It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So archaeology...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I was looking forward to watch a few archaeology documentaries and the impression I get is it's 3% artifacts, 2% pottery and 95% some sick weirdos masturbating over a couple of bones.
Why are we not just calling it what it is?
Necrophilology

Mythology is better. What matters about us humans is the thoughts and dreams we have and not our bodies.
I mean ...
They dug out a poor person and then invent stories trying to infer what the person thought and who he was. That's just not happening.

edit on 13-7-2021 by Peeple because: 8r

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
...then invent stories...

I have the same complaint about most nature shows.

Irritating.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I think archeology is more about finding answers to why past events happened, how they happened, and who was involved.

Oh, and how devasting GLOBAL WARMING was.......

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

It's probably intended to make it more relatable?

Very #ing irritating.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: EdisonintheFM

what weird # are you watching?

I read a lot of books Jared Diamond and such...that I liked and seems to agree with you.
this rant was probably more about how bad and stupid TV people are when they're facing facts

edit on 13-7-2021 by Peeple because: add

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 05:50 PM
link   
You should see this other show.

They go around to fascinating places all over the world and see stunning,
creations from the past. Feats of unbelievable ingenuity. Marvels of architectural wonder. Breathtaking structures of unfeasibly intricate design.
So beautiful that it's hard to imagine that ancient humans had such skill.

So they say it was all done by aliens!

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Oh you mean reality TV.

Ugh, yeah, it's all lame ass crap and it's not actually reality because it's scripted.

You must not have watched much reality shows, which is a good thing.

Mtv started the fake reality TV bull#.

Fox started REAL reality TV with Cops.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

I heard aliens are responsible for chicken nuggets.

Actually I've heard aliens pretty much created it all, man is unable to be productive and incapable of having an idea that's not inspired by bulbous headed tarts from lightyears away.

How anyone could possibly believe in aliens now that knowledge is universally shared is a hoot.

Of course there will be those saying the same about people who believe in God.

And while they mouth off the usual parroting they'll continue to fail to see the connection between God and E.T.

A.....hoot.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 06:12 PM
link   

I think you're missing the point of what drives someone into the field archaeology. You're basically retracing the steps of the past and building a picture for others to understand. So yea, people freaking out over some bones isn't over the top.

I remember when I used to volunteer on digs we found a fully intact rum bottle from the early 1800's. It was like we discovered king tut within that little community.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: EdisonintheFM

What if chicken nuggets ARE aliens???

TV manages to ruin a lot of good things. Reality TV even more so.
Mainly because reality rarely comes packaged in a consumable form for the average viewer.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 06:34 PM
link   
The Curse of Oak Island really irks me 8 seasons and over a 100 episodes later it's still just a bunch of guys fantasizing about finding "the money pit" when the real money pit is more akin to merchandise sales I'm guessing.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I just finished reading America Before, The key to earths lost civilization By Graham Hancock. And left me not believing anything we’ve been taught. How academia will hold beliefs and discredit new findings to keep their findings as fact, even in the face of irrefutable evidence that say the contrary.

Has me thinking most if not all of what we know of the past is a myth as you say.

SaneThinking

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: RussianSpy
The Curse of Oak Island really irks me 8 seasons and over a 100 episodes later it's still just a bunch of guys fantasizing about finding "the money pit" when the real money pit is more akin to merchandise sales I'm guessing.

Eight? That's incredible.

They put some of the Skinwalker Ranch one up on YouTube so I tried having a look.
Lasted about twenty minutes before I gave up.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: RussianSpy

For sure.

I think that series is a money pit.

The guy that has the job looking for it has a great scam going though.

new topics

top topics

join