It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secrets of Silicon Valley.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2021 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Thought this was a pretty fascinating romp through the history of Silicon Valley and its Pentagon / alphabet agency connections - (D)ARPA's birthing of the internet is also covered.. as are the shady roots of 'popular' sites like Google and Facebook.

Would be interested in folk's opinion on the content of the vid.

The Secrets of Silicon Valley: What Big Tech Doesn’t Want You to Know

Video

In fact, it would be more surprising to find a major Silicon Valley company that was not connected to the US military or to the US intelligence agencies one way or another. 

• Specific links to further research are also found at the link and really wasn't that surprised to learn that former Google CEO Eric Schmidt is now the Chairman of the Pentagon’s DIB.. and is also on the Bilderberg steering committee.. and is also a member of the Trilateral Commission.

edit on 4-6-2021 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2021 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

Eric Schmidt is c👁a

c👁a owns everything you can imagine through shell corporations and controlled company assets.

Remember that part of the matrix where agent smith took over reality?

It's a documentary

posted on Jun, 4 2021 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Eric is likely still only local admin. Did humans help AI build all of this? And how big is the network?

posted on Jun, 4 2021 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
Remember that part of the matrix where agent smith took over reality?

It's a documentary

We're living in a simulated reality and Elon Musk is The Architect.

Best purchase one of his battery powered mini subs now.

edit on 4-6-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: dey terk er election

posted on Jun, 4 2021 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

Ah yes mate here he is talking at Davos.

The World Economic Forum always does seem to pop up when looking into the subject of 'privatisation of the state by technocracy'.

Vid

Cheers.

posted on Jun, 4 2021 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I didn't watch the video but looked up the subject on youtube and listened to a couple lectures. I was born in Silicon Valley in 1952. (Cupertino) I experienced the shift from the defense phase to the integrated circuits phase. There was Lockhead and Johnson Military plane builder and other military stuff. I think there was another big one there too. Then the computer phase intermixed with military electronics began being built and as AI increased the physical side of military industries decreased. I don't think the military has ever stopped working with AI. I think it is international also. I worked at "Qual-Tronics" in San Jose. They built computer parts for those huge room long computers in 1971. In 1972 I applied for a job in Palo Alto that supplied thousands of parts to nearby AI companies. It was a gold rush after that. Cupertino transformed from a "Leave to Beaver" suburb to a mega industrial park. That's when I left. As far as the spy vs. spy intrigue I really don't have an opinion.
edit on 5512021Fri, 04 Jun 2021 07:14:45 -05001445551am0416 by BorisBadInOff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2021 @ 07:13 AM
link   

wow. just wow. great post.

posted on Jun, 4 2021 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: karl 12
Thought this was a pretty fascinating romp through the history of Silicon Valley and its Pentagon / alphabet agency connections - (D)ARPA's birthing of the internet is also covered.. as are the shady roots of 'popular' sites like Google and Facebook.

Would be interested in folk's opinion on the content of the vid.

The Secrets of Silicon Valley: What Big Tech Doesn’t Want You to Know

Video

In fact, it would be more surprising to find a major Silicon Valley company that was not connected to the US military or to the US intelligence agencies one way or another. 

• Specific links to further research are also found at the link and really wasn't that surprised to learn that former Google CEO Eric Schmidt is now the Chairman of the Pentagon’s DIB.. and is also on the Bilderberg steering committee.. and is also a member of the Trilateral Commission.

Stanford has deep ties to JPL, CIA. Stanford was one of the facilities that performed MK ULTRA experiments.

posted on Jun, 4 2021 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: rounda

Stanford has deep ties to JPL, CIA. Stanford was one of the facilities that performed MK ULTRA experiments.

Yes mate, well said and that place really does seem to be at the root of lots of shady (and highly disturbing) research - never fails to amaze me just how many 'eugenic' connections get thrown up as well.

Read Walter Bowart's book earlier this year and thought it was a very good one - there's a free copy here if you're interested - also a link to related archived CIA documents.

Regarding Silicon Valley, haven't read Yasha Levine's book 'Surveillance Valley: The Secret Military History of the Internet' but here he is discussing it.

"Today the counterinsurgency origins of the internet have been obscured. They’ve been lost for the most part. Very few histories even mention it, even in a little bit. But at the time that it was being created in the 1960s, the origins of the internet and the origins of this technology as a tool of surveillance and as a tool of control were very obvious to people back then".

posted on Jun, 4 2021 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthJava

Well thanks very much TruthJava, if you're interested in some pretty deep speculation then also thought this lady raised quite a few important points.

Big Tech are very afraid of this woman

Cheers.

posted on Jun, 4 2021 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Thanks Karl. Good video as you said.
In line with the summary there at the end of the video, that from the outset this whole thing has been the development of surveillance and tracking of anyone who might be or become a threat to the ''system'' , that we are listened to and recorded and that everything we say and do can be evaluated as to our possible threat, I would like to say, ahem, I"m in complete agreement with it's necessity.

At the beginning of the video there is an introduction that generally says that most people believe that this whole internet and high tech trend is just a natural product of human development. That it just happened. But that in reality it did not ''just happen'' but was controlled by aspects of our government and military needs.

The part of the video that had Yasha Levine's speech was interesting. That the turmoil and unrest of the late 1960s developed a concern among the upper ranks of the military that those youth were being controlled by Russian controllers to create that unrest needed to be addressed. By surveillance. A valid concern at that time I suppose. These developments were conceived as ''protection'' for the people of America, to protect the stability of the Union. Again, valid and understandably natural motivations.

But my question here is just when, or where and most importantly ''why'' did that motivation for the protection of American freedoms morph into the repression of freedoms that the video points to. I have no answer to that.

Another point of interest to me presented by the video is the point that is emphasized there near the end. That this whole ''network'' is a combination of government and big business control. Smart young entrepreneurs working within major collegiate research and development programs are invested in by one or another of the national security agencies. These young researchers then, leave those collegiate umbrellas and take the ''science'' the innovations that they developed there, and start their own companies and become filthy rich. Quite an incentive to ''tow the line''.

But back to the ''ahem'' moment.To demonstrate that I really am no threat to this surveillance system that surely has at least one observer keeping an eye on ATS, I would like to add, ''just where Does the ''reverse engineering '' of alien tech fit into this whole equation ?

posted on Jun, 4 2021 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

''just where Does the ''reverse engineering '' of alien tech fit into this whole equation ?

I reverse engineered my own spaceship.
When I click the radio it turns on the a.c.

posted on Jun, 4 2021 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Thanks Karl. Good video as you said.

Ahem.. thanks Terry.

At the beginning of the video there is an introduction that generally says that most people believe that this whole internet and high tech trend is just a natural product of human development.

I'm sure most people do believe that it was just organic development mate and that's certainly how it looks to have been sold via the mainstream.

But that in reality it did not ''just happen'' but was controlled by aspects of our government and military needs.

Yes, it really does look that way.

The part of the video that had Yasha Levine's speech was interesting. That the turmoil and unrest of the late 1960s developed a concern among the upper ranks of the military that those youth were being controlled by Russian controllers to create that unrest needed to be addressed.

Don't know about other aspects but when it comes to the turmoil of the late sixties counter-culture revolution thought there was a very relevant interview here about how many of the prime movers and shakers held very close connections to the military / intelligence community.

Could be wrong but perhaps the societal upheaval was just manufactured that way as justification for the tech they wanted to implement?

But my question here is just when, or where and most importantly ''why'' did that motivation for the protection of American freedoms morph into the repression of freedoms that the video points to.

Don't know about either of those but when it comes to 'control' there does seem have been gradual continuity towards a technocratic, transhumanist end product.

Don't know if you've seen this latest Canadian government document but there's also a relevant vid here about invasive brainchipping technology they are wanting to mass implement.

Looks like the Trilateral eugenicists over at the WEC and Bilderberg are now being quite open about their plans.

edit on 4-6-2021 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2021 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Can remember somewhere back in the early Covid™ Scamdemic : we were seeing scary vids supposedly leaked out of China™, and we were all on pins and needles waiting for the WHO™ to make statements, or declare a pandemic.
Some big-shot from the WHO™, (not Teddy™), went to the USA™ for a big meeting.

Except the meeting wasn't in Washington™, with public health-officials : it was in the Silicon-Valley™, with the usual list of suspects...

Maybe it's just like Hollywood™ : where public-relations is more important than reality ?

posted on Jun, 5 2021 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

Great point mate and apparently 'big tech' has very close affiliations to China.

There are also serious concerns that the WHO has very close affiliations to China.

Also found it a bit odd that the October '2019-nCoV' simulation was supported by the CIA, the World Economic Forum and the Gates Foundation.

Private sector initiative. Participation of corporate execs, foundations, financial institutions, Banks, Big Pharma, CIA, CDC, China’s CDC. No health officials (with exception of CDC and China CDC) present on behalf of national governments or the WHO.

originally posted by: Nothin

Maybe it's just like Hollywood™ : where public-relations is more important than reality ?

Maybe it absolutely is mate and apparently 'perception management' is the new propaganda phrase for.. propaganda.

Apparently in 2013 the U.S. Government abolished the domestic dissemination ban so now it's perfectly legal for them to do it.

posted on Jun, 5 2021 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Further info found at link but more research below on the 'information-industrial complex.'

But how many people know the flip side of this coin, the one that demonstrates the pervasive government influence in shaping and directing these companies’ rise to success, and the companies’ efforts to aid the government in collecting data on its own citizens?

How many know, for instance, that Google has a publicly acknowledged relationship with the NSA? Or that a federal judge has ruled that the public does not have the right to know the details of that relationship? Or that Google Earth was originally the brainchild of Keyhole Inc., a company that was set up by the CIA’s own venture capital firm, In-Q-Tel, using satellite data harvested from government Keyhole-class reconnaissance satellites? Or that the former CEO of In-Q-Tel, Gilman Louie, sat on the board of the National Venture Capital Association with Jim Breyer, head of Accel Partners, who provided $12 million of seed money for Facebook? Or that, in 1999, a back door for NSA access was discovered in Microsoft’s Windows operating system source code? Or that Apple founder Steve Jobs was granted security clearance by the Department of Defense for still-undisclosed reasons while heading Pixar in 1988, as was the former head of AT&T and numerous others in the tech industry?

The connections between the IT world and the government’s military and intelligence apparatus run deep. In fact, the development of the IT industry is intimately intertwined with the US Air Force, the Department of Defense and its various branches (including, famously, DARPA), and, of course, the CIA.

A cursory glance at the history of the rise of companies like Mitre Corporation, Oracle, and other household electronics and software firms should suffice to expose the extent of these relations and the existence of what we might dub an “information-industrial complex.”

The Information Industrial Complex

posted on Jun, 5 2021 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire
If you think your not a threat, you probably were already visited and didn’t even know it. And if you weren’t then there’s nothing to be worried about.

posted on Jun, 5 2021 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: 38181

Reminded me of this pic.

edit on 5-6-2021 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2021 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: 38181

I"m pretty sure you are right. Back in 1969 my name ended up on a CIA ''watch list'', long story so I won't dwell on that.
That caused me some problems back then, changed the course of my life' progress but I moved on.
I figure they know who I am and where I am, just like everyone else these days and should they want, come and get me or any of us for that matter, but no one has, no one cares. So I just poke away at the keys placing more meaningless drivel on an innocuous forum.

posted on Jun, 5 2021 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Hi Kindergarten-to-Grade-Twelve.
Would like to take the time to thank you for all of the content you bring to us, in your threads and posts.
Am sure you know that there are many more that read, and don't comment, nor even star-and-flag.
It's great that you often post links, to some of ATS's most compelling threads.

Also think that many would-be thread creators, might study some of your threads, for several different reasons.
Great variety, and many sources that resonate with me as well.

First being bringing links and quotes from various types of sources, and often continuing to supply links and info in your replies.

Perhaps that is one of the reasons there seem to be less trolling in your threads, than elsewhere on this site.
We might see the occasional juvenile-troll, or would-be shill : but not the multiple tag-team attacks and distractions, we are seeing in so many threads.

Raise my coolie to you !

top topics

<<   2 >>

join