It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conflicted from Karen encounter

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 07:05 PM
link   
So I was at the county fair watching a friend's band play with a mutual friend. She and I wanted a smoke but didnt have any tailor-made and didn't want to smoke in front of children, so we decided to roll a smoke and share in the parking lot in my car.

Some woman came up and accused us of smoking weed. Neither of us smoke weed. We explained, and we showed her the pouch of tobacco. She didnt believe us. I asked if it smelled like weed, to which she replied no, but "I can tell when people are smoking weed."

Then she brought her kids to the car, the whole reason we were to the wayside to begin with. We kept reiterating that nothing illegal was happening, and smoking is permitted on the grounds; we were away to not smoke in front of kids.

Then the woman's brother and father showed up. They are surrounding my car. I looked over to my friend and said "do I really have to do something about this?" She was concerned, lol. I said, "no, these people are cowards. Watch."

I exited the vehicle and approached the mob around my car. Made my way to the passenger door to protect my friend. They started backing a bit, but still there. So I casually kept walking toward them and they all ran. I wasn't even armed, just sick of their harassment.

But I feel bad for the father and the kids. The kids shouldn't have been there, and the father looked like he was on the verge of a heart attack. The terror from me standing was ridiculous.

All I wanted was a cigarette in peace.

What the hell happened? Karen.

ETA: Moral of the story: ominously walking toward people apparently scares away the same people with the hubris to surround your car and shame you for doing something legal.
edit on 21-7-2021 by sine.nomine because: Thumbs

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

If it's her family they'll be used to her.

Relax and have a bit of sympathy for them.

You only had to deal with her once. For those poor guys it's every day.

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 07:14 PM
link   

You ran into some one a bit like this guy who thinks the social media world and the real world are the same space.

It hasn't occurred to them yet that expressing an uninvited opinion can have some really negative outcomes in the real world.

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Well I guess The Karen’s are turning into Skaren’s now. You should have redirected them by pointing to the restrooms and said “my goodness, you should see the vile things going on in there- it will permanently curl your hair”.

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell

You ran into some one a bit like this guy who thinks the social media world and the real world are the same space.

It hasn't occurred to them yet that expressing an uninvited opinion can have some really negative outcomes in the real world.

Kinda funny aside here. My parents just took my spouse and I to dinner. They drove. On the way back, the vaccination was brought up. I informed my father that neither of us got the jab and we wont until further studies are done.

He. Flipped. Out. He went on this tirade of me being a conspiracy theorist (never brought up until he ranted), and said we were gonna kill everyone if we don't get the jab. "But, dad, if you got the jab you're safe, right?"

"No! You're stupid! You're all stupid!" He may have shouted the word stupid maybe 40-50 times. "We've had covid, we're fine. It was mild." "You're stupid!" Ugh, calm down, old man.

He was the guy who taught me to read facts before forming opinions on things like climate change, etc. He now believes the atmosphere will boil in my lifetime. Sad to see someone I respect so much slip so heavily and suddenly.

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 07:36 PM
link   

It by great fortune that Ohio ended indoor smoking and began Concealed Carry at the same time. A Karen (before they were called that we used a different word) decided to remind me that they passed a law about smoking while we were outdoors on the sidewalk, which I advised her of her current location. Her Karen (really would like the other word) reply was cut short with my reminding her that CC also passed and asked her which law she might be more concerned about...because she was acting like a Karen (and yes, I did use the word).

Years later. February 8, 2020 to be exact, I quit smoking. The world had the nic fit with Covid...and it is still full of Karens...I am not one of those ex-smokers either. Do I think about firing one up still, you bet. Now if only we could chill those Karens out.

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 07:37 PM
link   

They were running from you because you weren't wearing a mask, and they knew that any blatantly rebellious stoner hoodlum such as you could not possibly be vaccinated.

You should hear the way she's currently telling the story. In her mind, the entire family barely survived the harrowing ordeal, only narrowly escaping death by merely inches away from your infectious breath.

...probably.

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Yep, kinda had exactly the same thing happen to me too. I do say to people though that I'm no longer a conspiracy theorist as all of mine have come true.

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine
So I was at the county fair watching a friend's band play with a mutual friend. She and I wanted a smoke but didnt have any tailor-made and didn't want to smoke in front of children, so we decided to roll a smoke and share in the parking lot in my car.

Some woman came up and accused us of smoking weed. Neither of us smoke weed. We explained, and we showed her the pouch of tobacco. She didnt believe us. I asked if it smelled like weed, to which she replied no, but "I can tell when people are smoking weed."

Then she brought her kids to the car, the whole reason we were to the wayside to begin with. We kept reiterating that nothing illegal was happening, and smoking is permitted on the grounds; we were away to not smoke in front of kids.

Then the woman's brother and father showed up. They are surrounding my car. I looked over to my friend and said "do I really have to do something about this?" She was concerned, lol. I said, "no, these people are cowards. Watch."

I exited the vehicle and approached the mob around my car. Made my way to the passenger door to protect my friend. They started backing a bit, but still there. So I casually kept walking toward them and they all ran. I wasn't even armed, just sick of their harassment.

But I feel bad for the father and the kids. The kids shouldn't have been there, and the father looked like he was on the verge of a heart attack. The terror from me standing was ridiculous.

All I wanted was a cigarette in peace.

What the hell happened? Karen.

ETA: Moral of the story: ominously walking toward people apparently scares away the same people with the hubris to surround your car and shame you for doing something legal.

It's fairly simple, it's the newest form of snobbery..why people make uninformed performances they agendise, really begs the question though, why!
edit on 21-7-2021 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles

They were running from you because you weren't wearing a mask, and they knew that any blatantly rebellious stoner hoodlum such as you could not possibly be vaccinated.

You should hear the way she's currently telling the story. In her mind, the entire family barely survived the harrowing ordeal, only narrowly escaping death by merely inches away from your infectious breath.

...probably.

Best part about the story is spreading alternative lore! Lol
edit on 21-7-2021 by sine.nomine because: Thumbs again

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Maybe she was lookin' to score, and was just hiding her disappointment ?

Folks don't usually hide to smoke tobacco, unless they are in Jr. High-School.

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Some woman came up and accused us of smoking weed. Neither of us smoke weed.

May I suggest reversing that personal trend?

It would alleviate instances where you notice and engage with walking husks devoid of souls... unless you want to, that is.

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

Maybe she was lookin' to score, and was just hiding her disappointment ?

maybe.

I think I had a cheap can of Samson rolling tobacco. Absolute crap. I could've guilded her to some funk but she had kids and I wasn't smoking weed!

Also, not sure if you were referring to me.. We weren't hiding by any means.
edit on 21-7-2021 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

Um, yes, they do.
Many times I have had to excuse myself from all polite company in order to go into "smokers exile". I was in this park once. Sign said "No smoking". So I followed this trail which eventually ended at the fence around a school yard, "No smoking". I ended up hiding in the bushes just to smoke a cigarette.

This other time I was in a mall parking lot. Security came over and told me it was a no smoking property. When I asked him about that he was all "the owner of the parking lot has the right to restrict smoking".

Then I pointed at some people right outside the mall by the building who were smoking, "What about them?"

"The owner has the prerogative of designating a smoking area for employees only."

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

Very true. This place permitted smoking throughout the grounds. We voluntarily secluded out of respect. This is an open air venue, by the way, in case people were unsure.

I've smoked in reasonable places before and learned they were supposed to be smoke free. Cops have been involved, but they are always cool and give a verbal warning at the request of the property owners. Fair enough.

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 08:39 PM
link   

This is literally the reason I rarely go out and enjoy anything. I don’t want to be bothered. I’m going to a concert in Nashville in September and I’m terrified lol.

Some folks don’t know how to mind their business.. glad it didn’t turn out any more crazy pants

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Kinda funny aside here. My parents just took my spouse and I to dinner. They drove. On the way back, the vaccination was brought up. I informed my father that neither of us got the jab and we wont until further studies are done.

He. Flipped. Out. He went on this tirade of me being a conspiracy theorist (never brought up until he ranted), and said we were gonna kill everyone if we don't get the jab. "But, dad, if you got the jab you're safe, right?"

"No! You're stupid! You're all stupid!" He may have shouted the word stupid maybe 40-50 times. "We've had covid, we're fine. It was mild." "You're stupid!" Ugh, calm down, old man.

He was the guy who taught me to read facts before forming opinions on things like climate change, etc. He now believes the atmosphere will boil in my lifetime. Sad to see someone I respect so much slip so heavily and suddenly.

People get old and afraid and then they get stupid. My father (89), staunch conservative, always telling me to not trust the government, ever! I remember when I was young and he was reading flat-earth and hollow earth books. I just though yeah ok, sure. Now he's gone full lieberal retard. I am just shocked at the total 180 reversal in principles. He's pro jab, pro mask and afraid of even being within 10 feet of anybody, jab'd or un-jab'd. I hope to f*** I don't go that stupid ever, but then I would rather die on my feet fighting than on my knees.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 7/21.2021 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Glad I'm not alone there. Weird though, right? Where does the switch flip?

I guess you're right. Fear and dependency. Odd, the lack of trust in family and abundance of trust in government so suddenly. Eh, what do I know? I'm not there yet...

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Ive had similar experiences. Not with family, but with other people I love. When you describe how your dad used to be, and what he believes now- I’m telling you- I swear brainwashing is real.

It’s the only thing that explains how absolute baths!t stupid and CRAZY so many people are now, who used to be normal, logical, smart people. There’s got to be something, some waveform, some frequency, something, that blasts out of CNN, MSNBC, et al.

People who previously would at least consider other views, or at least be open to other information, now will absolutely not consider that there may be something different than what CNN says. In fact, trying to direct them to or tell them about anything that isn’t what CNN says actually enrages them, usually immediately. It’s fuc&ing BIZARRE.

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Just a question but ...

Old people having the jab and their mind set changes.

I wonder what could cause that?

The Jab???

P

top topics

<<   2 >>

join