It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Years of lurking, now into the fray....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I've lurked here for many years (perhaps 8 or 9) and was initially drawn here by the conspiracy, supernatural and UFO threads.

Now it seems that many conspiracies could be playing out before our very eyes and bleed over into many other topics of conversation. A strange and rather dystopic world seems to have emerged from the craziness of the past year--though as with all things, it's likely always lurked just below the surface.

I have much more to learn.

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: shr3dsoffl3sh

Welcome. As you no doubt have seen, it's now about 90% political, but we still discuss the paranormal and UFOlogy and such. I still say nothing breaks up the monotony like a good cryptid or scary paranormal thread!

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Yes, it's hard to miss that most things have gone political here. While that's not my most favorite of topics, it is a sign of the tumultuous times we are living in.

As I mentioned, conspiracies abound everywhere now...especially in politics.

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Welcome

What if I told you that everything you ever knew was a lie.

Mandela effected away for me!

What’s interesting is that Morpheus’ “What if I told you” line was never actually spoken, but has somehow become an infamously misquoted line from the film.

medium.com...

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Welcome to the fray!
There is room for everyone here!

Interesting times in which we live.
I look forward to your input.

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Welcome shr3dsoffl3sh. Nice name you picked out. See you around! Have a great night or day were ever you are at in the world

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Glad you took the plunge and signed up. Looking forward to your posts and threads.

a reply to: SeaWorthy

Actually? I don't even remember that being on any Mandela effects lists i've read before. Would that make it a double Mandela effect?

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
Welcome

What’s interesting is that Morpheus’ “What if I told you” line was never actually spoken, but has somehow become an infamously misquoted line from the film.

medium.com...

Yea, I'm not sure what to think of the Mandela Effect stuff. I've read a bunch about it and there are many compelling arguments as well as much that seems to correlate with my own memories. That said, I also know that my own mind isn't infallible.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrazyBlueCat
Welcome shr3dsoffl3sh. Nice name you picked out. See you around! Have a great night or day were ever you are at in the world

It's the name of an old song by the DM band Entombed (though originally released by their earlier iteration, Nihilist). I am a huge fan of old school death metal from the 80's and 90's. I do like many newer metal bands as well, but seem to have a harder and harder time keeping track of the ever expanding categories of metal nowadays.

I live somewhat near St. Louis, Missouri USA...though I try to keep away from that place.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

Glad you took the plunge and signed up. Looking forward to your posts and threads.

a reply to: SeaWorthy

Actually? I don't even remember that being on any Mandela effects lists i've read before. Would that make it a double Mandela effect?

I am already thinking of a topic I'd like to bring up in the near future concerning global crustal displacement and it's implications on history as we know it. I'm not as well thought out or well spoken as many here, so it will likely take a little bit of working myself up to it...

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I basically joined in hopes of turning the tide of the political nonsense back to the conspiracies that drew me to reading this site a long time ago.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiaBandetoh
I basically joined in hopes of turning the tide of the political nonsense back to the conspiracies that drew me to reading this site a long time ago.

A valiant effort. However, as has been mentioned by many, it seems to be the political threads that get all the attention. It won't stop me from making a post about the aforementioned subject matter in the near future.

"Be the change you want to see" and all that...

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: shr3dsoffl3sh

Welcome

medium.com...

Yea, I'm not sure what to think of the Mandela Effect stuff. I've read a bunch about it and there are many compelling arguments as well as much that seems to correlate with my own memories. That said, I also know that my own mind isn't infallible.

well like everyone I have discussed this with in my life each only becomes convinced when they find something they simply know for sure. It was a big part of their life or something special to them and they know it completely.

Like this guy his part 2 I believe of the Mandela effect he finds something he KNEW he simply had to change his views.
What I have found is that many of the changed things are related to one another and related to movies or information concerning the same things.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 11:48 AM
link   
welcome and good evening

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 12:34 PM
link   

It is why I decided not to just sit back and read all the stories, but to contribute as well.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: shr3dsoffl3sh

Welcome

medium.com...

well like everyone I have discussed this with in my life each only becomes convinced when they find something they simply know for sure. It was a big part of their life or something special to them and they know it completely.

Like this guy his part 2 I believe of the Mandela effect he finds something he KNEW he simply had to change his views.
What I have found is that many of the changed things are related to one another and related to movies or information concerning the same things.

I will check out the vid you've posted this evening. I do think that there is something to it, I'm just unsure exactly what the explanation would be. Since we all live in a reality of our own creation and that reality in many ways appears to be fluid, there could be many possible explanations I would assume.

Thanks!

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz5
welcome and good evening

Thank you and a good weekend to you!

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiaBandetoh

It is why I decided not to just sit back and read all the stories, but to contribute as well.

Though I know my writing will be lacking compared to many regular posters here, I do plan to contribute. I am a bit intimidated by the fact that it looks like I am going to have to be learning a bit about how to link outside sites and embed images and videos into any topic that I post.

Just more stuff to learn...

top topics

join