It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Home Secretary Priti Patel says wolf-whistling could become a specific crime

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 11:05 PM
link   
So, I do not disagree with wanting men to stop doing that, but I fully disagree with criminalizing mating behavior that has been with us for, God, who knows how long.

But honestly, I do believe men should have more respect for strangers than that. Most women hate it and it makes the guy look like a [insert profanity here].

But to criminalize it? That's just too much ridiculousness. Total insanity.
a reply to: gortex

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Is this to protect womens feelings??? Are women behind this??? NOW, if they are I would immediately remind them of Love Island. I have not seen one single episode of it and only excerpts, bbbuuuttt, what I have seen on how the women react then I would be fully justified in saying to all women STFU, live with it.
Now any women replying to that statement with "that is not indicative to all women" and my answer would be "wolf whistling is not indicative to all men, so still STFU".
How far could this be taken, waving at women, parping your car horn at women, allowing a woman to walk through a door first (that could be construed as wanting to be behind the woman to surprise attack her) opening the door for a woman.
What do you get when you educate an idiot... answer an educated idiot.

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I'm not going to apologise, but I would be dead chuffed if I got a wolf whistle at my age!

Did I get whistled at in 'my youth', yes, twice!
Like somebody has mentioned, is wolf whistling even a 'thing' anymore?

Seriously, who are these women who get so offended so easily? Have they no back bone or are they actually narcissists who have got bored at home with hubby?

By the way, my car gets more male attention than I do!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

I'd give you a wolf whistle Jane.

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Ah, thank you Gortex, accepted

Meet Geraldine

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Geraldine looks mighty fine , don't think I could drive a car like that I'd just sit in the garage looking at her , can I comment on her body or will that get me arrested ?

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Seriously, who are these women who get so offended so easily? Have they no back bone or are they actually narcissists who have got bored at home with hubby?

Some might be, some might not complain if it was idk, Johnny Depp whistling? There's plenty of situations where a wolf whistle could be intimidating though.

Banning it is stupid, maybe in future I'll just scratch my head and armpits, maybe my balls whilst shouting like a monkey. There's a big difference from appreciating beauty or chatting up a woman to harassing or stalking one.

If Tories were chocolate they'd definitely be snickers, nutty bastards.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join