It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Go1 Robot Dog

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Came across this and thought I'd share. A Chinese robotics company has produced an 'affordable' robotic dog that can be purchased by consumers.

That:

spectrum.ieee.org...

In 2017, we first wrote about the Chinese startup Unitree Robotics, which had the goal of “making legged robots as popular and affordable as smartphones and drones.” Relative to the cost of other quadrupedal robots (like Boston Dynamics’ $74,000 Spot), Unitree’s quadrupeds are very affordable, with their A1 costing under $10,000 when it became available in 2020. This hasn’t quite reached the point of consumer electronics that Unitree is aiming for, but they’ve just gotten a lot closer: now available is the Unitree Go1, a totally decent looking small size quadruped that can be yours for an astonishingly low $2700.

The battery life of the robot while jogging is about 1 hour

It weighs 12kg

The Super Sensory System includes five wide-angle stereo depth cameras, hypersonic distance sensors, and an integrated processing system

It’s running at 16 core CPU and a 1.5 tflop GPU

I guess it's kind of cool, but I'm not really sure what purpose they'd have. That video was pretty cringey, there's no way in hell I'd go for walks around town with something like that.

Then there's the whole, made by a Chinese robotics company while being equipped with a huge array of sensors thing that's a little questionable.

Also, if those are available from $2700-$8500, then I'm guessing the Chinese government's got an army of those bastards mounted with guns and missiles and #. Imagine a pack of a few hundred of those things running at you guns and missiles blazing.

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

I guess it is for those that are so lazy they can’t carry a water bottle? Pretty stupid to me

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Ummm…no more lifting it’s leg on the furniture…Or trying to crawl beneath your skin when the thunderstorms pass overhead…or when the seasonal idiots loose their cannonades of fireworks…

Gotta look on the positives…

YouSir

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Mount a gun on them and they'll sell like hotcakes in the US.

Dogs are ARMED. Do not enter.

LOL

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 02:25 PM
link   
The video title says ‘Bionic Companion Robot’, bionic means biological electronic. What do you feed the biological part? Is it even ethical to use biological parts in robots?

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Mount a gun on them and they'll sell like hotcakes in the US.

Dogs are ARMED. Do not enter.

LOL

Trying to figure out how to do such a thing 2 seconds into the video.
For defensive measures only, like the sign says dogs are armed do not enter.
Perro pistola cuidado
edit on 2021/6/20 by CrazyFox because: clarity

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 04:36 PM
link   
How about a coaded lazer pointer that is a ring or something similar on your body. The robot is made with taser probes in certain places on its body, not the shooting ones, just poke and zap. It is programmed to attack whatever the laser has indicated with its taser probes, until it is no longer moving or you stop it.

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 04:47 PM
link   
It needs aerial capability and a gun mount. Be kick ass for duck hunting.

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 07:29 PM
link   
this is bizarre
has potential lol

edit on 20-6-2021 by oddnutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Oh, FFS, just go adopt a dog, there's so many that need a home.

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Oh, FFS, just go adopt a dog, there's so many that need a home.

But a dog has to be cleaned up after, with scoops and bags. This will leave piles of easy to clean up batteries instead.

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Creepy! Put antennae on it and it looks like a giant insect! Couldn't they give it a cute puppy face??

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 10:43 PM
link   
So I take it from the video this robot dog only really good for walking?

The least desirable part of having a dog right after the poop.

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I can see woman taking these on a jog for protection or at least recording or streaming their run.

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Damn thing ate my mechanical squirrel.

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Article from 2013

Wouldn't mind 2 or 3 of these patrolling the fences.

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kreeate
Article from 2013

Wouldn't mind 2 or 3 of these patrolling the fences.

Mr. Netanyahu?

top topics

join