It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nova Scotia's idiotic Covid system.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Neobucket
It seems like a majority of people did share the same sentiment...

There was a vocal few, there were more people advocating in that thread and a couple others that it was the right thing to do.

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

It seems like a majority of people did share the same sentiment...

There was a vocal few, there were more people advocating in that thread and a couple others that it was the right thing to do.
A thread on ATS hardly seems like a scientific sample of public opinion. Sure is interesting though!

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 12:23 PM
link   

A thread on ATS hardly seems like a scientific sample of public opinion. Sure is interesting though!

I never said it was scientific, but it is what I based my opinion on since this site is the extent of my social media participation with the exception of LinkedIn and Yelp.

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

That's one of many stories like that which I have heard here in NS, as well as across the country and around the world. Insanity doesn't even begin to describe this debacle the moron politicians have embraced worldwide.

On top of that the ABSOLUTE LIES and CENSORSHIP about viable therapeutics while also hiding safety info from the public about the vaccines. This is 100% a crime against humanity.

Fortunately, people are protesting the insanity here and have shut down the border between Nova Scotia and New Brunswick. We'll see how long that lasts as the idiot premier imposed an injunction last month to ban all protests in NS. This was rescinded late last week. I see it being reimposed. I also see more lockdowns because the morons think it does something.

Essentially, those who live near that border are super pissed off that at the 11th hour, the NS premier decided those traveling into NS must isolate for 14 days. While the rest of the country abandons that. I think a 14 day quarentie is insane and pointless especially when therapeutics are out there and also being purposefully ignored by mainstream media and governments, worldwide.

The way to protect the hospitals is NOT to have people stay home and HOPE and PRAY for the best outcome, but only come to the hospital if you have blue lips, is 100% negligent! It's called MEDICINE - and you PRACTICE IT or GTFO of the profession!

As well, you make a good point about the timing of "reopening". People must be pretty dense not to see that the seasons play a role in this virus...like all other SEASONAL viruses - this is endemic, get used to it! And the lockdowns...I guarantee they are not going away. Also, in the US the CDC dropped the Ct values from 38 down to 28 for VACCINATED people only. This is a self fulfilling prophecy. Clearly that will make the vaccines look like they work, when they most obviously do jack sh!t.

On top of that, all the hype about the vaccines being effective is BS! The Pfizer vaccines' Relative Risk Reduction (which only counts those who benefit from the vaccine) is stating it is 95% effective. But when you look at the Absolute Risk Reduction (which accounts for all background risks - so real world) it's only 0.84% effective!!!! WTF?!?!? Yup, leave that number out, because you can't sell a vaccine with an effective rate of 0.84%.

I truly believe that, gobally, the biggest hurdle we face is believing that things cannot possibly get any worse. I guarantee that they will and at the hands of government. Obviously spinning the reality to always make it seem like they are the "good guys".

“We are led by the least among us – the least intelligent, the least noble, the least visionary. We are led by the least among us and we do not fight back against the dehumanizing values that are handed down as control icons.” - Terrence McKenna

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
a reply to: TXRabbit

I think August thru October, personally. If you get up to Cape Breton to do the Cabot trail before the tourists really crowd in it's an amazing landscape.

If you're outdoorsy, there's really just and endless amount of the province to hike and discover. Lots of cool history too.

Agreed, that's the best time of year to visit/ swim in the ocean. Cape Chignecto is also quite a beautiful area and provincial park with a HUGE trail network. I've only done day hikes there, but apparently to do the whole park can take up to 8-10 days of hiking. Do come prepared though, physically, mentally and supply wise, even for a day hike. There is a reason there are 8 designated helicopter landing areas in the park. As difficult as most of the terrain there is, the views are breathtaking!

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: AccessDenied

originally posted by: AccessDenied
Civil Disobedience is my middle name. However a majority of our province does not feel the same way.

There's like nine people in Nunavut, shouldn't you have gotten them on the same page with you by now?

Right now...I have renewed faith...Our border is being shut down in protest response to our premier's ego contest with the premier of our neighbor province. This is all political. ..no science basis at all. I've caught our chief medical officer in multiple flip flop lies to keep control. The comments under today's new announced restrictions that literally go against the grain of the rest of the country are causing people to pull out the pitchforks.

Hell yeah! We'll run Rankin and his ilk outta the whole east coast and into the middle of the Atlantic. Hope he can swim - could care less if he can't!

This is 100% politics and NOT science at all. They are in a pissnig match about how to get reelected.

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 06:02 PM
link   
But you said you had evidence, now you say you only have your opinion. I know this is where you socialize, but why did you waste both our time like that?

I never said it was scientific, but it is what I based my opinion on since this site is the extent of my social media participation with the exception of LinkedIn and Yelp.

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 06:22 PM
link   

But you said you had evidence...

Yeah, everyone replying in the thread. If you don't like it that's tough.

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I’ll loop you back to my original comment, that’s weak.

But you said you had evidence...

Yeah, everyone replying in the thread. If you don't like it that's tough.

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Neobucket

Okay. Let me know when you finish the thread.

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 06:22 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 06:26 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 06:51 AM
link   

a reply to: Neobucket

Okay. Let me know when you finish the thread.
How about this, I’ll let you know your opinion isn’t evidence and to claim otherwise is weak. That’s the word you keep leaving me with. Enjoy playing your little games, let me know when you have done some research and have evidence of your claims.

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 06:55 AM
link   

How about this, I’ll let you know your opinion isn’t evidence and to claim otherwise is weak.

The other people's comments aren't my opinion.

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 07:06 AM
link   
You just can’t admit your claims were hyperbolic, and that’s your issue.

How about this, I’ll let you know your opinion isn’t evidence and to claim otherwise is weak.

The other people's comments aren't my opinion.

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

I’m in northern Ontario.
It’s sparse around here also. Yet, the morons still managed to let things get outta control... twice.
We finally just lifted lock down restrictions... again.
Hopefully this decline in numbers means we can start getting back to normalcy.

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 07:54 AM
link   

You just can’t admit your claims were hyperbolic, and that’s your issue.

Let me know when you read the thread and get to the non-hyperbolic 'weld them into their homes' and the others who said similarly absurd things.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join