It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Just Used Fully AI Controlled Drone Swarms in a World First

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 05:34 PM
link   
AI will become way more efficient than humans in many areas. It already has. Some people are worried about AI controlled weapons.

Last month, we had reported that Israel deployed a semi-autonomous robot during the recent Gaza conflict. Carrying a machine gun, this robot named Jaguar, was capable of driving to a designated location, returning fire, and even self-destructing when compromised. However, the robot needed a human operator to initiate the firing from the machine gun.

A fully autonomous drone swarm is a different level of technology altogether. It is a networked entity that is not controlled by human operators at all. Operated by artificial intelligence (AI), it can continue its mission, even if loses some drones during its mission. The machine learning system is fed with data sourced from satellites, other reconnaissance drones, and aerial vehicles, as well as intel collected by ground units.

interestingengineering.com...

I'm in the middle on this.

The fact is, you can't stop it. The genie is out of the bottle and in 10-20 years you will have more advanced AI doing just about everything for us. Future ground wars will be fought with robots and drone swarms. On one hand, that's a good thing. There's no need for humans to die on the battlefield. On the other hand, these AI networks could start working together and begin killing humans. This can occur simply because AI reach a conclusion that some humans need to be killed. It's making decisions without human input. We don't know how or what decisions it will make.
edit on 5-7-2021 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Soon pilots will have AIs as their wingmen in combat. Each pilot would get 3 drones

nationalinterest.org...

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Betcha thought the military hardware/software in the movie "Ender's Game" was Sci-Fi, didn't you?

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 06:12 PM
link   
MICRO DRONES KILLER ARMS ROBOTS - AUTONOMOUS ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE - WARNING !!

Just a movie, right? Don't worry about it...keeping you safe.🙄

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 06:22 PM
link   
A while ago I made a thread about a similar incident,in Libya 2020 which the UN are looking at.
Multiple drones,fully autonomous used to "hunt" and engage a war lord's forces who are fighting against the Libyian government.

While that may not have been classed as a "war" situation-it was certainly a combat situation,and according to the UN report may have resulted in fighters being killed by armed AI drones.

Drones have been used in combat for years, but what made this attack different is that they operated without human input, after the initial attack with other support had taken place.
"Logistics convoys and retreating HAF were subsequently hunted down and remotely engaged by the unmanned combat aerial vehicles or the lethal autonomous weapons systems such as the STM Kargu-2 (see annex 30) and other loitering munitions," according to the report.

www.iflscience.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

AI is the future of warfare-all the big players are right now having a sort of AI arms race as they all know it will be a critical part of future wars-to not have ever evolving AI tech means you will soon be left vunerable to attack.

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Very cool.

Absolutely Terrifying.

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 06:51 PM
link   

We were warned against creating such thing's in prophecy but it was told that they would be created.

Image of the beast, the world is walking into a very dark time, big brother, the kingdom of the beast and machines, images with the power to judge and kill without any human compassion or soul behind there automatic actions.

Damned fool's don't even understand the can of worm's they have opened and yes they would argue if not them then someone else before them but that does not wash, remote control is one thing but AI is something far darker and in the end utterly evil to be applied in this manner.

While They will be patting themselves on the back, God will be pouring hot coals onto there heads for this.

I Lament the damnation these weapon inventors have brought upon themselves and the same damnation those that use them will share in.

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 06:55 PM
link   

one day,

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

I think they look at it the opposite way you do. They can put drones in hazardous situations instead of a pilot. And they can be used to help keep him alive.

I could see eventually no people will fight in a war be robots vs robots.
edit on 7/5/21 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
a reply to: LABTECH767

I think they look at it the opposite way you do. They can put drones in hazardous situations instead of a pilot. And they can be used to help keep him alive.

Yes.

For now.

But when the tech is prolific what will happen?

Maybe some government could send these overseas with impunity, unmarked and remotely managed to create absolute chaos?

Just a thought...

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Bagdad Iraq, Is Israel attacking the USA embassy in IRAQ? And is IRAQ using counter measures or is it the USa?
Twitter
edit on 5-7-2021 by GuitaristRob because: More text

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 07:46 PM
link   
It's long been known that Israel uses their constant Gaza massacres as testing grounds for new tech, I think Chomsky first mentioned it a decade or so ago.

Now instead of assassinating unarmed Palestinians, I guess they can use the drones, it might even help some of the IDF with the PTSD they no doubt suffer from, the ones with a conscience of course

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum
It's long been known that Israel uses their constant Gaza massacres as testing grounds for new tech, I think Chomsky first mentioned it a decade or so ago.

Now instead of assassinating unarmed Palestinians, I guess they can use the drones, it might even help some of the IDF with the PTSD they no doubt suffer from, the ones with a conscience of course

Lets give the tech and equipment to the PLA or Hamas

They are known for their restraint, right?

Give me a break...
edit on 7/5/2021 by MykeNukem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Anti Drone Swarm weapons are a thing too ya know. I don't see drone swarms lasting.

(post by FinalUltimateSavior removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I can't believe that nobody here has yet to mention SKYNET.

'Cause this is how you get SKYNET.

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

Lets give the tech and equipment to the PLA or Hamas

They are known for their restraint, right?

Give me a break...

Certainly not, the PLA and Hamas were borne of the crimes of Israel and the restraint they've shown in the face of systemically racist policies is admirable

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 11:44 PM
link   
At the same time, it has become fashionable to sport bumper-stickers and memes that say “I’ve done too much peopling today,” or flat out “I hate people”.

Just wait til you’ve had too much droning today

posted on Jul, 6 2021 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

I can't believe that nobody has mentioned "Colossus: The Forbin Project," from 1970. Various countries put computers in charge of defense, the computers from said various countries started talking to each other in their made-up new language that humans couldn't decipher, then the computers decided to get rid of the carbon units, i.e. humanity.

Spoiler alert:
The computers all won in the end.

posted on Jul, 6 2021 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

It's funny you mention SKYNET because the Air Force is working on an autonomous pilot called.....SKYBORG!

Skyborg is an autonomy-focused capability that will enable the Air Force to operate and sustain low-cost, teamed aircraft that can thwart adversaries with quick, decisive actions in contested environments. The program will enable airborne combat mass by building a transferable autonomy foundation for a family of layered, unmanned air vehicles. This foundation will deliver unmatched combat capability per dollar by lowering the barriers to entry for industry and allowing continuous hardware and software innovation in acquisition, fielding and sustainment of critical mission systems. During this effort, AFRL will prototype a suite of autonomy and unmanned system technologies equipped with capabilities that can support a range of Air Force missions.

afresearchlab.com...

Here's a video on SKYBORG:

Here's a July 5th article:

The Air Force Skyborg AI Flight Program is Getting Smarter, Stealthier

The United States Air Force successfully conducted an unmanned test flight of a General Atomics Avenger drone—controlled not by a pilot on the ground, but rather by the Skyborg autonomy core system. The flight came several months after the Skyborg technology flew a Kratos UTAP-22 Mako drone, and marked the second kind of aircraft that the autonomous piloting program is able to fly.

“This type of operational experimentation enables the Air Force to raise the bar on new capabilities, made possible by emerging technologies,” Air Force Brig. Gen. Dale White explained in an Air Force press release about the recent flight. “And this flight is a key milestone in achieving that goal.”

nationalinterest.org...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join