It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Ever Sense When Someone Has Died?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 04:07 PM
link   
First, hope you all had a great week. I did. I've stayed away from the world's crap and emersed myself in the Final Fantasy VII remake all week -- loved the '97 version that I didn't actually play until 2000, when I was in my late twenties. All week it's been bittersweet memories because of the nostalgia of FF7.

For a month I felt a loss, I could feel another hole being created in my heart and I tried my best to figure out who it was. I was thinking it was my brother that I haven't talked to since July 2016. But the internet said it wasn't him or any of those left in what's barely a family tree but more like a Charlie Brown Christmas tree.

And just like with my mom two years ago, and three friends from SD last year, I once again heard that internal voice say "Caleb". Caleb was a younger cat, I met him a few months after I moved back to NC in 2011 then around 2013 started really hanging out with him. I was double his age but we were both gamers and liked to relax by burning the bush. His grandmother and mother were great people and his great uncle reminded me of a West Virginia hillbilly.

When dad died in 2015 I was lost, didn't know what to do, calling it a mental breakdown would be an understatement. However Caleb was one of the few people that helped me get through a difficult situation. Unfortunately because of circumstances I lost contact with him; I'm actually someone who doesn't use social media platforms instead of just saying I don't. Damned if I do, damned if I don't, no one uses a phone for what it's intended to be used for, like communication...

So yesterday when I heard the voice I searched Caleb's name and found this...

Caleb

Man, it's just been so much death, and his was due to an accident and there's been charges filed but I haven't found the details yet because the paper wants a subscription to read the article and I still haven't found any local news reports yet.

Caleb was too young and had a good heart, he didn't deserve an early death, especially in this manner.

This voice...how many more times will I hear it, how many more around me are going to leave before me...it should be me, I'm overweight, stressed, chainsmoke, and I have a lot of anger and regret that festers inside me daily. Why am I still here, and will anyone hear a voice when I do go? What is this voice, who is it? It told me two years ago how to search for Mom on Gaggle, after searching two weeks and finding nothing when I went almost a month with no response from her when I sent texts and called, finding out three weeks after the fact she had passed away, no one in the family letting me know. It told me to look up certain names from SD and sure enough they'd passed on, same with the last man I worked for here, after not hearing from him for months.

And how sad and pathetic is it that this is how I find out, by using a search engine, and finding out weeks, months, and years after the fact. I've heard many older folk say they hear "the death bell" when someone they know passes on. I was skeptical but for the last few years I have felt someone I knew had died and after yesterday I don't believe it's my imagination. It can't be.

Have any of you heard this voice or felt like someone close to you has taken their last breathe, and it turned out to be true?

Have a great weekend, ATS.

Edit: fixed title
edit on 05/30/2021 by EdisonintheFM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: EdisonintheFM

There is an inexplicable void.

Short answer is yes.

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Yes.

This was across the Atlantic Ocean because unfortuantely I couldnt be there for my dad in the final moments only right before.
I felt a 'something' 'knowing' and he took me out of my body multiple times before he left this plane in his egoic form. Because he knew we both liked that kind of thing.

I believe I woke up right before I got a text if I recall correctly.

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Yes, I have sensed it.

My family lived in Arizona until 1974, at which time we moved back to Southern Illinois where we had originally come from. While out in Arizona, we had some neighbors who became close family friends. Their names were Joe and Lilly Urrea, plus all their kids. Mom and Lilly always wrote to each other all the time. One time about 20 years ago or so, I was at my parent's house and them and I were all sitting on their front porch. The mail was delivered to their mailbox, so I walked out to the road to get it. As soon as I picked up the letter from Lilly, I knew that Joe was dead. I don't know how I knew, but it just kind of radiated out of the letter. Mom opened the letter, read it and found out Joe Urrea had recently died.

There are many unexplained mysteries to life.

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Yes, both for my grandfather and step father, I didn't sense when my father died though which I thought was weird but I was in the middle of moving boxes into my new house. I got a phone call while they were trying to resuscitate him so maybe that's why.

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Yes, is a sense of lost even before finding out that somebody you know has passed away, it happen to me several times.

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: SoEpic

I was fifty feet away from Dad, rolling cigarettes and looking at tv when he died in his recliner and didn't even #ing know.

That's what made his death so unbearable. And Caleb was a huge comfort to me for more months afterwards.

I don't understand how I could not sense Dad dying but I can sense death after the fact for people over a thousand miles away.

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
Yes, is a sense of lost even before finding out that somebody you know has passed away, it happen to me several times.

Yes, it is a sense of loss, makes the heart heavy.

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Happened last month. My mentor and close friend. I told another friend " I know he took that damn shot" . My friend gasped, and said" I didnt even think about that. I spoke to him a couple weeks ago and he told me he just got the jab".
I remember I had been depressed the day he died. That was a couple days before I was told about his death. He had died that day, and I had sensed it.
Im sorry about your loss

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

And I wake up and can't go back to sleep, knowing something is wrong yet it's not revealed.

It's maddening.

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Happened last month. My mentor and close friend. I told another friend " I know he took that damn shot" . My friend gasped, and said" I didnt even think about that. I spoke to him a couple weeks ago and he told me he just got the jab".
I remember I had been depressed the day he died. That was a couple days before I was told about his death. He had died that day, and I had sensed it.
Im sorry about your loss

And I'm sorry about yours. I'm really hating life now, it'll be nothing but death here on out, I guess. I guess I start placing bets on who's next. It's bull#. Life is way too short.

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Yes. Multiple times.

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Yes, my father died over night. In my dreams I saw a man lying on a gurney covered with a toe tag. Only to be woken up by my mother telling me my father died.

A dream I have never forgotten.

edit on 23-7-2021 by BlackArrow because: Typos

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 12:47 AM
link   

I was talking with a friend when it happened: Daegu subway fire February 18, 2003, when an arsonist set fire to a train, killing 192 people and injuring 151 others.

I was screaming. She ran out real quick to get some pizza. It was pretty bad. I didn't even find out what it was until 2 days later.

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 01:30 AM
link   
No I can't say I do.

But I remember visiting my father in hospital in 2002. He was 81 and poorly, so we were expecting the inevitable. It was late at night and I was in two minds about leaving it till the following day. When I arrived, my mum and brother were there and they both said he'd just passed a minute or two ago. He'd been asking where I was, almost like he was hanging on till I got there.

Also I've met several people who seemed to know they were going to die shortly before they in fact did. Imagine that, knowing you will die soon! Mercifully, this seems to be a rare phenomenon.

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackArrow
Yes, my father died over night. In my dreams I saw a man lying on a gurney covered with a toe tag. Only to be woken up by my mother telling me my father died.

A dream I have never forgotten.

I'm sorry to hear that. Dreams ate sometimes more than dreams, that's evident to most people.

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

Maybe not, maybe people keep it to themselves, the way people keep the unexplainable things they've seen secret because they're too worried about how they look through someone else's eyes.

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 02:12 AM
link   
While some may mock or criticize, I believe you. And I usually doubt everything on first glance.

new topics

top topics

join