It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mass shootings.. a gun issue or a hate issue?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2021 @ 11:13 AM
link   
over 12 different mass shooting over the weekend. Everyone keeps saying it is America's gun problem . We need more gun control, they say. I see it as a hate issues. Why is everyone so angry? I wish someone would do an in depth study on all the mass murderes and ask them why.
It breaks my heart that everyone is so angry all the time. Is it from video games, the internet, antidepressants, incorrect up bringing, diet, television?
Just curious what other think

posted on May, 25 2021 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: HODOSKE

You're on point with why is everyone so angry, but I'm going to correct you, why are MEN so angry? Males are always behind the trigger, it's always MEN committing the mass shootings. Always.

posted on May, 25 2021 @ 11:18 AM
link   
true .. maybe because of hormones, maybe because they do not talk as freely about their troubles, maybe because they play a lot of video games? a reply to: game over man

posted on May, 25 2021 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Lack of consequences.

How about execution of anyone using a gun while commiting a felony?
That will end the vast majority of gun crime.
You are literally taking your life in your hands.

Then a good program dealing with mental issues and depression.

posted on May, 25 2021 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Ask England

They have a knife problem, they are considering banning points on them.

Its a hate issue, some people just hate others.

posted on May, 25 2021 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: HODOSKE
true .. maybe because of hormones, maybe because they do not talk as freely about their troubles, maybe because they play a lot of video games? a reply to: game over man

LOL at video games....but yeah something about their ego and emotions. It's always MEN committing mass shootings. The media and right wing echo chamber has always said it's women.

posted on May, 25 2021 @ 11:31 AM
link   
We'd play cowboys and indians as kids,but my friends and I never grew up to be murderers.

There's a huge problem with personal accountability nowadays.Everything is someone elses fault.

My personal opinion is,it's not video games.I think video games help relieve tension,not create it.

Kids nowadays aren't socially active off the internet.More face to face interactions could make a world of difference.

posted on May, 25 2021 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: game over man

I have to correct you on one aspect, they're males, not men.

Not that long ago, you could go anywhere and see firearms in most vehicles. Even at schools. Something changed in the last 50 years on how our youth is raised. Kids still fought, but they didn't pull out firearms.

posted on May, 25 2021 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: game over man

originally posted by: HODOSKE

LOL at video games....but yeah something about their ego and emotions. It's always MEN committing mass shootings. The media and right wing echo chamber has always said it's women.

perhaps if we killed all the men?

posted on May, 25 2021 @ 11:34 AM
link   
They also report anything over 2-3 people getting shot, not killed necessarily, as a mass shooting. It’s all for optics.

posted on May, 25 2021 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

Not that long ago, you could go anywhere and see firearms in most vehicles. Even at schools. Something changed in the last 50 years on how our youth is raised. Kids still fought, but they didn't pull out firearms.

that's an important part. I have plenty of weapons and carry daily. But I have a hard time thinking of a situation where I would feel the only logical step was to pull out the gun. Once you do that, the options are very limited, and it's a huge responsibility. that alone keeps it in the holster. I just think the education part of firearm ownership is lost.

posted on May, 25 2021 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I think it's a mental health issue.

link   

LOL what you just going to arm chair philosopher that mass shootings didn't happen back in the day??? What??? Murder was worse!!!! Hello Native Americans and Black people!?!

link   

originally posted by: Banquo
They also report anything over 2-3 people getting shot, not killed necessarily, as a mass shooting. It’s all for optics.

but if it's black on black inner city crime, it's ignored until you need the stats for bolster your argument for taking the gunz, since the real stats of other instances don't warrant the same outrage.

link   

it is really no wonder that in a country where every psycho can own/acquire a gun and 1/3 of the population believe the stupidest conspiracy theories it regularly comes to such acts. hate is everywhere, but this "the government is coming to get me" paranoia and gun fetish is an american thing.

posted on May, 25 2021 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Seeing rifles in vehicles was common when I was in high school.

So were fist fights.Not once did I ever see(or hear of) someone pull a weapon at a fight during school.

You're right though,something changed since then.I think it's many things.

posted on May, 25 2021 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

that's an important part. I have plenty of weapons and carry daily. But I have a hard time thinking of a situation where I would feel the only logical step was to pull out the gun. Once you do that, the options are very limited, and it's a huge responsibility. that alone keeps it in the holster. I just think the education part of firearm ownership is lost.

So WOMEN don't have mental health issues??? You're just too afraid to admit it's Men, and sorry not males because anyone can identify as a male, but MEN are doing the killings. Every. Single. Time. You want to preach fake news, well here is your fake news. Everytime the media spins it as a people issue, right and left, no one ever, EVER, mentions it's MEN doing the mass shootings.

posted on May, 25 2021 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Spot on! Until people realize their actions have consequences, nothing will change.

The day we start prosecuting criminals to the fullest extent of the law, everything will change.

New laws will fix nothing. Enforcing our current laws will dramatically change the minds of our population.

Giving little Johnny break after break, because he's a "good kid", does nothing but enable him.

Sadly, people's feels get in the way of justice.

Something, something, something, let God sort them out...

posted on May, 25 2021 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Gun or hate? Both.
In depth study? Sure, it's been done and those findings expressed and the answer is simple. Modern weapons of mass slaughter in the hands of sick and hateful people.

Those answers are predictable because they are true. What is also predictable is the backlash in defense of them not being true.

posted on May, 25 2021 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: game over man

originally posted by: network dude

So WOMEN don't have mental health issues??? You're just too afraid to admit it's Men, and sorry not males because anyone can identify as a male, but MEN are doing the killings. Every. Single. Time. You want to preach fake news, well here is your fake news. Everytime the media spins it as a people issue, right and left, no one ever, EVER, mentions it's MEN doing the mass shootings.
Women kill,too.

You don't remember Aileen Wuornos?

better yet,see www.insideedition.com...
edit on 25-5-2021 by crazyeddie68 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join