It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cov19 machine that can sniff out air particles goes on trial in uk

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Oh look, they've built a machine that can (decide?) tell if you have covid or not. Eventually to be built into an app? Yes i watch too many movies

news.sky.com...

edit on 24-6-2021 by FinallyAwake because: Typo

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: FinallyAwake

Weirdly I was nattering to Research Chemist over a pint the other day who was is working on this or similar.
I wish I had asked more questions now.

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 02:32 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Wasn't DARPA supposed to be working on something like that?

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 04:02 AM
link   

And then Eugenics society comes in via the back door, soon there will be health dissidents.

Fine I admit we need something but it is how the results are dealt with that will be the litmus test, how we treat people that fail to meet up to the health criteria, how they are shunned, locked away or otherwise ostracized by society if they fail to meet the human hygiene and eugenics council (one will exist if it does not already though they will be careful about the word eugenics as they like to hide there well - very ill actually - intentions from the public knowing the likely backlash).

Why we need it is that there is likely to be a true pandemic, one that will kill billions not millions at some point, if nature does not create it some crack pot run laboratory working for some crack pot run regime will.

edit on 24-6-2021 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Is it actually worth it though?? Whats the point?

If there's something in the air, it will be too late as people would already be exposed, would they not?

It's like CCTV... good for filming an incident but by the time the cops get there, it's too late.

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 05:39 AM
link   

"Sir, You smell like you have covid-19 sir."
"But I feel fine, I've not been anywhere."
"Sir, get down on the ground now, sir, our device has detected you are infected, sir."
"No, I, I've just gone to buy milk."
"I won't ask you again sir."
"But...."
*thwack, bang, smash, yelling, screams* "Easier if you comply, sir."
"Suspect in custody, moving on to containment facility."
"Roger."

It's idiocracy, but in real time.

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 07:18 AM
link   
This is basically an automation of a few existing technologies. The handheld assay used in the rapid tests combined with air sample collection and a test reader. The problem with the term (sniffer) is it only applies to chemicals. Biologicals take time to identify. There is no known technology that can instantaneously identify a biological in the air. But 15 minutes isn’t that bad either. The real issue is if you are getting a positive in ambient air sample you probably have an insanely high concentration, or some moron is coughing into the sample collector.

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 07:27 AM
link   

It's a bit boring to look at.

just a box really.

I was hoping it could walk around armed and telling you that you have "20 seconds to comply"!

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777

If there's something in the air, it will be too late as people would already be exposed, would they not?

It's like CCTV... good for filming an incident but by the time the cops get there, it's too late.

Yes. Because the COVID angle is bull#e. It'll be used to target undesirables who don't think the way they are supposed to.

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777

Yes. Because the COVID angle is bull#e. It'll be used to target undesirables who don't think the way they are supposed to.

That's called a voting machine!

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I wish they'd make up their minds,as far as I know Covid 19 is symptoms.How the hell can you detect symptoms in the air.
More lies to keep their no where near a pandemic going.

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 08:38 AM
link   

More seriously than my previous comments, this just reminded me about a lady who was interviewed on the radio at the beginning of the "pandemic".
She trains dogs to be sniffers. We know they can detect drugs, money and various other contraband items, hence their use by police and customs etc.
They can also sniff out certain types of illnesses. If I recall correctly I think that some can detect when an epileptic is going to have a seizure and give them a warning.

She was mystified that everywhere she contacted in government and her local authority just did not want to know. She was positive that the dogs could be trained to detect the rona but drew a blank every time she offered her help.
She wasn't the conspiracy type but she seemed to be suggesting there may be a "red flag" about the reluctance to accept any assistance from anyone out of the loop, as it were.

Being a bit of a tech ignoramus myself, my question would be what else can it do?
I can't help wonder about these new shopping tils which show your face on the screens when doing self service. Is it scanning the rest of me? My phone? Anything else?
I just don't know. But a nondescript box with an allegedly acceptable purpose could be doing a number of things which we may not find acceptable if we knew their true capabilities.

edit on 2462021 by Tulpa because: Correction

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

It's a bit boring to look at.

just a box really.

I was hoping it could walk around armed and telling you that you have "20 seconds to comply"!

I would not be hoping for that. If it did carry a weapon, I think it would be time to work on removing it from society and going after the jobs of the idiots who thought it made sense to them.

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Yes.

I should have said expecting.

But the OP did say he watched movies. I wouldn't be surprised if, one day, we have such things as robocop in the near future.

new topics

top topics

join