It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something weird is happening with Jobs

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2021 @ 06:02 PM
link   
We called back from working from home about 200 last week. They have the option of coming in. Around 20 said they would be back in full time. Directors don't understand why people want to work from home.

HAHAHAHAHAH

posted on May, 25 2021 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Thought you were referring to Steve Jobs for a second...

posted on May, 26 2021 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

If people are afraid to go out (24x7 bombarded by MSM fearmongering) then restaurants, malls, and entertainment cannot do well. These are the places that hired temps. They do not need college graduates for pizza deliveries.

posted on May, 26 2021 @ 07:39 AM
link   

I think you're on to something. In my area, we have business owners (large & small) going on local radio and TV stations discussing how no one shows up to job interviews or even applies. Yet when a few friends and myself test this, we either didn't receive a call back, or got an offer for much lower than the job paid before Covid.

I personally thing business owners/hiring managers are looking to get the best candidates at the lowest wage. I don't know anyone whom either has a bachelor's degree or 10+ years experience that is willing to work a dollar or two above minimum wage. I will say that most of these business owners will get sympathy from the right when they blame unemployment benefits and from the left when they cry about supporting local & community business, so it's win/win for them in the media.

Overall, I think it's a symptom of a real problem and that is that we really do not have a free market. Like everything else, it is controlled and manipulated constantly. It's just a possible play for passing the Universal Basic Income.

posted on May, 26 2021 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Fire wagies making too much money because they've been with the company for years

Hire wagies making less money = more money in owners' hands.

Pretty basic stuff.

posted on May, 26 2021 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
originally posted by: jtrenthacker
I started working at 13....in Atlanta. My oldest is 14 and works...has a checking account and a investment account. It is the responsible thing to do to teach your kids how to manage money.....make it work for them.

That is the argument that supports abolishing any and all age limitations on the Right to work.

I'm fine with laws banning 'sweat shops', or forced child labor/exploitation.

But kids should be free to work for quarters or dollars doing whatever menial/entry level jobs they are willing to work, while learning socialization, labor and financial/money management skills along the way.

posted on May, 29 2021 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: LanceCorvette
Circuit City did that, fired the highest-paid staff (who were the best), and promptly sales collapsed and no more Circuit City.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join