It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus said;- You follow your tradition instead of the commands of God

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

so what, you quoted a verse from the AV. Big deal. That still does not make the translation you quoted correct and it does not change the fact that the translation is demeaning the personality of Christ.

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

You rely on man to translate I believe God preserved it correct in the KJV

But clearly Jesus does not speak so proudly as a secular humanist would.

Hahahaha
You think
I wouldn’t give a penny for what you think CJ
You complain about another’s speck and don’t see your own log

I don’t think God cares less about the KJV in any of its forms

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 07:57 AM
link   

That still does not make the translation you quoted correct and it does not change the fact that the [Authorise Version, which says the same thing as the other translations] is demeaning the personality of Christ.

As amended, to compensate for the fact that you don't understand even your own preferred translation.

if you claim to love Jesus, why not do something to prove it? In all the years that you've been on ATS, I don't think I've seen a single word from you presenting or discussing the content of his message? Isn't that more important than shouting at other people?

edit on 16-5-2021 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 08:30 AM
link   

i understand it clearly. It is your version that puts a prideful humanistic attitude of speech to Jesus Christ. And that would be a lie. He did not speak like that.

I have spoken of Christ. But I rightly divide and know what is for Israel and what is for the church.

No one has shouted at any one. If I had it would be in all caps. I simply pointed out the worldliness of the translation that tries to make Jesus look like he is just "one of the boys". Any translation that makes Jesus speech contemptible and fleshy is not honest and upright and should not be read. Not to mention they don't even indicate which words are theirs and which are the TRUE words of God, in their translation.

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 04:20 PM
link   

It does affect the integrity of God's words vs Mans words.

And here we are ... in a thread discussing spirit v. letter. You are arguing the letter where Disraeli is arguing the spirit. Think about it.

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

It does affect the integrity of God's words vs Mans words.

And here we are ... in a thread discussing spirit v. letter. You are arguing the letter where Disraeli is arguing the spirit. Think about it.

Unfortunately some people worship Jesus through the bible, not Jesus Himself
Some people like to force their version of Jesus on others, thinking the “Southern Baptist” way is the only way, we have seen the terrible consequences of that.

posted on May, 17 2021 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Nope disagreeing over the preserved word of God, Preserved by God,over the word of God rewritten by men.

I'll take the first.

edit on 5/17/2021 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join