It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The benefits of a COVID vaccine far outweigh the small risk of treatable heart inflammation

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
I think in the UK the safe figure is between 60 and 70 percent.

If I was at risk as take a jab that would make me 60 to 70 percent less likely to end up hospitalised or dead.

a reply to: putnam6

For perspective here in Georgia, we have less than 40% fully vaccinated and we have only 766 total COVID patients hospitalized in a population of 10 million-plus.

Not saying we shouldn't be diligent or keep an eye on our hospitals' bed use, but right now it's not an issue.

The risk is minimal to be hospitalized even much less to go to the ICU and it's barely a blip on the deaths.

This brings us to a broader point, what works for the UK might not work in the US or anywhere else for that matter. Not to mention nothing about the UK's approach to COVID screams success anyway. The UK has 4861 persons in the hospital for COVID right now the US has 22,080 that's about the same percentage based on population. The UK HAS 69% fully vaccinated the US is a full 20% less and yet, for now, the cases are up yet the hospitalizations and deaths are not maintaining that same trajectory.

Even more perspective those UK 4861 covid patients only 647 of those are on ventilation. In a population of 69 million?

The only reason we shut down was the run on hospitals, now even with partial vaccinations and more cases of persons with antibodies, the chance of a mass hospital bed shortage is significantly less than the first go around. The bed shortage wasn't even on regular beds it was ICU beds while Georgia doesn't say how many ICU beds are being used per county but the vast majority of counties have less than 5% of their total beds being used by COVID patients. In our most populous county Fulton COVID bed use is less than 3%

edit on 22-7-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Not necessarily. It depends on the age group. For young people covid has less risk than vax heart damage.

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Speaking of Georgia, when kids go back to school in Atlanta school system in a few weeks, they'll be required to wear masks full time indoors. Even the vaxxed ones.

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 11:42 AM
link   

As with any vaccine or medicine, the COVID vaccines do carry small risks. The rare blood clotting disorder caused by the AstraZeneca vaccine — thrombosis with thrombocytopenia syndrome, or TTS — has largely dominated the headlines.

Yep. Whenever I check the headlines on CNN, Fox, or MSNBC all I see are stories about the adverse effects of the vaccines. You'd think they might bring on some people who support these Covid vaccines. But, no, the small risks associated with the vaccines are dominating the headlines.

We have a misinformation problem.

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Do you think it's nefarious or just typical media hype because it gets views and views equal money?

a reply to: VictorVonDoom

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
Do you think it's nefarious or just typical media hype because it gets views and views equal money?

I think the news media doesn't want people to take the vaccines, in spite of all the advertising dollars they collect from pharmaceutical companies.

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

originally posted by: jerich0

originally posted by: FinallyAwake
Benefits of jab = moot. Until we have data on the long term side effects.

its a good thing we appear to have so many willing guinea pigs!

Ummm…yes…and they should guinea pig on…for the good of the herd…

Such brave souls…rushing out to take an experimental genetic editing jab for a cold virus that has less than a one percent mortality rate…

Their names should be recorded in…something other than the obituaries…doncha think…?

YouSir

No need; they're yelling it from their own rooftops!

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: SideEyeEverything

Speaking of Georgia, when kids go back to school in Atlanta school system in a few weeks, they'll be required to wear masks full time indoors. Even the vaxxed ones.

Which is fine it's up to the school district...if Atlanta wants to do that, it's clear that most of the parents agree with that assessment. Regardless of the younger grades, the protection is even more dubious than most. Fidgety kids are gonna fidget with their masks all day, special needs kids, even more, it's nothing really but feel good restriction

apnews.com...

It’s unclear how many Georgia districts ever required employees and students to wear masks. While a number of metro Atlanta school districts enforced the requirement, many districts in outer suburbs and rural areas only strongly recommended masks. A number of districts, including Cobb County and Fulton County, have loosened mask requirements in recent weeks.

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 12:21 PM
link   
You will have to excuse my ignorance as I'm from England but I thought from what everyone on here is saying that the mainstream media are lying to everyone on behalf of the government and big pharma?

I'm confused now

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

My original post was sarcasm. I don't know what news medium the author of the article was referring to, but I certainly haven't seen adverse vaccine side effects "dominating" any headlines. Maybe an odd blurb here or there. The headlines I see are mostly along the lines of "Everyone should get a vaccine", "Vaccines should be required", and "Gun crimes".

Sorry for the confusion.

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I thought that was the case but given the bizarre nature of the situation in the US right now I just couldn't be sure.

It seems like anything is possible with you guys these past few years.

:

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: Hecate666

The vaccine is so dangerous because of the spike proteins. But covid is harmless, even though it has the spike proteins.

Wait ... what?

I don't think you understand the biological workings nor rhe way the mRna injection works at all.
Not going to explain, you can read right?

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Hey, I'm having trouble telling the difference between the regular news and The Onion anymore.

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 05:57 PM
link   
The onion makes more sense these days I'm sad to say.

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: HawkEyi

The benefits of Life outweighs the risk of Death .

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I have been seeing a lot of misleading information with regards to the vaccine- this is the best youtube video i have watch witch has made things more clear. Feel free to check it out!

www.youtube.com...

a reply to: HawkEyi

edit on 23-7-2021 by jonokruger7 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join