It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I was given a Warning

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2021 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Said warning was on a listed thread, but no other information. What did I do "wrong" in the eyes of an anonymous accuser? I have no idea except that my viewpoint on the subject runs counter to the politically correct view espoused by most "woke" people here on ATS. I suspect I "offended" some snowflake, but I really don't know. And since it says, "Do not reply to this U2U" I am stuck out here in limbo. Further, since the U2U notification DOES NOT WORK and has not for years now, I have no idea how long this notice has been there. Next, the message says 500 points have been deducted. Now I ask you, WHERE in ATS is there even any mention of "points." I used to get points for "good posts" but no one awards them any more. Since my "awarded" posts were over 200 at 500 points per, I'm not too worried about losing points that don't count anyway. Points have no effective value.

I've been here a long time. Look at my stats. You have an authoritarian Kafkaesque web site here with no recourse for the accused. New ownership apparently has not changed that. The same people are here still pushing others around. Too bad. It's why I don't come here much any more. You need to change into something other than a "cranky conspiracy site" (not my term,) otherwise you will continue your spiral to irrelevance. Nobody has to put up with this.

posted on Jun, 3 2021 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

If you ask the Moderator that spanked you they will tell you what the issue was. Not that I know about this firsthand, of course, I've never gotten a warning. Not even last Tuesday.

And the points were for the ATS Store, don't you remember that thing?

link   
I've never opened my mail and I've been a user of ats for 20 years . Before I lost my original account I was a writer and had so many points , it was just something else but you know what none of it meant anything . So when I opened my mail apparently I've gotten warnings to and lost over 500 points are even more who knows . Apparently if you're not pro q you risk losing points. Points that are meaningless. a reply to: schuyler

edit on 3-6-2021 by MayRenee because: (no reason given)

link   
It happens to me also. Don't take life so serious is my humble advice.

posted on Jun, 3 2021 @ 01:45 PM
link   

ATS was great when it was a cranky conspiracy site.

The problem is the permanently angry, permanently victimised posters who have trouble dealing with 2021.

And no, there is no excuse for reporting someone. Don't take it personally; feel sorry for the sad, inderior barstard who accused you.

posted on Jun, 3 2021 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

They came to my house and hit me with rolled up newspapers then stole all the peanut butter.

.......at least, I think it was them.

posted on Jun, 3 2021 @ 01:47 PM
link   
19 *million* stars? Great googly moogly! I was rejoicing when I hit 100 yesterday!

posted on Jun, 3 2021 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa
They came to my house and hit me with rolled up newspapers then stole all the peanut butter.

.......at least, I think it was them.

Was it a fat man in a pig mask? If yes, then it was DB.

edit on 3-6-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer

posted on Jun, 3 2021 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Were you the one in the diving suit and kilt?

posted on Jun, 3 2021 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese

ATS was great when it was a cranky conspiracy site.

The problem is the permanently angry, permanently victimised posters who have trouble dealing with 2021.

And no, there is no excuse for reporting someone. Don't take it personally; feel sorry for the sad, inderior barstard who accused you.

Exactly this

There is no excuse for reporting someone

Banning, blocking, doxxing, reporting, all the acts of inferior losers who can’t accept that other opinions exist

Nobody has the right to not be offended

posted on Jun, 3 2021 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Maybe. Did you like the cat o' nine tails?

link   
I reported you for bad breath. Did you know holding your farts in can cause the gas that would otherwise be depleted out the booty-hole to exit the body via the lungs? True story...I saw it on TikTok.

link   
a reply to: Tulpa

Nah,he was probably wearing a toga and sandals.

posted on Jun, 3 2021 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Cat of nine tails? Please tell me no cats were injured
to make up those nine tails?

posted on Jun, 3 2021 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Maybe. Did you like the cat o' nine tails?

Meh. ....it was OK.

Next time don't park in the flower beds.

There's a perfectly good lawn you know!

posted on Jun, 3 2021 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I have no idea how long this notice has been there.

I just checked my mail and my list of warnings. I don't know why I don't delete them! LOL Anyway, they do have a date on them.

Usually, for me, warnings come with a post removal, which is sent in a separate U2U. But, sometimes, they're just a mod warning you that things are getting a little too heated in some discussion you're having.

I've had a mod enter a thread just to tell me to check my mail, so, that I would get the message and knock that # off!

edit on 3-6-2021 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2021 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
Please tell me no cats were injured
to make up those nine tails?

Of course there were, they didn't heed the warnings. Next up: posting bans.

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS POST!!!

posted on Jun, 3 2021 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

It has to be your charming personality.I have only had
a handful of warnings the whole time I've been here.I
do check everyday to see if I got caught doing anything
naughty.

posted on Jun, 3 2021 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I am replying to your post what are you going to do about it?

posted on Jun, 3 2021 @ 02:02 PM
link   

The new owners are still getting their ATS sea legs. Still learning and adjusting.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join