It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Never-Before-Seen Type of Signal Has Been Detected in The Human Brain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Just came across this article the other day,. And got me thinking.. did our maker want to give us a upgrade,. And did the elite had other plans.. is the vaccine all about suppressing evolution.. all the timing seems coincidental specially with all the astronomical events that have taken place,. Was The conjunction of Jupiter and Saturn a sign,. Then there was all the monoliths appearing.. so much is happening it can't be all a coincidence.. www.sciencealert.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: wlee48868

Whats the article about??

Whats your view on it?

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: wlee48868

You are thinking that this is a new process in the brain? It seems so by that upgrade remark.

No. This seems to have been there all along and no one knew to look for it. Just a new measurement and not a new property of the brain.

Just because you see something you have never seen before does not mean it did not exist before you saw it.

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

Just because you see something you have never seen before does not mean it did not exist before you saw it.

If truth can only be objective and all subjective truth is void, that statement is correct.

It would void so many things, not sure we would be comfortable with that...

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 03:24 PM
link   
For those of you who asked:

Yes, this is not new, just newly discovered

Excitingly, the discovery hints that our brains might be even more powerful units of computation than we realized.
There was a 'eureka' moment when we saw the dendritic action potentials for the first time," said Larkum.

.... when they dosed the cells with a sodium channel blocker called tetrodotoxin, they still found a signal. Only by blocking calcium did all fall quiet.

Finding an action-potential mediated by calcium is interesting enough. But modelling the way this sensitive new kind of signal worked in the cortex revealed a surprise.

In addition to the logical AND and OR-type functions, these individual neurons could act as 'exclusive' OR (XOR) intersections, which only permit a signal when another signal is graded in a particular fashion.

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 05:42 PM
link   
in a point of view .. old knowledge
By William Shakespeare´s play Hamlet act III " to be or not to be " in brains nervous system sends an order and make choice in high voltages( neurons do it by chemical neurotransmitter and electrical events called action potentials) and lead to result.

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: wlee48868
Just came across this article the other day,. And got me thinking.. did our maker want to give us a upgrade,. And did the elite had other plans.. is the vaccine all about suppressing evolution.. all the timing seems coincidental specially with all the astronomical events that have taken place,. Was The conjunction of Jupiter and Saturn a sign,. Then there was all the monoliths appearing.. so much is happening it can't be all a coincidence.. www.sciencealert.com...

The original science is very intriguing. And it has absolutely 0 to do with all that nonsense.

In a nutshell, certain human neurons in cortical layer 2/3 whose major expansion is unique to humans, display more complex and powerful computational behavior than previous models of neurons.

Artificial Neural Network research, from the abstracted computational/engineering sort used by Google and many others in machine learning techniques to the more neuro-science oriented physiologically based neuronal network models made certain classical assumptions about how the effects of dendrites combine and sum together.

Classical neural networks were inspired by a mathematical function based model which was suggested ages ago from animal experiments: activation potential of hidden node h_i = f(sum_i x_i*w_ij + b_i) with f some nonlinear monotonic function.

This new research results shows that in humans, and apparently humans exclusively, there are neuronal structures with different and more powerful intrinsic computational ability. The assumption is that this has been in humans since the evolutionary shift from proto-humans.

It has long been assumed that the summation of excitatory synaptic inputs at the dendrite and the output at the axon can only instantiate logical operations such as AND and OR (30). Traditionally, the XOR operation has been thought to require a network solution (31, 32). We found that the dCaAPs’ activation function allowed them to effectively compute the XOR operation in the dendrite by suppressing the amplitude of the dCaAP when the input is above the optimal strength (Fig. 2).

XOR in a single layer vs multi-layer computation.

It would be very exciting to me if this idea could be successfully brought over to the ANN engineering community and permit a more sophisticated set of computations.

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: mbkennel

originally posted by: wlee48868

The original science is very intriguing. And it has absolutely 0 to do with all that nonsense.

In a nutshell, certain human neurons in cortical layer 2/3 whose major expansion is unique to humans, display more complex and powerful computational behavior than previous models of neurons.

Artificial Neural Network research, from the abstracted computational/engineering sort used by Google and many others in machine learning techniques to the more neuro-science oriented physiologically based neuronal network models made certain classical assumptions about how the effects of dendrites combine and sum together.

Classical neural networks were inspired by a mathematical function based model which was suggested ages ago from animal experiments: activation potential of hidden node h_i = f(sum_i x_i*w_ij + b_i) with f some nonlinear monotonic function.

This new research results shows that in humans, and apparently humans exclusively, there are neuronal structures with different and more powerful intrinsic computational ability. The assumption is that this has been in humans since the evolutionary shift from proto-humans.

It has long been assumed that the summation of excitatory synaptic inputs at the dendrite and the output at the axon can only instantiate logical operations such as AND and OR (30). Traditionally, the XOR operation has been thought to require a network solution (31, 32). We found that the dCaAPs’ activation function allowed them to effectively compute the XOR operation in the dendrite by suppressing the amplitude of the dCaAP when the input is above the optimal strength (Fig. 2).

XOR in a single layer vs multi-layer computation.

It would be very exciting to me if this idea could be successfully brought over to the ANN engineering community and permit a more sophisticated set of computations.
In otherwords, it, existing in pre historic Humans means that they would have the same intelligence factor as us? Just no one was around to teach anything in those early days.

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 10:15 PM
link   
There is a real lot they still do not know about the human brain and the way our cells communicate with it. They have been thinking they knew so much for decades, when in fact their belief in their knowledge kept them from finding out how things actually worked all along. We do not know a hundredth of what there is to know, in some fields where there are people with delusional pride that fight change that makes them look bad, there is only a thousandth known of what there is to know.

Computers are nothing compared to the abilities of humans, and cells scattered throughout the body also contain knowledge that the mind taps into. Lots of medications and food chemistry block this communication.

posted on Jul, 9 2021 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
In otherwords, it, existing in pre historic Humans means that they would have the same intelligence factor as us? Just no one was around to teach anything in those early days.

Of course, prehistoric humans are humans. It's not yet known the full import of this and its evolutionary history but it is suggestive that it may distinguish hominins from other animals. Not clear how many apes might have it.

What this mutation, and other specially-human mutations, seems to have done is enable much much faster evolution possible, not through the slow process of genetics, but culture and knowledge.

Once we understood basics of biology (germ theory of disease) and physics, our civilization took off.

top topics

join