetation fire start on the same hwy exit as the origin of our town killing fire last year.

You can follow different emergency types for different counties, or districts. It’s super handy.

We also use On X Hunt for offline gps mapping etc, it’s really handy for finding alternative logging roads or trails for escaping..especially handy in mountain communities where there are often just 2 exits in terms of main roads.

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Oh goodness! Yes you're up in NorCal. You are another I wish much safety too.

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Stay safe Lumi

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

Oh goodness! Yes you're up in NorCal. You are another I wish much safety too.

Thanks.

We had a slight scare just now. There was a fire going down the main road not listed by Calfire. He just texted to get information. I found it on Yuba Backbone. It looks like they have it under control. That one was pretty close. Hopefully my reply texts got through. The phone isnt ringing through

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 04:57 AM
link   
You both (all up there) stay safe, read this when you're back home safe and sound.

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
Well, I have this little booger headed towards my property....
Needless to say where we are going has no internet connection, or roads, or other people....

So see y'all when I get back and wish me luck.

Holy crap! Best of luck and my prayers to you, I sincerely hope you and your homes (of your friends) all survive intact

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Blimey! Something like that never happens in the UK. My heart goes out to all of you that has to suffer these fires.
Lumin, best of luck getting safe, go early. You know the saying "better to be early than late".
Whoever is affected by these fires Rembert his, You can always rebuild property, you can't change death. I know it must be very hard to see your hard earned property go up in flames, but.

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Just make sure you don't end up somewhere you can get boxed in if conditions changed. None of us wants to be reading about a tragedy instead of a cool liquor party before the cleanup begins.

It's an abandoned mine nobody knows about.

We will be 1/4 mile under a mountain with a good water supply and air.

It'll be fine.

Do you mean bottled air or oxygen?

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander

Id be lying if I didnt say I cannot even tell if you are seriously using a cart and mule to transport tequila to an abandoned mine as a holdout for a wildfires evacuation. Im trying to think of a quippy What Would José Do (WWJD) joke, but I got nothing considering that wildfires are serious and I wish you the best on your retreat. With that said, stay safe and hope to see you return soon!

I'm back and I lived and I had a grand time, but reading the replies to this thread I have to admit yours was the funniest.

I never mentioned a cart, since we went up an elk trail and that would be.... pretty impossible.

The mule had saddlebags... I at the last minute threw in the a bottle of tequila that was gifted to me a long time ago by a friend and if I told you what it cost you would piss yourself.

But if it was going to burn anyways, I might as well toast what was left of my property with it.

It is still intact.

We got rained out yesterday so decided to come back in and see what was going on... besides one friend losing about 80 acres of timber, we are all just fine.

But thank you for the giggle and everything is OK.

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Thank you all for your well wishes on this thread... it almost feels like we are a family!

~Huggz~

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
You know what you are doing. I have faith in you.

I'm settling a few affairs here and going back alone.

There is an answer I want that I almost got in that mine...

But the boys seemed to always interrupt me whenever I was close to finding it.

Like whining about "you've been down there for two days all by yourself! Are you OK?"

Pussies, the lot of them.

I'ma go find out about that little bit of info that is eluding me.

You be safe... odd times are coming.

Keep the faith.

edit on 2-8-2021 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join