It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Vogue: Having a Baby is Environmental Vandalism

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

She could've moved to North Korea and had a non western baby.
Funny how those who despise the western world never seem to despise it quite enough to move elsewhere.

But, again, it's always those "others" who are the problem .

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

Ad hominem? Please let's stick to the topic.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

I love your comments on here so far.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

better than your full on hate.

I'm just relating what I have concluded from reading the article. I'm trying to be objective.
If that causes you to conclude that I'm possessed of a "full on hate", then feel free.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

Those who believe in depopulation should lead by example. When they start to mass depopulate themselves I'll maybe believe they are sincere. But it's always those "others" that are the problem.

One of the best comments in ATS history!

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

If you're having children of your own, where do you get off criticizing the choice when made by others?

Sure, *I* had my kids, but I don't think others ought to because *those* crumb crunchers will ruin the world!

edit on 29-4-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 11:07 AM
link   

the author facing the conundrum of having a child or not is self hating?

real objective.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 11:15 AM
link   

And yet, like millions of others, I did it anyway. I had a baby. I’d have another if my partner agreed. Is that because I am selfish, myopic or greedy? Did I simply learn to compartmentalise my thinking, choose to listen to the arguments that supported what I wanted to do anyway, or ignore what was right in front of my face? Perhaps. But I also believe that when it comes to the future health of the planet, the question is not one of whether or not we continue to have babies. People will always have babies. Here, there and everywhere. Instead, it is a question of how we raise those babies, of learning to live within our environmental means, of turning away from the fever of consumerism and overturning a political system that rewards a tiny rich minority at the expense of everyone else.

the horror!

how dare she... lol

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Eugenics is the totalitarian impulse and doctrine expressed through medical terminology. Now you're a potential mass murderer for not wearing a mask, failing to social distance or not getting the jab. It's still the little Hitler in your head wanting to control the world around you rather than facing reality and adapting yourself to it. They are just using fear of illness and death to control the masses. Make people miserable enough and their fear of dying is drastically reduced. At some point they lose their s#!t and go after those creating the misery.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Nature is taking care of things as it does from time to time, using mass pandemics as one of the tools to prevent over-population.

Those who want more depopulation should start with their own family. Lead by example. Sterilize everyone of child-bearing age.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Yep.The"WOKE" leftists can think this.Sorry ass bastards they are

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

or, it's being a considerate and an easy thing to do.

my concern was always for the healthcare workers being overloaded. turns out now a lot are talking about leaving their professions. maybe it hasn't happened for you yet, or anyone you love, but there will come a time when you will appreciate our healthcare workers..

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

She could've moved to North Korea and had a non western baby.
Funny how those who despise the western world never seem to despise it quite enough to move elsewhere.

But, again, it's always those "others" who are the problem .

all ya'll do is hate on people looking for a better life, especially if they come from $$it hole countries, amirite? clearly, it's not that easy.

why do you all get so mad when someone is concerned with the world? concerned with consumerism?

do you think she should be silenced?

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: Asktheanimals

or, it's being a considerate and an easy thing to do.

my concern was always for the healthcare workers being overloaded. turns out now a lot are talking about leaving their professions. maybe it hasn't happened for you yet, or anyone you love, but there will come a time when you will appreciate our healthcare workers..

Police are leaving in droves. Hope healthcare workers aren't next.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 11:36 AM
link   
So will the western world seek to adopt the failed one child policies of our Chinese allies?

Or will we create some kind of child tax making it difficult for all but the rich to have a child... and the pore who will be exempt due to concerns over racism. Is baring the middle class from having children good enough to fix the problem?
edit on 29-4-2021 by dandandat2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Should have a licence to breed. The more intelligent equals the more kids allowed to be redeemed! Might reduce unwanted vodka babies which would be a start to help the environment.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: baggy7981

Would be awesome to have world full of these guys

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

I've no idea where this lady is from so s***hole country doesn't enter my equation.

There's tons of British people who are constantly telling us how they hate Britain and wish we'd stayed in the EU.
They could've moved to any European country they wished to for quite some time but chose to stay here. Why is that?

Judging by the replies in this thread, I'm only seeing "hate" coming from your imagination.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: dandandat2
So will the western world seek to adopt the failed one child policies of our Chinese allies?

Or will we create some kind of child tax making it difficult for all but the rich to have child... and the pore who will be exempt due to concerns over racism. Does baring the middle class from having children good enough to fix the problem?

again with the melodrama.

a girl struggles with bringing a child into the world and you all go straight to eugenics and racism. it's weird. i personally wish more people would think of every possible scenario good bad and ugly with regards to having children. sounds like you just want to silence her or anyone who thinks like her.

she decided to have a baby and it sounds like she's going to raise the child to care about the environment. again, the horror!! i did the same and my daughter doesn't care much for material things - is that bad?

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

So I can't procreate until you find babysitters for all the orphans? Genius

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join