It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Non Political thoughts on Covid

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I just had a family member (distant) pass away from Covid two weeks ago.
It was a horrible drawn out death and one I would not wish on my worst enemy.

I have a very close family member in quarantine right now awaiting a Covid test result.

Can I just say I am freaking tired of Covid and everything about it.
I'm sick of masks, I'm sick of vaccines, but mostly I'm sick of this feeling every time someone gets it and
it's like this giant wheel of fortune. Either they have a little cough and it's not even as bad as a cold. Or by some sick
chance of fate, it is horrible and they die. Then everyone is in disbelief.

I think about the year 2019 and how we didn't realize how good it was.

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

At the beginning of it, I was trying to be optimistic and think to myself maybe this us like a 9/11 moment where we set all of our differences aside and come together to try and navigate this situation as a collective.

Boy was I wrong.

I think the big takeaway for me is that as a society, our emotional intelligence is non existent. We're all reared up ready to take our angst out on any perceived enemy that's handed to us. Typically, as recent history has shown, that often becomes an entity far detached from the root problem of an issue at hand.

Luckily, this particular instance wasn't as bad as early projections... And I don't say that to minimize those who did lose their life, and I'm sorry to hear about your loss OP. I don't want to come off as saying this was a non event, couldn't be further from the truth. But for the most part, we're in a position (should we chose) to move forward if we take our collective head out of our asses.

But, it doesn't appear that we will. And even if we do with the context of COVID, we're surely going to have some events in the near future that are going to be in a similar realm of challenge, if not more. Are we better suited now to handle those? I don't think so, I think we're carrying resentment, and no good crisis will go to waste in bringing down perceived enemies who are typically our neighbors.

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Well at least flu has been eradicated...people would die from flu about the same way...most people get over it just fine, but if you spin the bankrupt piece on the wheel your time is up.

Edit: Also wanted to offer condolences as losing loved ones is always hard no matter how they go.
edit on 28-4-2021 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 07:38 PM
link   

I don't know if my words can make you feel better.

As you know, I recently "recovered" from Covid, together with my whole family.

Before that, I made excuses every weekend to not going out and enjoy life.

Today I still suffer of consequences of the virus, my lungs are not 100% yet. But I have this second chance or maybe the last, to go back to the forest and enjoy what Mother Nature offers.

I feel like I'm not doing this just for me, but also for the fallen ones. My way to middle finger the evil forces behind this stupid virus and show them that now I am testimony of God's mercy.

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Condolences on all of your losses.

Couldn’t agree more about being done AND done with the hysteria.

Gotta ask though — did the people that died, have serious underlying health issues?

If the answer is yes, they didn’t die of Covid.

Too much propaganda, too little time.

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Can I just say I am freaking tired of Covid and everything about it. 

Condolences on the loved one.🙏

Wishing the ivermectin zinc and vitamin D, or hcq route would finally make it's rounds and save the day.
studies

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

did the people that died, have serious underlying health issues?

The two family members that died both had underlying health issues, the same thing, kidney disease.
Covid sped up the inevitable, by a lot for one person I believe. That speeding up is not insignificant.
What is a year, or five or ten? For some people, that's a lot.

Right from the start I had multiple friends and acquaintances that passed due to Covid. Some did not seem to have pre-existing conditions, but you
never know. Many were youngish (under 50) which really surprised me. Some were in the same family which really hit hard. I also had a friend die mysteriously right before the whole Covid thing broke out, I still wonder if she had Covid.
edit on 28-4-2021 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Covid sped up the inevitable, by a lot for one person I believe. That speeding up is not insignificant. What is a year, or five or ten? For some people, that's a lot.

Absolutely agree! If you’re living even a semi-decent quality of life, it’s worth extending indefinitely.

Which truly begs the underlying question. Covid mostly kills those collecting (rightfully so) off of the system from their previous ailments. Whether that be corporate (insurance) or government.

Seems like far too much of a coincidink to me.

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 09:13 PM
link   

I'm also growing weary from the non-stop covid train. In Nov 2019 and up to May 2020, I had the belief that it would be over with by summer 2020. When that didn't happen, I thought it would be over with once the vaccines are given to those who want one. Now, I feel like we may have another year or more.

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

The Covid testing center was very busy today

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Right from the start I had multiple friends and acquaintances that passed due to Covid. Some did not seem to have pre-existing conditions,

Doubt it
Are all these people in nursing homes?
edit on 4 by Mandroid7 because: Adsed2

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

Right from the start I had multiple friends and acquaintances that passed due to Covid. Some did not seem to have pre-existing conditions,

Doubt it
Are all these people in nursing homes?

No, were all under 50.

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 10:04 PM
link   

How many people are you claiming died from covid?
The number would be burned into your head.
You sound like a terrible liar with an agenda, to be honest.

edit on 4 by Mandroid7 because: Added2

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 10:06 PM
link   

How many people are you claiming died from covid?

That I know, well over a dozen.

Keep in mind most were in larger cities, and I have a very large friend group
Seattle, Chicago, Atlanta

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Yeah. I'm suspicious.
The math doesn't work out right.
Are we talking FB friends in the hundreds of thousands?
Carry on.
Added..
Not trying to sound rude here, but
how would you even know what the death was with admittedly padded cod numbers
And admittedly bogus pcr test standards?
And a virus that now has a 1 million pound reward for anyone who can isolate a sample of it?

edit on 4 by Mandroid7 because: Added2

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I'm really sorry to only comment on your thread title alone.. But it's important to note that this thing should NOT be political, the very fact that it is now, ensures to me that it's purposefully been proposed as such.

It's an important decision for people to take a vaccine or not. This "vaccine" was rolled out faster than any other vaccine in history. It was endorsed by Trump. But for some reason, people choosing not to take this "vaccine" are being labeled as crazy right wing Trump supporters. How does that even make sense?

This is more serious than people realize. A freaking "vaccine" for a virus a little more harmful (maybe?) than the flu has the potential to destroy the western world via unrest and division. Something is seriously wrong.
edit on 28-4-2021 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Yeah. I'm suspicious.
The math doesn't work out right.
Are we talking FB friends in the hundreds of thousands?
Carry on.

No I am a military brat that has lived all over the world, I have a much larger friend group than the average person.
Look I don’t care if you believe me or not, doesn’t matter, they are still dead.

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Fair enough..check my added comment above.
This is what makes me so skeptical.

And a virus that now has a 1 million pound reward for anyone who can isolate a sample of it?

edit on 4 by Mandroid7 because: Added quote

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

I'm also growing weary from the non-stop covid train. In Nov 2019 and up to May 2020, I had the belief that it would be over with by summer 2020. When that didn't happen, I thought it would be over with once the vaccines are given to those who want one. Now, I feel like we may have another year or more.

When its all said and done more people will likely die from the stress and isolation than the actual COVID bug

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Fair enough..check my added comment above.
This is what makes me so skeptical.

Who knows even with “regular” deaths?
Prior to Covid I had actually known two people that died from the flu. One was a healthy 32 year old. Believe it or not people questioned if the flu actually killed her.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join