It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pain Now or Pain Later (Politicians will always choose the easy path)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Happy Memorial Day ATS, and to those who gave everything and those who serve thank you for your ultimate sacrifice.

I wanted to share the latest episode of Paradise Lost Financial, discussing reckless fiscal policy, the "woke" Federal Reserve claiming to want to make "change" in the areas of climate change, equity & social justice (when they can't even get monetary policy right).

Also the lack of accountability for politicians as they enrich themselves at the expense of the rest of us, and buying votes with "free" stuff that WE pay for (while also funding all of the waste, fraud, corruption and abuse in government).

Ridiculous policies such as bailing out the US Airlines and having giant commercial airliners fly with no passengers during COVID, while claiming to be all about environmentalism... giving the airlines $25 billion bailout for COVID even though airlines did irresponsible stock buybacks and major CEO compensation packages while filing for bankruptcy 66 times since the year 2000.

Also the insane amount of fraud in unemployment benefits (70% of claims in my state were fraudulent last month because the unemployment office did away with requiring claimants to call in weekly) and how inflation is heating up because UNLIKE QE in the wake of the '08 grand financial crisis, this time we have direct transfer payments in the form of "stimmy checks", unemployment benefits & PPP loans (in '08 the Commercial Banking system was the arbiter of fund distribution and we did not have direct inflows of liquidity like we do now).

Maybe this thread will spark some good conversation about the bizarre political & economic landscape the US is currently experiencing and any other member insights, observations from your local communities, or how the situation in the US is similar or different to member experiences abroad.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts. As always, thank you ATS.

FamCore

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Politicians only care about getting elected. The public also isn't mature or intelligent enough to always support the right decisions.

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Madness in DC = confusion among the general population in America.

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Under Obama

Professor Deborah J. Lucas pegs the cost of the 2008-09 bailouts at $498 billion.

Under Trump

The program paid out $521 billion to almost 4.9 million companies in an effort to provide relief for small businesses and their workers amid the sudden economic shock brought on by the pandemic.

You gotta spend money to make money...which is in fact true.

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

I think paying unemployment benefits is the least of your problems.

If its tax monies you are after to cover this whole mess you may wanna see what the rich 1%ers have in there back bangers.

Because the rest of your people seem skint and "They" simply cannot get blood out a stone.

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

116th Congress

It's not even hidden, they go in pole cats come out fat cats. Meanwhile Americans struggle, live check to check with little to no nest egg/rainy day fund....Americans ARE stupid, myself included.
edit on 05/30/2021 by EdisonintheFM because: Haven't slept in 22 hours. Sleep probs started in 8th grade. Don't suggest melatonin, it's crap.

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

We need a role reversal.

WE need the madness, THEY need some confusion.

Wouldn't be hard, but it would require unity.

TEAR DOWN THESE WALLS!!!

Maybe Reagan was right, maybe we need off world visitors to come together... I forgot, that's the plan, brought to you by Project Blue Beam.

(Norway Spiral was a PBB test) that's my belief

top topics

join