It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mathinna's People - The Tasmanians.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2021 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Mathinna was an aboriginal girl, who would be be adopted and abandoned:

Mathinna (1835–1852) was an indigenous Australian girl, who was adopted and later abandoned by the Governor of Tasmania, Sir John Franklin.

en.wikipedia.org...(Tasmanian)

Here is some more on her brief, but remarkable life.
www.youtube.com...
edit on 4-7-2021 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2021 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Are there still aboriginal people in Tasmania today?

www.youtube.com...

Women keeping the aboriginal language alive.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2021 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

She drowned—according to one account—in a puddle while drunk on 1 September 1852. She was 17 or 18 years old.

posted on Jul, 4 2021 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: halfoldman
Are there still aboriginal people in Tasmania today?

Yes.

posted on Jul, 4 2021 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: halfoldman

Women keeping the aboriginal language alive.

www.youtube.com...

also there is not a single aboriginal language. there are many.

posted on Jul, 4 2021 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: jerich0

Yes for sure.
Maybe I was referring to the "aboriginal language" as opposed to English or other introduced languages, in the collective sense that we sometimes speak of the "African language".

As a South African who's never been to Tasmania I'm trying to be very brief (because I know I might put my foot in it), and not speaking from an angle of authority, but rather of interest, and hoping to coax a bit more out of members closer to the area in question (geographically and historically speaking).

Strange, we're both Southern peoples (South Africa and Australia/Tasmania) in a globalist sense.
Yet, especially concerning history we don't know very much about each other.

Here's a song by Dewayne in one of the aboriginal languages.
(It could be in a music thread, but for now, I think the context is more relevant here.)

posted on Jul, 4 2021 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: jerich0

Forgive my ignorance, but I've never thought of indigenous Australian people as being sea going.

So any insight on how they came to be on the island?

posted on Jul, 4 2021 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Doxanoxa

From what I gather the Tasmanians migrated there during the ice-age, when sea-levels were very low.
Possibly when Tasmania and Australia were still connected by land.

posted on Jul, 4 2021 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Ok.Cleared that one up. Thanks

posted on Jul, 4 2021 @ 05:47 PM
link   

You can kayak from the mainland to Tasmania by Island hopping. There is a UTUBE vid with some guys doing it.

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I lived in Tasmania for 20 years. Lot of people I met who claim to be Tasmanian aboriginals are whiter than me.
The ones who actually look aboriginal have travelled from the mainland.

Looking at photos and paintings from the era, I reckon most Tasmanian natives were a different race or a off shoot of 'mainland' aboriginals. Same as Torres Strait Islanders are similar but different to Mainland natives.

Do a google, check the images and see what I mean. Even their style of 'dress' was unlike mainlanders.

Fun alleged fact they used to carry fire around with them because apparently they didn't know how to make it themselves. Have to get it from a tree hit by lightening or something.

Most these days there claiming to be Tasmanian aboriginal are honestly only doing it for the freebies they think it will get them. I mean if they were supposedly all wiped out how can there be any left?

Either you're genocided completely out of existence or you're not.

Makes me wonder how much of any race you can be before you can claim to be it. Like I am 2%-4% Indian and 96-98% European for the rest. Can I claim being Indian despite looking and being almost completely Caucasian?

Should add, not even sure what this thread is about lol.
edit on 5-7-2021 by AtomicKangaroo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Here's what a modern day Tasmanian 'aboriginal' leader supposedly looks like.

Michael Mansell Tasmanian Aboriginal 'Leader'

lol

Just as Aboriginal and moronic as loud mouth Senator Lidia Thorpe who recently called the much more Aboriginal NT Attorney General a 'White Man".

See it's not just the U.S, politicians are morons everywhere, regardless of race or gender.

new topics

top topics

join