It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most People Consider Themselves to Be Morally Superior

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Hi friends

The rather disturbing yet thought-provoking title of the thread is taken straight from the following article:
www.scientificamerican.com...
This is a kind of tough subject--I spent quite a bit of time trying to write something on the topic, but it really all came out wrong. I thought I'd just put it out there and let the subject matter speak for itself.
I will say this, as ATS has standards which include sharing one's thoughts on material as well as the material itself--
I think we're seeing more and more of this self-superiority these days. Most of whom we'd consider opposition nowadays are fellow man/countrymen and women, and most people are truly operating from a standpoint that what they are doing is the right or best thing.

It's sometimes nice to get an ego check, especially if it helps one get along with family/friends/neighbors/coworkers who hold different opinions, or even values than our own. Hope you enjoy the read and maybe you can add more depth to the subject than I
I'd love to hear other people's thoughts on the matter.

Some additional reading:
www.16personalities.com...

+5 more 
posted on May, 2 2021 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I’ll be the first to state that my opinions are simply that an opinion, nothing more, nothing less. With my age, my training, my education, and my experience, I can plainly see that everyone else is wrong, but that’s their problem.
edit on 2-5-2021 by Nickn3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

Everyone has a right to be wrong! lol.

As long as it doesn't effect the core of my day to day being(which, unfortunately, the way this past year has been framed, we all can assume our opponents are doing so) then we're good.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

I have never been superior to anyone ever in my life.
I have been labeled by some for my beliefs that's about
it.
I am a conservative,Bible-believing Christian,still supports
Trump and our Constitution!

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Well then, congratulations--you're in the minority!

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Naturally, I'm way too awesome to be a narcissist

My big guiding principle is don't infringe on others free will. That's it that's all.

Another guide is a something I read about Satanism (uh oh) It's not about worship of the devil but about worship of yourself as divine. Whether or not that's good or bad is subjective and I don't consider myself a satanist but I can't lie they got a passage that resonates with me on how to deal with those who would do you harm.

"Someone seeking to end your existence, by extension wants to end their own existence...oblige them." Not quite Jesus's turn the other cheek technique but it is an effective deterrent to bullies and toxic losers.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: SuicideKing33

I really loved your response

I completely agree that it comes down to self service vs service to God (and, by extension, His creation)

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 03:56 PM
link   
1) I am never wrong.
2) If I am wrong gosub #1.
3) Done.
4) Next.
edit on 5/2/21 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Lol, self awareness is key!

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 04:03 PM
link   

As for me and my house,we serve the Lord!

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov

Lol, self awareness is key!

I think , therefore YOU are.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Yes, I am a Christian myself. Which makes me so aware of my human frailty/sin, of the divine status of every human on this planet, and the fact that one man (only) is truly superior.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Oh geeez. Do you really believe that?

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I really KNOW that .

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

I really KNOW that .

If you're never wrong, why the need to edit?

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

As for me and my house,we serve the Lord!

I am so excited today!

The things we see going on it the world are like birth pains. They are getting stronger and closer together. This is the time to examine our lives for past and present sin to deal with.

Christ will come like a thief in the night,
and steal all those who love Him away! God Bless!

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

I really KNOW that .

If you're never wrong, why the need to edit?

I wasn't wrong.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Well then, congratulations--you're in the minority!

According to whom? Dominion voting systems??

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

According to the article I posted and the point of the thread

(My response was not to Trump, this is not about trump, or believing in the Lord--only to poster's assertion to never having thought of herself as superior, which, according to the articles I posted would put her in the minority)
edit on 2-5-2021 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I spoke of a similar thing earlier today, unfortunately. It was in response to a video where a woman was screaming and cussing at a man to get down and shut up, when a man was stating something she disagreed with.

What was she screaming? She repeated over and over that the man did not have the right to tell other people what to do, so he should get down and shut up.

Yet she did not realize for one second, see that she was doing exactly the same thing that infuriated her.

Same thing about a woman that was doxxed and harassed because she said she had a right to call out a woman that had posted information she did not agree with. So she called the woman's job and had her fired.

She thought it was horrible that someone would harass her, send her personal emails, and print her home address. But thought it was perfectly okay to find, and post the work place of other posters, and to make deliberate attempts to get them fired.

Yes it seems like never before people are very skilled at finding the grain of sand in their neighbor's eye, while being completely blind to the boulder in their own.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join