It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what are ATS going to arming themselves with for the 4th

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

it sounds crazy but if you can get a tee shirt or sweater on you dog it will sooth him or at least help him get past the 4th with minimal distress

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 03:14 PM
link   
A good friend of mine in MI has a family island on Lake St. Claire (99 year lease kind of deal). They have a 4th party every year, and one of their friends has his fireworks license. So, he usually brings a literal 'boat load' of commercial fireworks. Then everyone spends the night of the 3rd and the day of the 4th digging-in all the schedule 80 steel pipes into the sand. Hundreds of 8", 10" and even 12" pipes!

When those 12" shells go off you can feel the thud of the mortar launch resonate through your body! Even sends a shockwave across the water. Some seriously hardcore fireworks, up close and personal like. The ground show is almost as good as the aerial show.

As for me this year; I'm just armed with a bunch of toxic rainbows and some attack unicorns!

...from my cold dead fingers!
edit on 6/20/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Beer and hotdogs mostly.

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I'm arming myself with sparklers

and ooohhhh snakes

and my grandkids call them alligators, they shoot sparks out their tails and move along the ground.

We are going to be well armed and have

a great time with the grandkids.

Their church's big fundraiser is fireworks sales

so we are going to really load up for the 4th!

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3
a reply to: RazorV66

it sounds crazy but if you can get a tee shirt or sweater on you dog it will sooth him or at least help him get past the 4th with minimal distress

Oh yeah we have a couple ThunderShirts for him.
He is 13 years old and he is getting a little better with the loud noises because I think his hearing is fading a little bit.
But we will get him through it ok, he has been like this for his entire life.

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: penroc3

My wife thinks I may have went a little overboard this year.

Not another Illodiumm p-36 explosive space modulator...sigh....
edit on 21000000pppm by yuppa because: forgot a word.

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I plan on getting about 50 lbs of tannerite and taking out some hogs.
The beer will flow like the mighty Missysip.

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Welcome to my party...

1:30+ is my favorite.

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I hate it when the neighbor kids are shooting bottle rockets off when there is a high risk of danger. There are so many pine trees around here that if it is dry, it is dangerous to use fireworks.

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Not really. I don't usually celebrate dependence day.

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

I've been a fan for a few years, to bad its all in German.

some of the places he goes to are beautiful landscapes

Yuppa:

no silly rabbits to blow it out this time.

RazorV66:
at 13 I'm surprised he can still hear for such an old man. jk I love old dogs.

rickymouse
In our neighborhood its kind of an unspoken rule that 10:30 is the cut off, and i live in upstate NY and the water content is always safe for fireworks.(so far)

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Mercy! You are going to have 'splotions!! Take video and post to this thread, por favor!

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: new_here

ill do my best, I'm the official lighter of the fireworks, I'm a pyro at heart and love all explosives lol.

but ill try to get some pics I just got a new iPhone 12 so hopefully that will work well at night for pictures.

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Since I am retired and no longer have a federal explosives permit or a blasters license the neighbors will not be blown away.

I loved the times i did crazy things like detonating a old MK-82 500 lb, General Purpose Bomb i found in the desert.
Or the miners 4th party where 3 months later the BATF investigators were going around town asking about who was at the party. a lot of guns and a lot of old explosives left over from mining.

We had contests on how high we could launch old car and truck tires with rims in the air.
and we packed enough explosives under a old car that the biggest piece we found was about 6 inches across.

At another miners 4th one of the miners went around the hill to make a phone call and found the county swat team setting up to raid a reported "militia training camp". We had the needed explosives permits and blasters licenses so We invited them to the party and passed out cold beer to the cops.

edit on 21-6-2021 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I'm already hearing fireworks going off every now and then.

People have been bottled up for so long, I predict this 4th will be WILD!

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 10:41 AM
link   

We used to light bottle rockets and throw them spinning through the air and avoid getting hit if they were facing us when the booster started. We would also do that with the bulbs that go into the tubes. Man, looking back, that was so stupid. I'll just sit around and force my dogs outside to piss since they'll be scared of all the explosions happening around us. My cousin makes and enters firework contests up north and he made me some cherry bombs. They're only the size of those little smoke bombs you get so I wasn't expecting much more than a little M-80 type of boom. So I lit one and tossed it out in my back yard, it rattled windows 4 houses down and I'm way out in the country. I still have about 10 left but I haven't lit one in about 5 years.

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Tore us up here as well! Woke up to loud thunder with some much needed rain 😁

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Nope. About twenty miles away. My Cousin has a large farm and he retired from doing blasting for strip mines. He wants to make some modifications to his property and plans on using the 4th as cover. The funny part is that we will even be legal.

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

We don't do it like that. By the numbers, safely.

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

originally posted by: JBurns

Our neighbors to the West really know how to throw a party

Watching to the north last night, looked like mother nature was cracking that sky for 40 mins! G'zus there was a strike every 2 to 3 seconds! 😥😥🌩⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡

Also Phantoms Fireworks

I was talking to a couple of my buddies in Illinois last night and they said the same thing, and had tornado sirens going off.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join