It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Berenstien Bears or Berenstain Bears?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero
heard a guy on the radio discuss these books

part of the plot to belittle and marginalize fathers.

'Dopey Dad' syndrome.

haven't read them myself.

Yeah their dad was a bit of character lol but not as bad as Homer Simpson.

I was reading these like 1989?
edit on 25-4-2021 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I am 100% positive it is Berenstein. I vividly remember reading one of the books to my nephew, and wondering if it was pronounced "stine" or "steen".

I'm curious as to the ages of people remembering the different spellings. If that has anything to do with it.

Another thought on the spelling recollection. What was your personal beliefs most of your life. As in religious beliefs, truth seeker, conspiracy theorist, etc....

For myself I am in late 40's. I was raised Catholic early in life. Teenage years wanted nothing to do with it. Yet my whole life I have been drawn towards God. Possibly a believer vs not.

Just brainstorming here. There has to be something to it. Considering all the people that believe different ways.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 05:15 PM
link   
For some reason the care race one has always stuck with me.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: IncognitoGhostman

I remember sitting there as a kid looking at it saying to myself thats not how I'd spell it.

/shrug

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Fun at parties aren't you?

In all seriousness, I remember the Stein version of the books. Does it have to be alternate reality versus a mis-remembered fog from childhood? Absolutely not. However we are on a conspiracy site and discussing divergent timelines can be fun.

It's like watching The Matrix with the Deja Vu scene, happens to all of us and is easily dismissed as a shortcoming of the human brain and how it interprets information. However it was an interesting plot point, one that I would compare to the Mandela Effect. Most dismiss it out of hand while others question it, hopefully the ones questioning it are wrong, but what if they aren't?

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 06:12 PM
link   
So I have often wondered why specifically the The time line Change affected this specific children’s book? I mean if you are going to create a paradox or parralel timeline at least make yourself rich or do something to benefit humanity like blowing up Epstein’s island...oh wait Ep Stein....,
.....Berenstein? LOL
edit on 25-4-2021 by Brassmonkey because: Spelling

edit on 25-4-2021 by Brassmonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: IncognitoGhostman

So early 40s raised catholic but didn’t get into conspiracy theories until I watched Loose change about 9/11 World Trade Center 7 on YouTube’s in 2005 or 2006.

My whole world paradigm shifted from watching that movie and also what REALLY ROCKED MY WORLD was
ZEITGEIST in 2007 holy crap man the Federal Reserve and history of money is the best part!!

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

It’s BarenSTAIN bears. All one has to do is look at one the books from 1980’s.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

I prefer my universe of common sense where the bear's name resembles an actual real life name. Enjoy clown universe...the bringer of political correctness, covid insanity and Biden...

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 06:30 PM
link   
This in interesting from Wikipedia:

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Many people incorrectly remember the name of the series as the "Berenstein Bears". This confusion has generated multiple explanations of the memories, including an unannounced name change, time travel, or parallel universes and has been described as an instance of the Mandela effect.[86][87][88][89] According to Stan Berenstain's son, confusion over the name has existed since his father's childhood, when a teacher insisted that the name was spelled "Berenstein" due to the prevalence of names ending in "-stein".[90] A few examples of the "Berenstein" spelling have been found in references to and knockoffs of official merchandise[91] and publications,[92] and cartoons for the series used an ambiguous pronunciation which may contribute to the false memory.[93]

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 06:33 PM
link   
For anyone that's interested here's the original thread that lead me down the hole.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It goes beyond the bears. Steven Segal to The Portrait of Dorian Grey. The location of Sol in the Galaxy to the location of your kidneys.

And for some reason emotions get a bit high.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Brassmonkey

Somewhat similar backgrounds. For me delving deeper was in the mid 2000's. After being overseas and realizing how convoluted the world is.

My reading of this book was in the mid 90's and I was in my early 20's.

Out thought process changed near the same time, and remember the same.

Again brainstorming on this mind blowing topic. When a memory is ademently known. To know wonder how what the world shows, it can be true.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Woah... that’s so weird, and I thought I remembered Mandela dying in prison as well.

I also have a distinct memory of covering this a thousand times over the last ten years, but here it is again, like it never happened. Like some kind of effect.. or was it affect????

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Disclosure is coming.....

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Get back to your own damn timeline. Leave us Berenstainers alone.

Second

I've read the books and watched the animation. It's BERENSTAIN as pronounced in the animations.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAiIsLying

105 pages, 135 flags...

Thanks Old Avatar that I've not seen in years

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Somehow, I must have completely missed out on these books. The name sounds familiar to me, but other than that, I don't think I actually know who the Berenstein or the Berenstain Bears are.

The only thing I can picture in my head when I hear the name is:

Also, I've noticed there are at least 4 different spellings that have been used in this thread.

Berenstien
Berenstein
Berenstain
Barenstain

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

I dunno, it'll always be Stein to me...i learned to read it out loud.by sounding it out, i wasn't retarded, i know -ain doesn't make an 'een' sound.

Also, my girlfriend never seen the books until she was in her 20's working at a library, in like 2006-2007 she remembers it as -stein. She wondered why there was a book series about a family of Jewish bears. she doesn't have any distant foggy childhood memories getting in the way.

In the end though...i don't care about those damn bears...

That girl in Moonraker had braces, i don't care what anyone says, the scene where she smiles makes no sense otherwise. Also, the draft version of the script for that movie has braces...Yeah pretty sure I'm from the draft version universe where the character made sense...this is #ing clown universe where things have no logic or reason.

I am from England and am not familiar with the Berenstein Bears but I will absolutely vouch for your memory in the movie moon raker.

When the girl (the real life wife of the actor whom played Jaws if I remember) with the pigtail's smiled at Jaws she definitely DID have silver bracers on her teeth and that was why Jaws in the movie supposedly fell in love, after all he had silver teeth.

That could be down to Mandela effect or whatever people want to call it or it could be down to someone doing some art to remove the bracers in the movie thinking they were improving it or something a little like George Lucas did when he re-released star wars with computer graphics touching up many of the old models and even replacing Jabba the Hut's human character with a large poo (no'2) shaped alien slug thing.

But take with caution as I do remember a lot of thing's different.

A short list.

Blue Sky, Yellow Sun.
No passage in the bible about giving an immoral brother to Satan, there was NO one being instructed to give anyone to Satan so that in my mind is a complete alteration from what I remember.
Other parts of the bible changed as well including the book of revelation with a slight passage now missing and another minor character completely gone whom was supposed to oppose the beast and had another number that being Seven Threescore and Seven which was according to what I remember THE (the Race) number of Man while the Beast number of course is the number of the beast which is A (Singular) man.
I remember the grass being properly green and it was translucent when you picked a blade and looked at the sky through it enough that you could see the vein's in the leaf blade, oak leaves were also similar but slightly more opaque.

I could go on and on with lists of thing's that have changed as far as I can recollect.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 07:02 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

That is from our timeline.
The Berensteiners are invading our timeline and complaining about it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join