It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Look At New Zealand & COVID

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 08:37 AM
link   
The first notable thing is that New Zealand has beaten COVID without large vaccination numbers, in fact they are tiny.

People fully vaccinated
% of population: 4.7%

Total cases from 2020 onward.

Deaths 2020 onward

New cases in the last week or so 14

Source

Now it is an Island so when they close traffic down to the rest of the world and isolate as one big group that has to help, but my biggest take away is they have largely beaten this thing without massive vaccinations.

If I lived in New Zealand I would not take the vaccination the risk verses reward is just not there, it's not logical.
edit on 7-6-2021 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

The UK is also an island (more than one).
What a difference it makes to actually stop new infections arriving.
Apparently, "important" (rich) business people are completely immune and non infectious so they could come and go.
People from countries with scary variants can come and go .
Illegal immigrants can come and go.

But all cases are absolutely the fault of us filthy residents who have to stay home and rot.

Almost like it's some kind of plan.....eh Boris?

But im just a crazy Internet conspiracy theorist off the Internet.
Best to ignore me and OBEY THE SUPER GENIUS GOVERNMENT!!!

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

Did they shut the Chunnel down from France to Great Britain ?

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I honestly have no idea.
Not heard anything about it except for the French asking for more money which I think has been denied (for now, at least).
If they did shut it down it will have been on our side only.

Edit here....it's been open but you need to book 24 hours in advance, have a good reason to travel and I think a negative test has to be proven.

In true prison style, you have to stay in but you are allowed visitors.

Apologies for ranting in your thread but some visitors (family) have been here for a couple of days and they're fully converted to the branch covidian cult. Had to bite my tongue while they regurgitated every MSM/ government propaganda fear poop and some they made up themselves.
I'm relieved I won't see them for a while.

Basically, whatever worked out well for New Zealand. ....we did the exact opposite.

edit on 762021 by Tulpa because: Added info.

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 10:01 AM
link   

I hear you, I am biting my tongue lots these days as well, with family and friends and co-workers.

I keep saying to myself no matter how much pressure comes to bear "let them be the phase four Beta testers"

I was just reading that on average a proper vaccine takes 12 years to develop, that's why I am not an anti-vaxxer.
I have taken vaccinations in the past and would take properly vetted phase 4 completed vaccines in the future.

This was too fast, and there are more side effects to people than normal, some serious.

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 10:06 AM
link   

I'm pretty much on the same page.

The strength of the propaganda and conditioning is overwhelming for the majority, though.

I always say that if it all goes down the pan, it won't be a jackboot through the door at 5 am.

Your friends, neighbours and family will get you first.

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 10:08 AM
link   
My takeaway is that for some reason they are not participating in the bulls*** reporting that so many other countries are. If in the US - for example - if they were reporting actual deaths caused by the WuFlu, I bet we'd see similar numbers.

When medical professionals are reporting gunshot deaths (see her e and here) as WuFlu deaths, you have falsely inflated numbers that destroy the integrity of the medical profession and drive a politically motivated narrative.
:
edit on 2021 6 07 by incoserv because: typo.

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Or maybe they're participating in a different way.

Maybe they're the control group for what happens in a bio-warfare situation if everyone actually stays home due to a monetary incentive and super strict rules.

Probably not, but why not speculate.

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
a reply to: incoserv

Or maybe they're participating in a different way.

Maybe they're the control group for what happens in a bio-warfare situation if everyone actually stays home due to a monetary incentive and super strict rules.

Probably not, but why not speculate.

I could see them being a control group. Hell, I think that there are control groups all over the world.

I have friends in Peru and they were subjected to some of the most draconian rules imaginable. Control group? Yep.

Victoria, Australia ... Control group? Yep.

Why not New Zealand?

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

The strength of the propaganda and conditioning is overwhelming for the majority, though.

I always say that if it all goes down the pan, it won't be a jackboot through the door at 5 am.

This is the sad but true part of it.

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 11:29 AM
link   

It's still a jackboot, just in disguise.

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Apparently Boris just came on the TV and said any UK resident can travel to all the EU countries that voted for us in the Eurovision contest.

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Apparently Boris just came on the TV and said any UK resident can travel to all the EU countries that voted for us in the Eurovision contest.

That's a shame.

I always wanted to go to Finland to see if everyone there looks like Lordi!

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 03:45 PM
link   

The UK is also an island (more than one).
What a difference it makes to actually stop new infections arriving.
Apparently, "important" (rich) business people are completely immune and non infectious so they could come and go.
People from countries with scary variants can come and go .
Illegal immigrants can come and go.

But all cases are absolutely the fault of us filthy residents who have to stay home and rot.

Almost like it's some kind of plan.....eh Boris?

But im just a crazy Internet conspiracy theorist off the Internet.
Best to ignore me and OBEY THE SUPER GENIUS GOVERNMENT!!!

I think that New Zealand's success has been the rapidity of the response. Within hours of confirmation of community cases, lockdowns were in place. And with contact tracing and an overly cautious approach, the lockdowns were not of long duration, either.

If the response had been slower, those few community cases would have spread and epidemics compound mathematically. So it is vital to 'go hard' against any cases and then you can ease up when you are sure that the situation is contained.

As a New Zealander, I am still scanning the QR codes almost everywhere, and I have observed many others doing the same, but it feels like there is less urgency to do so now. The thing is that the vaccination will allow us to leave such actions behind and return to normalcy with some security. The NZ government has secured sufficient Pfizer vaccine to vaccinate the entire country, and this is still being organized in an orderly roll out, but there is no urgency (except for the 'shelf-life' of the vaccine).

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Be careful posting common sense.

Look, it's clear there was undue hype surrounding Covid. MSM would not exist if it were not for the fearful and easily persuaded people that still think MSM is a good guy.

Orange Man Good, MSM Bad.
Covid proved that.

As far as New Zealand goes, it happens to be a land filled more people that are awake compared to those that be woke.

Viruses come and go. Mankind has managed to survive to this point, and look at the living conditions in some countries. I'd appreciate MSM more if they'd focus on hygiene and common sense practices like shutting down buffet bars. Pigs do the buffet bar thing, humans should not. Besides obesity being a common result of a buffet bar, think of the germs spread by those not hygienic.

Of course the same could be said about people hittin' up a drive thru to get a bag of food prepared by a high schooler who's brain is focused on the poonanner 24/7. Yeah, let THAT guy make my food....

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Just closing the borders would've been a good idea for the UK.
The usual screech crowd had to understand the logic there but they still said it's just racist.

Makes zero sense to keep folk in lock down when there's regular, if fewer, flights coming here from all over.

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 05:10 PM
link   
They probably eat a lot of Kiwi fruit over there in New Zealand. It grows well over there. The enzyme in kiwi destroys the enzyme that the virus makes to get entrance into your cells. I like grapefruit myself, but it takes a whole small grapefruit to give you protection from the virus for three days or so while a single kiwi can have that effect and it lasts a couple of days, the kiwi fruit is small and not very expensive.. Kiwi tickles my throat, I can eat a little but not much.

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
They probably eat a lot of Kiwi fruit over there in New Zealand. It grows well over there. The enzyme in kiwi destroys the enzyme that the virus makes to get entrance into your cells. I like grapefruit myself, but it takes a whole small grapefruit to give you protection from the virus for three days or so while a single kiwi can have that effect and it lasts a couple of days, the kiwi fruit is small and not very expensive.. Kiwi tickles my throat, I can eat a little but not much.

Plant hormones are used to regulate the growth of Kiwifruit, which aren't actually native to New Zealand (Chinese Gooseberry). The 'Kiwifruit' label is just marketing.

Usual chems are: 3-Indole butyric acid IBA (acutely toxic to humans), 2-(Dimethylamino)ethyl methacrylate DA-6 (irritant), Gibberellin Gibberellic acid GA3 (non-toxic), α-Naphthylacetic acid NAA (corrosive, irritant) and Forchlorfenuron KT-30 CPPU (health hazard, environmental hazard).

When adjacent properties are locked off from access, even access by their owners, because of 'spraying' at adjacent Kiwifruit orchards, you get the impression that there is something decidedly unhealthy about commercial Kiwifruit.

edit on 7/6/2021 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Yeah, they use a lot of chemicals on our food when growing. I would rather have strawberries than kiwi. Strawberries seem to share some taste to kiwi somehow. I do like the DR. Mudges recipe that the wife makes, kiwi, grapefruit and oranges. It will destroy a virus quickly if you make it when you first start getting sick and there are viruses floating around.

There are so many food chemistries that destroy this virus that they have tried to design pharmaceuticals off of that I eat pretty regularly. Even the enzyme that is in egg white and yellow that keeps the egg from turning hard destroys this virus, that protease destroyed when you heat the egg and the boiled egg turns rubbery. The old saying to put a raw egg in a beer actually helps to destroy viruses because of the protease in the egg. That proteinase is used to help form the chick during formation.

They are hiding a lot of stuff from the public, I just know how to look for it and for some strange reason lately, if you want the whole articles you have to pay for it now...the summary does not talk about hardly anything. I am not going to pay forty bucks to read a research article our government actually paid to have done, Obama made these articles available, but in the last six months, more and more are being sold to big companies to charge for them when we paid for them already.

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 12:37 AM
link   
New Zealand have done really well in managing the virus. It’s a much smaller population than Australia, which helps.

What irritated me the most the Australian government should have set a deadline for expats or tourists well after we started having our breaks of the virus,such as the 30th June 2020.

Give 2 months notice for expats and travellers to return home which was made easier as airlines were willing to bring travel dates forward at no cost to help people return back to australia, otherwise if you don’t return Youcan’t get backin until the borders re-open and shut the international border for 2 years.

and then don’t have the nerve to bitch when airlines are charging you $6000 for a one way ticket home, you preferred to live overseas and want to return at your convenience, no you cop it sweet if you did not take up the offer to come home with no extra charge by the airline.

As it has been proven we have had many outbreaks from returned travellers, and the hotel quarantine is not working though costing taxpayers huge sums to operate.

Though I live in Victoria and it’s no fun when at the sign of a cough the state gets shutdown.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join