It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real Time machine.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 03:14 PM
link   
This is old news but I thought it ATS worthy.

I remember seeing him showing his prototype on tv, oddly enough i did not watch tv since 2017, so i must have heard of it long before this article.... Or my memory is really messed up... Or im terrible at Internet search for news articles...

NYP article

"By studying the type of gravitational field that was produced by a ring laser, this could lead to a new way of looking at the possibility of a time machine based on a circulating beam of light," Mallett told CNN. "Eventually a circulating beam of laser lights could act as a sort of a time machine and cause a twisting of time that would allow you to go back into the past.”

If i understand him right the information sent back in time will always travel back to the moment where he turned the device on?

Wouldn't that mean that the moment he turns it on there should be some information coming and if not it would mean this device will never work?

If you could go back in time what moment would you have the machine turned on?

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Time travel as we understand it, would need to be relative to something.

Not sure how you'd utilize this for traveling in time, without also traveling through space. You know?

How does your machine send information back to itself, if the Earth already moved 15,000 miles from where it was, when the machine turned on?

Without a solution to that quandary, I have my doubts.

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 03:33 PM
link   
There is time travel, but I doubt a machine could do it. There are multiple accounts, and descriptions of what was seen when they did. Ezekiel, Daniel, and John in Revelation are a few. The reason we know, is because the things they described are coming true. Those three are passing you twice, right now. On their way to the future and on their way back to the past. In fact they are passing themselves as well

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I prefer the circulating water time machine.

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Archivalist

In a rather rigid materialistic model i would have to agree with you.

time has nothing to do with matter moving through space...

Maybe the way we understand time travel is erroneous?

And who is "we" anyways?

edit on 27-4-2021 by Terpene because: Samies

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

His solution involves a line source (gravitational singularity) to make the light circulate. Also the energy requirements to create a useful effect are impractical (absurdly high) as is often the case with spacetime warping concepts.
edit on 27-4-2021 by moebius because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Archivalist

How does your machine send information back to itself, if the Earth already moved 15,000 miles from where it was, when the machine turned on?

Without a solution to that quandary, I have my doubts.

Why is that even an issue? We're constantly told that time is a dimension, even to the point of calling it "space-time." You simply roll position back with time. If there's no difference, it shouldn't matter. The mistake is in insisting on separating the two.

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

You think that was a one time occurrence or maybe a trait inherent to humans?

how many got lost because they didn't have a beacon to find their way back...
Maybe the machine is more like a beacon?
edit on 27-4-2021 by Terpene because: Samies

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 04:40 PM
link   
we had a navigation system on C130's that used laser ring gyro's. I've flown on the planes, but never time traveled.
But I'd go back to 2009 and buy some bitcoin.
and tell myself how Trump would be president, then watch myself laugh and laugh.....futuristic good times.

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I've always been interested in Time Travel as it related to consciousness. If it is possible, does the machine transport both the soul/consciousness AND the body? Or just one of those two?

I've heard some Art Bell episodes where the witness/guests speak of Military Experiments where rats were transported in time but came out the other side dead because it only transported their physical bodies and not their ethereal bodies.

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Perhaps it's an abstract concept, but time is about decay. Radioactive particles, for example, decay as time passes. Many other things decay as time passes too.

So, in order for time travel to work (for humans), matter would either have to be re-assembled (i.e. have the decay 'undone') if traveling into the past, or have matter created where it doesn't even exist if traveling forward into the future. In a literal sense, people would have to rise from the dead, wars would have to be un-fought, destruction would have to be un-done...evolution of species would have to be rewound.

Realistically, does anyone really think this is possible??

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

Our perception of time is different from what physicists see time as.

Consider that if you have an equation that describes the way particles disperse via Brownian motion over time, if you allow the equation to run the particles will generally move further apart as time proceeds.

Now, if you take that same equation and invert the time variable and allow it to run, the particles still disperse. That's right, they don't consolidate back to the origin point of the particles just because time goes backwards.

So, this means that the 'reversed movie' concept of time would not be the way physical time reversal would operate. When you talk of 'time travel', there are actually many 'very different' things that it may entail, or that might be called 'time travel'.

For example, if you consider time dimensionally, as part of spacetime, then that would also be a different way of understanding time.

Or, consider that time dilation allows for the constancy of the C value, regardless of reference frame, and indicates that the 'bending' of the rate of time flow is also trivial to achieve. Indeed, nature does it everywhere, we just aren't usually aware of it.

And several mathematicians have come up with solutions for closed time-like curves that do not defy known physical laws.

edit on 27/4/2021 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: NightVision

I didn't know about art bells stories... Thanks for the reminder.
I also don't exactly know the phyisical working of that machine.

What if the body is just a manifestation of your soul-mind?

Your mind can travel everywhere, imaginable. Though locating a specific moment in time space is very hard without a beacon.
the issue might be that in order to manifest in another time line, your mind has to be able to completely ditch his old husk.
if there is any affection to your current body you can't manifest into another time.
Your consciousness is unique in all timelines, unlike your body.

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Nope not in the sense of complete reversal of events. That's not how it seems to work. But maybe send information from an important event back in time?

I'm under the impression this is been done as we speak.

You know "future proves past" and all

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

im still biting my @ss for not listening to a friends advice to buy Bitcoins in 2010.

new topics

top topics

join