It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First 2 B-21's Complete

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 06:27 PM
link   
The first 2 B-21's are ready for testing. Exciting times!

B-21

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: peter_kandra

We paid that much for these and they look to be the same thing as the original stealth bomber. Great job America

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: HONROC

We paid that much for these and they look to be the same thing as the original stealth bomber. Great job America

Well, in today's modern world I'm just happy to read it's on schedule and within budget.

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

I can't wait until our military rolls out the tic tac and says, "umm, yeah, it was ours all along"

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 06:44 PM
link   

I can't wait until our military rolls out the tic tac and says, "umm, yeah, it was ours all along"

Codename: Orange Burst!

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 06:44 PM
link   

What were you expecting, a flying cube? It’s that shape for a reason

See it like this, ever watched motorsport ? Indy car racing or formula one ? How little do the vehicles change in shape. They don’t because they are designed as best as they can for aerodynamics. It’s the same principle albeit much more in depth with the B-21. Plus it’s not what’s on the outside but the technology on the inside would probably blow everything the airforce currently has out the water
edit on 9-6-2021 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Codename 1 1/2 Calorie

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

Actually , if you look at the history of motorsports the cars have changed shape drastically, not sure what you are talking about

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: HONROC

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, or looking at. The flying wing is already inherently stealthy, so any stealth bomber is going to be a flying wing design. If you want maximum stealth, you need a design that has no vertical fins, no right angles, and easily hidden IR signatures. That means flying wing. Flying wing means that it's going to look exactly like the B-2. That's where the similarities end. The B-21 is so much stealthier than a B-2 that it isn't even funny. It's going to be far more effective, because it's optimized against VHF radars, as well as x band radars. It's going to be the closest to all aspect stealth that we've seen to date.

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 06:57 PM
link   

That’s because if you read the caption in the picture in the link it tells you that the picture is in fact of a B2. Just saying

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

The basic planform released by the Air Force is actually almost identical to the original ATB before they changed the requirement for the B-2, and added a low level penetration capability.

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Well that answers that

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

It makes me curious to the next big innovation of stealth design is going to be. The flying wing is cool but I wonder what innovations in the future will be made and what they will look like. I always liked the design of the f-117s too.

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 07:12 PM
link   

All aspect stealth. We're very close to seeing it for the first time. And once that's the case, there's going to be another revolution in stealth that changes everything again.

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 07:13 PM
link   

My guess is it will look like a tic tac

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 07:16 PM
link   

I’m still surprised they don’t have stealth low orbit earth aircraft that has the ability to fire air to space missles that destroys tracking satellite systems. Where the craft fires up n not down.

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: HONROC

Yes, you're right. They're going to be tic tacs that can do all kinds of magical things, even better than the super incredible TR3B.

(Yes, just in case anyone can't figure it out, I'm being sarcastic as hell)

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 07:20 PM
link   

So was I, apparently you can't detect sarcasm yourself

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 07:21 PM
link   

They tried launching low visibility satellites years ago and ran into issues once they were in orbit. They'd be better off with aircraft launched ASAT systems, like the ASM-135. It was the height of stupidity to declare that a treaty violation and cancel it.

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I don’t know anything about those I’ll have to find an easy to read article about it but it sounds interesting

top topics

<<   2 >>

join