It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anything to say about the covid vaccine or virus..your thoughts, questions, statements.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2021 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: zatara

I read somewhere that this covid vaccine is a new technology... How does this work then...? Do all manufacturers of the vaccine use this new tech? So there is no patent on this technology? Why can the different companies not make the same vaccine...because of the patent?

Now I am confused, anybody?

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: zatara

It's not clear to me how that works.

Iirc, the ones in Canada were similar enough for us to mix and match doses. I wondered how that would work out, I don't think the WHO had suggested that back then. I was concerned that would cause issues. At best, travelling would be more complex in the beginning.

In the bigger picture, there has been an incredible amount of collaboration bringing these options to the public. I believe most of what is available in North America and in the UK is very similar.

I don't plan on travelling, so have not really investigated the issue. My dad brought up some of the hurdles for Canadians looking to travel. He was under the impression that we needed a couple of Pfizer shots to go down there. I asked him about those of us who have only one of those. He said they wanted you to have both.

Some time has gone by, perhaps someone else will chime in?

edit on 16-10-2021 by dffrntkndfnml because: spacing, grammar

edit on 16-10-2021 by dffrntkndfnml because: added part about bigger picture

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: dffrntkndfnml

According to the CDC here in America, the vaccines are not interchangeable. Here's a quote from their website.

COVID-19 vaccines are not interchangeable. The safety and effectiveness of a mixed-product series have not been evaluated. Therefore, make every effort to determine which vaccine product was administered as the first dose to ensure your patient completes the vaccine series with the same product. In exceptional situations: When the vaccine product given for the first dose cannot be determined or is no longer available, you may administer any available mRNA COVID-19 vaccine, with a minimum of 28 days between doses.

www.cdc.gov...

Here in America we have Pfizer, Moderna and J&J. It says on the CDC website that the only contraindication to receiving Pfizer and Moderna is an allergy to PEG or Polysorbate and if you have that allergy you should get the J&J vaccine instead. Also according to the CDC nobody should get an antibody test because we don't know if they work. This is all publicly available information on government websites.

Antibody tests for COVID-19 look for the presence of antibodies made in response to a previous infection or vaccination. They are an indicator of the body’s efforts to fight off the SARS-CoV-2 virus. None of the currently authorized SARS-CoV-2 antibody testsexternal icon have been validated to evaluate specific immunity or protection from SARS-CoV-2 infection.

Antibody testing is NOT currently recommended to assess

Immunity to COVID-19 following COVID-19 vaccination
The need for vaccination in an unvaccinated person
There are several issues to consider when interpreting an antibody test for SARS-CoV-2 infection:

Scientists have not yet established a serologic correlate of protection, which is the measurable threshold above which a person is protected against SARS-CoV-2 infection. This makes it difficult to interpret how laboratory results might translate to clinical protection.
Antibody testing does not evaluate the cellular immune response, which may also play a role in vaccine-mediated protection.
Vaccines trigger antibodies to specific viral protein targets. Currently authorized/approved COVID-19 vaccines induce antibodies to the spike protein but not to the nucleocapsid protein, which is likely detected only after a natural infection with SARS-CoV-2. Therefore, COVID-19-vaccinated people who have not had previous natural infection will receive a negative antibody test result if the antibody test is designed to detect nucleocapsid protein.
Antibody tests have different levels of sensitivity (i.e., the true positive rate, or ability to identify people with antibodies to SARS-CoV-2) and specificity (i.e., the true negative rate, or ability to identify those without antibodies to SARS-CoV-2).

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: dffrntkndfnml

For Canadians i heard from someone the Canadian govt lied to people/travelers when they said that there is no quarantine for vaxed travelers.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Chalcedony

I think we had the same options, most people I know got Pfizer. I remember questioning them being mixed, I was mostly speculating.

I think mix dosing may have been happening as a result of shortages or fears of people falling victim to coronavirus before getting their second dose. Thanks for the info.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Some interesting stuff has been happening lately.

I felt happy to get back to work after Reconciliation Day. I really enjoy the team we have at the company I've been working for. I had been patiently waiting a couple of months most specifically to work with them. They have lots of work coming up, and I've learned so much with this crew. I have garnered some priceless insights, and a friend I look up to has been giving me a ride each day. I love him and admire the way about him.

It was good to recharge my batteries for a couple of months. My supervisor felt disappointed with the setbacks on upcoming sites that were coming up.

There's high demand for rodbusters at moment. There's work, I preferred to rest. I was hopeful that I could enjoy my blessings atm and grow with the guys where I was working. It was unclear when things would pick up.

I have had plenty of time to examine the probabilities moving forward and felt confident in my plans. I am willing to fight a losing battle for what matters to me.

That being said, a part of me is very naive. I know this and question myself on the regular, lol. I see many things, but I guess it depends what you look at. My perceptions are curious.

For a variety of reasons, I am at my limits financially. I'm willing to sacrifice a lot and have been patient with my goals to get out of debt. As long as I work safe and look after myself, my career has opportunities to money up quickly.

It can be painful though. I'm in a vulnerable position. I've cut right down to the bone with my plans. I've been tempted to take up opportunities I'd rather not, and understand that for many the scales have been tipping all over the place.

The last couple of years have pushed people's limits on all levels, at an accelerated pace. The winds are shifting quickly, it's prudent to practice being proactive about weathering the storm.

After time off, I planned on working some hospitality on the weekends. I love relationships and felt it would be a good way to enjoy that scene while boosting my budget. Each of the holidays fell on weekdays, and I would most likely be getting tons of hours at work anyways.

My mom is a rock and has bent over backwards to help me. I've been through a lot, and she worries about me pushing my limits. Thing is, you never know how tall you are until you're in over your head

I procrastinated for a few months, talking to her. Idk, I talked to a therapist who reassured me. The key point I got out of the conversation was that I could feel confident talking to her first before working on the weekends.

Part of the reason I held back was that I had more debt than I told her about. I feel close to her, though some past events have gone dramatically wrong in unexpected ways before.

It's hard being me sometimes, unfortunately, it limits the way I express myself around her. When most feel I'm making questionable decisions I have ended up at the hospital. Others' concern for my sanity and well-being puts me under fire. It's hard not to blame them sometimes.

It's disappointing for me, I don't believe in suicide or killing. They always tend to put me in there for extended periods, and I get the impression I make some of the staff fearful.

That hurts. Fortunately, those who remember me, have often brightened my spirits and inspired me to make the most of the situation. Last time, a bizarre twist may have taken away from that.

When I talked to my mom about working on the weekends, she was supportive and it went much better than I had imagined. I was looking forward to getting back to ironworking and expanding my budget/network on the weekends. My plan looked good.

There have been many challenges on my mind, and this Thanksgiving was a great opportunity to share with my family those thoughts more casually. I tend to run around like a chicken with my head cut off, so it's good to stop and smell the roses.

One of the issues I was going to raise was vaccination. My friend who gives me a ride had encouraged me to consider taking up some of this mRNA tech.

I don't want him to feel uncomfortable, not that he should be. That's besides the point however, I made my mind up to talk to him after work, after the long weekend.

Relaxing after dinner, I noticed the pub down the street was looking for help. Awesome, I called over there. Do they have a vaccine mandate in the workplace or is it just the health order?

My understanding is that in B.C. patrons are supposed to have a passport, but not the staff.

The individual I talked to, told me that as far as he knew, vaccination was required to enter the premises. He told me WorkSafe was looking to implement that in November. I thanked him and said I didn't want to waste anyone's time applying if working at the pub wasn't for me.

Interesting what he said, I hadn't heard about WorkSafe changing its policy. I went online and took a look at their website. Looks like they are implementing it for their own staff. Iirc, they had measures in place to support people who decided to become vaccinated and experienced injury. I liked that, I hadn't heard of employers being there for employees in a scenario like that.

Imo, cognitive dissonance is going to be par for the course of the pandemic and I've noticed the energy of Mercury Retrograde at play.

When I saw him next, he asked me about vaccination. I told him, it's not for me and waiting. He told me he wouldn't be able to give me a ride after the next week. I told that's ok, and I understand.

I'm surprised he asked me about that but marvelled at the timing. I've been vocal expressing myself the whole time about what's going on. I toned it right down since the spring, though remain sincere.

I felt bad looking back, there is so much I want to say about the topic, but supporting others trumps that for me. While we were talking I asked him if he thought his vaccination status was permanent?

I caught him off guard and raised some uncomfortable questions about that. I made it brief when I realized I was talking from ego. He wasn't interested in getting any booster shots.

In the short term, I feel individuals of my persuasion options may very well become more limited. Flexibility, creativity, discipline and integrity are key traits dealing with the rain. My aspirations to work weekends may be short-sighted.
edit on 16-10-2021 by dffrntkndfnml because: misc

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I talked with my Union and asked about their perspective with regards to vaccination and work opportunities in town. There are no plans to go there, as far as they could tell.

General contractors, however, may implement that. It's not many, and it remains to be seen how it will play out. How quickly though, is an important consideration that was off my radar.

I told my boss at work, about my transportation situation. Punctuality has been a major challenge in the past, especially earlier on in my career. Working short-handed sucks, these are the last people I want to screw over. He told me I could sit if I couldn't get to work, it's no problem.

Our company is small, and I had high hopes of working with them long-term. Most of the sites are on the perimeter of Metro Vancouver, so I'd be looking at giving myself two hours for transit getting. I am not going to put myself through that.

As general contractors implement vaccination policies in the workplace, options for the unvaxxed will be limited.

I quit but didn't want to burn any bridges. We're short-handed already, I don't want to mess with the manpower. I gave two weeks' notice. Then my friend said he would give me a ride the next two weeks, lol.

I feel it's best to change course and pursue work with a larger company, with access to easy overtime, and transit. I need to exercise my options and quickly pay down my debts if I have to stop ironworking altogether, to support myself.

Others' struggles considering their options, made me realize I better do what I can right now, to secure my position.

I feel good about the decisions I've been making for a long time, and want that to continue. A larger company with a greater variety of sites will hopefully provide the flexibility I need to wait out a few years.

My goal is to get on with the company building the expansion to the hospital. It would be poetic justice, I think part of the project is a new mental health building.

edit on 16-10-2021 by dffrntkndfnml because: clarity

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I don't think I'm alone feeling dissonance, I've been getting a lot of mixed messages. Some examples come to mind.

Personally working through arrangements paying my line of credit for example. I worked something out after talking to their office and specifically enquired if the branch locations' computers are synced with the office in real-time.

It was important to know I could deal with the staff at the storefront. Their hours are better, and I don't have the time to deal with people on phone in depth on my lunch break. The branches are open late, and their service has gotten me out of jams many times.

A couple of weeks ago, I went to them and their info is different. It looked like I had more time.

They told me my next payments were supposed to be made yesterday. This was a couple of weeks ago. Payments were withdrawn in the meantime much to my disappointment.

I've been running on empty financially, so every bit counts. It's good to know exactly what obligations are due, when. I called the office and explained my situation to probably the same person who I worked out the arrangements in the past. She wasn't as helpful as before, I shouldn't have told her I am considering walking away from the debt. I felt mad though.

Here's another example. Someone posted this article: www.cbc.ca...

Most responses in my forum expressed concern that the unvaxxed were going to be put in camps and all the baggage that comes with it.

I don't see that reading the article, but to be fair my sister recovered in a hotel so I'm familiar with what the article is describing.

Most of the comments after the article echo similar fears. Valid concerns, but I don't think that's where the journalist was going with that. I don't see how they could spin the unvaxxed into scapegoats.

I showed the article to a few of my family. Two perceived it similar to me. My dad got kind of upset, he's worried about our future too. He brought up many of the same concerns from the thread.

I ran to the vape store to pick up pods for a friend. They were described as coloured Stlth pods. I'm familiar with Stlth pods but hadn't heard of coloured ones. They all look the same to me, clear plastic with white bands and a metallic end.

Idk the ins and outs of vaping and have often felt stupid doing this sort of favour. I tend to overthink small stuff, but try not to make a fool of myself. I get anxious about buying things I don't know about.

I never heard of coloured Stlth pods before. I actually googled it in Canadian and American English to see what they could be. Nothing came up. I asked my friend, and they told me that was how it was described. I looked on the internet again on the bus ride to the store. Then I realized the packaging of the various flavours are coloured differently, lol.

Lots is up in the air. Vaccination status and the tools we use are changing. Over a hundred vaccines are in development and many treatments. It will take time though, for those options are approved around here.

In a few years, we will all know better what direction things are going. A longer-term gig with a bigger company can provide the space I need to honour my principles.

edit on 16-10-2021 by dffrntkndfnml because: clarity

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The Covid was a real disease, which was supposed to create panic for people to get the vaccine, which is the real worry. After the initial release one can ask can a genetically made disease replicate and produce a variant? Since the normal flue went into remission, I would suggest what we are seeing now are the reactions from a damaged immune system caused by the shot, which is the normal flue being called the Delta. It has to be a staged event as never before have they wanted literally everyone to get the Jab. There is enough evidence to be concerned that it's a psyop. It has a lot of deniability just like a Psyop would have. A normal flu shot would never have had all the baggage.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join