It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cold Spell

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2021 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ICycle2

I will say it has been nice with the cooler weather where I am, then again I chalked a lot of that up to moving away from a heat island city to the middle of the country. Interesting to see the trend continue.

posted on Jun, 4 2021 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Well said

posted on Jun, 4 2021 @ 12:58 PM
link   
It's June and I haven't been able to safely put fish in my outdoor tub pond yet. That never happens. They are always out by now.

To me, the winters may not be hideously cold or super snowy, but spring and summer have arrived later and later these past few years.

posted on Jun, 4 2021 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

The world will adapt towards whatever the Sun throw at us. Durban in South Africa and Adelaide in Australia are two of the many other positions that are suited to always have a certain temperament climate due to the spinning of the Earth.

Maybe you can read my 100 000 cycle final upgrade that will be posted within a week. Sorry for the time period but some extensive coding need to be done to make it user friendly on ATS as it was for personal information to learn but posted in different threads along the way.

edit on 1C212021-06-04T13:07:59-05:00FridayAmerica/Chicago2 by ICycle2 because: Mistakes

posted on Jun, 4 2021 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

'Al Gore Weather'

posted on Jun, 4 2021 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2
Define 'periods'. It is going on much longer than, say, days or weeks.
"Climate normals" are established over a period of 30 years, so even a year or two is relatively short compared to 30 years.

What’s the Difference Between Weather and Climate?

When scientists talk about climate, they're often looking at averages of precipitation, temperature, humidity, sunshine, wind, and other measures of weather that occur over a long period in a particular place. In some instances, they might look at these averages over 30 years. And, we refer to these three-decade averages of weather observations as Climate Normals.

One source of variance from the climate normals are events called El Niño and La Niña which usually last about a year but they can last for years.

oceanservice.noaa.gov...

Episodes of El Niño and La Niña typically last nine to 12 months, but can sometimes last for years. El Niño and La Niña events occur every two to seven years, on average, but they don’t occur on a regular schedule. Generally, El Niño occurs more frequently than La Niña.

This year there is reportedly a La Niña event:

www.axios.com...

With a moderate La Niña event in the tropical Pacific Ocean, global temperatures in 2021 are running decidedly cooler when compared to recent years.

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 04:59 AM
link   

I have no idea what you mean by 'Jovian planets'. Jove refers to Jupiter, which the Romans knew about. They did not know about Uranus and Neptune.
As for the rest of this thread *groan* - more nonsense denying global climate change, right?
I despair.

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

I have no idea what you mean by 'Jovian planets'. Jove refers to Jupiter, which the Romans knew about. They did not know about Uranus and Neptune.
Yes, it is a reference to Jupiter which means "Jupiter-like" planets, the outer gas giants, which you could have found out had you googled 'Jovian planets'.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join