It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That moment you see audience and realize your parents were WAY cooler than you will ever be...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Ever wonder why Boomers are the way we are? It's because, unlike today, we grew up listening to the music masters of the universe. Every. Single. Day. Pretty high expectations.

Best instrumental of all time (notice I didn't say guitar solo). Period.

No light show, no smoke, no dancers in skimpy outfits, no one flying through the air - the fireworks came from the musicians and their effect on the crowd. Only real instruments, real voices, and real fans.

I love watching first time reaction videos of kids who know nothing about what real music is and watching their faces as they hear it for the first time. It's life changing and it makes me feel so proud for them! I love it when they're a little into the video and are really rocking and I'm thinking to myself "Dude, just wait til you see what comes next."

I raised my kids on this music and still have all my vinyl's, but I've got to say that although there is a sense of satisfaction listening to them, digital output really is an improvement.

edit on 14/5/2021 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamonlyhuman

I love how Gen Z learned how to capitalize on having Boomers watch them get all excited while watching Boomer nostalgia. Genius layered on genius.

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Absolutely. It really is genius. I started thinking I should start a Boomer review of Gen Z music but then I thought better of it. I don't think they really want to know what I think. lol

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 02:35 PM
link   
i would have to argue that digital is not an improvement, its just different. i still prefer analog any day.

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I feel rather sorry for anyone who is actually trying to find "good" music on TV & radio for the past couple decades (at least). Whether that is from someone who has never been exposed to anything but the (literally) formulaic noise, or from those who dont have the time, inclination, or awareness to use other sources.

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: autopat51
i would have to argue that digital is not an improvement, its just different. i still prefer analog any day.

I dont think there has ever been a better time to be into analog. Many artists and bands are now releasing on vinyl alongside digital, tube amps are easily accessible, hybrid amps are super inexpensive and sound surprisingly good, quality turntables can be had for much less than ever, and you can get some very, very impressive speakers on the cheap.

No idea about the situation with regards to the music and stuff on TV/radio though.

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 03:50 PM
link   

The greatest generation financed and produced boomer generation music.

Boomers financed and produced the "music" being fed to millennials

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Infinitis

Woooow.... there's the real big brain moment. That's so true. I'm not really a hater of any generations music, but I find 50's/early 60's music infinitely more listenable than late 60's thru early 80's.

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

thats the real beauty of music shining through. each to their own...

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Thank you for this thread, I have been watching reaction videos lately, i find it so interesting.

At first I was watching for entertainment, then it got me to actually listening, hearing, feeling old songs that I had become complacent to. Then it became a people study.

Do yourself a favor if you havent watched Unchained Melody reactions please do..

Colter Wall the brewery sessions- Hey Darling or the Devil Wears a Suit and Tie. If you dont know this artist watch it for yourself and react ( I know none of you will film yourselves, but remember your reaction). You will pause and replay it within the first 30 seconds.

People's reaction to some of the depth in country songs is fun as well.

Alan Jackson has some good ones, be prepared to tear up.

Jamey Johnson- seen it in color

I wish ther were more on there. I like how you can see the change from a concious reaction to the subconscious. Almost all of them you can see the point where they go from hearing the music to feeling the music.

If you enjoy musuc seriously, go down this rabbit hole you will have a lot more to enjoy. Read some of the comments for good songs you may not have heard and you will have a pleasant experience and find new old music, but also new artists.

edit on 5/14/2021 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Respectfully disagree.

I graduated in 90, we gave the world the Crue, Metallica, and what used to be considered a scar, Nirvana, STP, and Soundgarden later.

The next gen gave us My Chemical Romance which are highly underrated by us older gens. They put out some great music and great live performances. Slipknot’s not for everybody but great musicians there.

Today’s group have Billie Eilish who has some stuff I kinda like. Chris Stapleton and Sturgill Simpson are pretty good, but they are my age I think. Lol. Koe Wetzle is a younger good Texas music guy too.

It’s all in the eye of the beholder I guess. I love music.

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I saw a good one once.
A classical flute player watching a Jethro Tull live flute solo.
Bursting Out was a fantastic album.

I suppose my tastes aren't very normal compared to most because I like different music from different times.
Each style of music, for me personally, has a kind of peak period.

I'm as happy listening to techno and house as I am listening to motorhead, reggae, punk, ska and some older prog-rock stuff. Depending on my mood.
Long lived bands have certain albums that I love and others I can take or leave.

The only artist I absolutely love from the first album to the last was Frank Zappa. Got nearly everything he did.

Now I'm going to have to start looking for some reaction videos .

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

Watch nolifeshaq's (the dude in the second video the op posted) reaction to Stevie Ray Vaughn

edit on 5/14/2021 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLead

I've just had a quick look and he's got a lot of videos!
Didn't see that one so I've made a note to look at it another time.

Something just occurred to me. I wonder if there's anyone reacting to G G Allin?
That wouldn't be allowed on you tube these days, I guess.
Someone might get offended.

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Best instrumental of all time

Try this.

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TexasTruth

I graduated in 90, we gave the world the Crue, Metallica,

There a bit " second rate " compared to Sabbath, Zepplin, Judas Priest, Deep Purple, Iron Maiden, Def Leppard and Motorhead.

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 06:34 PM
link   

You'd be suprised. I went about it by thinking about songs I would like to see a demographic react to. It's so fascinating and shows how close we really are barring certain barriers.

There is one of people from the U.K. reacting to the star spangled banner that is excellent. Its a 17 min video most of which is the story behind the song and the song itself that every American should watch. I first watched the video, then skipped to the reactions.

I ended up watching quite a few and reading the comments and found a lot of similar viewpoints from the dissimilar backgrounds and found a lot of great new music.

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead

There is one of people from the U.K. reacting to the star spangled banner

Can you link it? I'd like to see it.

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 10:00 AM
link   
There are few things worse than reaction videos

Who cares? Ugh

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Actually, you can find several GG Allin docs and vids on youtube, including the full uncut version of "Hated".

I agree, a reaction video to GG Allin would be epic.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join