It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unpopular Opinion * Voting Restrictions Can Be Overcome with Organization

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I was thinking that it sucks that the GOP has decided that the only way they're going to win more elections is by tightening the screws on voting laws to make it harder for certain people to vote. However, I have yet to see any laws proposed that actually make it impossible for pretty much anybody qualified to vote to actually vote. Yes, they may require that people are properly registered. Yes, they may require that people have to travel inconvenient distances to vote in odd hours.

But you know, it just takes more organization to make sure in advance that people are properly registered, and certainly organized shuttles can carry people back and forth to voting places. Yes, it takes a lot more effort. But once that effort is done, the vote is stronger and less likely to be questioned. And if successful, those voters can put people in office (or kick their asses out) to remake the voting laws work the way they want to. No more excuses or accusations from anybody about the quality of the vote. Which is a good thing.

Where there's a will, there's a way.
edit on Fri Jul 16 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Who are these certain people, and how does it impact them. In Texas the voter IDs for in person voting are free. Really all they want to do is get rid of canvassing and require absentee voters to include their license or free voting ID number (not the actual card) on the ballots.
But I digress. Who are these people that are too incompetent to obtain a free ID? How many of them do you know personally? Why do you think people should be allowed in retirement communities to "help" voters without documenting who they are?
Please I'd love for someone to finally answer these questions with out just saying "blacks and hillbillies can't manage to do anything on their own."

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 07:11 PM
link   
So, people want to have proof you got vaxxed, but not proof of citizenship to vote.

Proof to drive, buy a house, rent an apartment, cash a check, get married, get a job…

I think you have the point

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
So, people want to have proof you got vaxxed, but not proof of citizenship to vote.

Proof to drive, buy a house, rent an apartment, cash a check, get married, get a job…

Don't forget, need that ID to government help....just sayin

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
I was thinking that it sucks that the GQP has decided that the only way they're going to win more elections is by tightening the screws on voting laws to make it harder for certain people to vote.

That almost sucks as much as the left deciding the only way they are going to win more elections is by turing the voting process into the wild west.... unless you live in a Democrat strong hold, then they try to make it difficult for people to vote

I guess that's just politics

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I was thinking that it sucks that the GQP has decided that the only way they're going to win more elections is by tightening the screws on voting laws to make it harder for certain people to vote.

No.
Just attempting to enforce voting laws already on the books.
The Federal books.
Take some US Civics courses.

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Curious how all of that is not called racist. I also never heard a progressive shout that mandatory ID's to buy booze is racist. Actually i find it surprising that they never did come to think of it.

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I'd hit n run driveby my own op if it was full of that much crap too.
Jesus

It's not even worth voting after that last scam.

It was clearly stolen, or made to look stolen.
It was clearly advertised as stolen
Clearly advertised as being ignored by the court.
Results a 5th grade math student could laugh at.

We have a inteenational corporate and gov takeover going down right now, in case you live on fb and haven't noticed.

You're just here to troll anyway, so whatever dude.

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 08:45 PM
link   

So,

You consider voting in person with an ID as voting restriction? Really?

I consider unverified mail in ballots by the millions where there is no oversight and no id to vote as just plain FRAUD.

In person voting with a valid ID is the Democrats worst nightmare. It is much harder to cheat... Well, unless you double count and rig the counting machines to switch votes that is.

edit on 16-7-2021 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Yeah shame on the GOP for wanting things like signature verification and that you are who you say you are. Booo Hoo

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Who is not allowed to vote in the US? you mean illegals? I though we got laws that restrict illegals from voting, anybody else is free to vote in the US.

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 09:49 PM
link   

I forgot, I live in GA and since I been in this state I always have to show identification to vote, what is wrong with that?,

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: dandandat2

.... unless you live in a Democrat strong hold, then they try to make it difficult for people to vote

I guess that's just politics

Thought I would add a link from the left leaning Atlantic

link

Few states have more limited voting options than Delaware, a Democratic bastion that allowed little mail balloting before the pandemic hit.

Delaware isn’t an anomaly among Democratic strongholds, and its example presents the president’s party with an uncomfortable reminder: Although Democrats like to call out Republicans for trying to suppress voting, the states they control in the Northeast make casting a ballot more difficult than anywhere else.

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Stacey Abrams Claims Democrats Never Objected To Voter ID.

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
I was thinking that it sucks that the GOP has decided that the only way they're going to win more elections is by tightening the screws on voting laws to make it harder for certain people to vote.

edit on Fri Jul 16 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

Yes. Because we all know how difficult it is to get a state ID or drivers license these days.
Don't have one?
Won't get one?
You don't vote.
End of discussion

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 12:25 AM
link   

You are correct. Increased organization will be required to continue to "get out the vote" due to laws which seem to have become very popular in the past year or so.

Laws which make it more difficult to vote (no matter how slight the increased inconveinience) will indeed accomplish the goal of fewer voters. Whether or not it is directed to any particular demographic, other than "Democrat" is not relevant. And if those efforts don't do the trick there is always 2024. Right? We can make it even harder to vote.

Yes, increased organization will be required to get out the vote, due to laws which seem to have become very popular in the past year or so. Showing ID in order to cast a ballot is not really the issue. It's the new stuff.
edit on 7/17/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Some form of valid ID should be part of the voting process, it's unavoidable if you want to have ballot integrity.

Why not have a written process verified by finger print and/or perhaps facial recognition somehow? If the voter is illiterate or no comprende english, have a voice system in place as well. Plus fill all those holes that allow double voting and phantom voting (ie diseased voters or ones who have moved away).

If they can monitor your phone conversations and follow you around with satellites, cameras and God knows what else, they can identify you, license or not, and verify your vote was legit. None of that is important however if your vote gets flipped or uncounted, but of course with every precaution against cheating, there is another method for the cheaters to screw you out of your vote.

With regard to organization, it's has worked wonderfully to fully corrupt the voting process and select the president, representatives and judges for you. All three branches at every level are up for grabs if you are organized and believe your power must be preserved by any means necessary, regardless of political party.
edit on 17-7-2021 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Typo

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Republicans know that Dems can still organize and get out the vote, that's why they've added provisions to those voting laws that allow the legislatures to decide who's vote gets counted AFTER a person has voted. With the ability to actually change the vote. MY VOTE.

These portions of the laws will go to the Supreme Court and eventually be overturned. But don't look for too many Congressman/woman to be seated after the election in 2022, because I see TONS OF LAWSUITS coming. And our government will be on "hold" until they are resolved.

This is where we are headed. Whoever loses, isn't going to trust the count. So if no one can trust the count, well, there goes democracy.

new topics

top topics

join