It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bodies of COVID-19 victims among those dumped in India’s Ganges -govt document

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Regardless of Covid or not, this is hideous. So far something like 2,000 corpses have been recovered floating down the river.

Apparently this happened back in 1918 during that pandemic.

Peeps cant even afford to bury their own families.

www.reuters.com...

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Just think, people take a bath and wash their clothes in that every day.

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Regardless of Covid or not, this is hideous. So far something like 2,000 corpses have been recovered floating down the river.

Apparently this happened back in 1918 during that pandemic.

www.reuters.com...

I think you will find that most people inhabiting this planet cant afford to bury their dead. They just have to.

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Some might argue that the ganges is self cleaning.

I'm not going to link it, there's too many links and most dont seem very unbiased

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 05:45 AM
link   
This is despicable.

The US should show more support, and aid.

I suggest sending India some FEMA Coffins.

And WalMarts.

+14 more 
posted on May, 20 2021 @ 05:48 AM
link   
India has been dumping their dead down that river for thousands of years, it's just the norm over there.

They also s**t in the street- that's fairly new to the US west coast, but it's been going on in India for hundreds of generations.

It's a different world over there.

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Do they also drink the water?

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

They sure do.

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

There are people over there that eat the ashes and pieces of flesh from the cremation 'leftovers'.

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 07:18 AM
link   
The Indians send their dead off in the Ganges, it's what they do in that area. Nothing new.

What you have here is basic propaganda to push more fear of Covid down your throat. It is Reuters afterall.

Now, if you look at the sinful BBC version, their propaganda is brilliant. They state the river is SWOLLEN with dead bodies!
BBC

Yet another piece of media nonsense, filtering through all media outlets, to push the fear into the public.

Sure, it's crazy to put dead bodies in a river you wash in, swim in, pray in, but it's nothing new. It's what they do.
edit on 20-5-2021 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 07:20 AM
link   

About a third of their population gets their drinking water from that river.

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Sure, but said bodies are usually alit on a pyre, not al fresco.

Im more thinking about all those poor trees getting chopped up. 4k peeps a day dying....thats a lot of timber.

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

About a third of their population gets their drinking water from that river.

As a child, I knew a US Army veteran that was in the China-Burma-India Theater in WWII, specifically India. When his unit arrived in country, they were given an orientation class outdoors. At the beginning of the orientation, the officer giving it took a jar and dipped it into the Ganges River. He held it up in the air and it looked clear. He sat it down and said he would get back to it later.
After the class was over, he lifted the jar for all to see again. It had a brown layer at the bottom. He told them that the brown layer was 'unadulterated Indian #'. He told them to never drink any water other than that which was supplied to them at camp or had been treated with purification tablets.

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

I love a curry, but I flew Air India once....ain't no way I would go over there in person. They were still smoking in the back, and the smell....Jesus.

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

You would think they would have enough sense to burn/cremate the corpse.

And they have in general, its just that obviously some people are rather thick or simply don't give a rats arse.

I would suggest education to be the key, but a lot of these poor sods dont even have proper access to clean water sources and food never mind a school.

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263
God forbid..your house...is down river...

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

My best friend from high school is Indian, not the teepee kind, the restaurant buffet kind, and when his old man died suddenly a couple years ago they brought his ashes back to India and scattered them in the Ganges. It's just a thing.

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

You would think they would have enough sense to burn/cremate the corpse.

For many people, it is too expensive to cremate the bodies of their loved ones. Sometimes, they can afford some wood, but not enough to completely consume the body. Whatever is left unburned is thrown into the river.

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Ive got a big mate Baljinder from here but he is Indian, when his dad died they did the same, its a religious thing as the Ganges is personified in Hinduism as a goddess, and Hindus believe that if a persons ashes are scattered in the river that their next life will be improved.

Ashes and corpses through is a bit of a different matter i suppose.
edit on 20-5-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I know that butcherguy, its a sticky wicket and hell of a predicament for some of the poor sods over there.

India is no fun whatsoever if you are impoverished, class/caste system is still rife also.

edit on 20-5-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join