It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Commercial Airline Pilots Keep Reporting UFOs Over Canada

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Heard about this on a sports show, looked for it here and didn't see it so here you guys go. Me, my opinions matter little as all I can say about what's a going on up there is a resounding "I don't know".

Vice News

By combing through thousands of reports in a government flight incident database, VICE World News has uncovered dozens of recent UFO sightings from Canadian and international airlines.

They include a pair of WestJet flights near B.C.’s Okanagan Valley that allegedly saw “a bright, white strobe-type light” above them on the night of March 16, 2017, and a pre-dawn Jan. 10, 2015 encounter outside Regina, Saskatchewan, when “multiple aircraft reported a very large object with a small white light in the middle, surrounded by a halo” that “appeared to descend from above” 41,000 feet.

The sightings come from the Civil Aviation Daily Occurrence Report System (CADORS), a searchable digital archive operated by Transport Canada, the federal department that oversees road, rail, marine, and air transportation. With over three decades of data, CADORS contains nearly 300,000 aviation incident reports on everything from mechanical failures to rowdy passengers to bird strikes. It also provides a fascinating record of UFO sightings by professional aviators in Canadian airspace.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

“a bright, white strobe-type light”

Holy crap! That's amazing.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Good catch and Saskatchewan is a bit of a hotspot.

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher

It also provides a fascinating record of UFO sightings by professional aviators in Canadian airspace.

Never heard of the CADORS digital archive before.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

If your a first time raver, with a belly full of pills and a nose full of mmmm.

Otherwise it’s someone(thing?) trying to induce epileptic seizures in Canadian pilots, in my opinion.
edit on 23-4-2021 by Dalamax because: Racers don’t take pills, stupid auto incorrect.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher
Heard about this on a sports show, looked for it here and didn't see it so here you guys go. Me, my opinions matter little as all I can say about what's a going on up there is a resounding "I don't know".

Vice News

By combing through thousands of reports in a government flight incident database, VICE World News has uncovered dozens of recent UFO sightings from Canadian and international airlines.

They include a pair of WestJet flights near B.C.’s Okanagan Valley that allegedly saw “a bright, white strobe-type light” above them on the night of March 16, 2017, and a pre-dawn Jan. 10, 2015 encounter outside Regina, Saskatchewan, when “multiple aircraft reported a very large object with a small white light in the middle, surrounded by a halo” that “appeared to descend from above” 41,000 feet.

The sightings come from the Civil Aviation Daily Occurrence Report System (CADORS), a searchable digital archive operated by Transport Canada, the federal department that oversees road, rail, marine, and air transportation. With over three decades of data, CADORS contains nearly 300,000 aviation incident reports on everything from mechanical failures to rowdy passengers to bird strikes. It also provides a fascinating record of UFO sightings by professional aviators in Canadian airspace.

Good OP! +1

Just another point in the win column for UFOlogists.

"If UFO's were real wouldnt we be seeing them all the time, pilots. etc."

Well they obviously do. We just dont hear about it.

The best thing to come out of this is that the stigma the "management" of the pilot community against UFO sightings etc. is starting to fade. Pilots arent fearing losing their jobs as much anymore.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I know a few people who've seen glowing orbs flying too fast in strange patterns or giant triangles of light flying over the Georgia straight between Vancouver island and the sunshine coast. Apparently, my cousin seen what he described as a 'giant mothership' flying in the same area. I've seen a few weird things in the sky at night that didn't look like any plane or satellite I've seen before. But who knows?

My dad and his friend also randomly lost several hours watching lights dancing in the sky camping at Pitt lake.

They watched them for what they both swear was like a minute or two. Looked back down, the fire had died down completely from a roaring healthy fire and after checking the time 4 hours had somehow passed.
edit on 23/4/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Arsy comment aside, can you explain it though? If you can't well it is kinda amazing, or are flying white strobe lights a normal occurrence at 30,000ft? (Or whatever they were flying at).
edit on 2320212021Fri, 23 Apr 2021 18:03:18 -050006pm423FridayAmerica/Chicago by doorhandle because: Too many flyings in there

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: doorhandle

The funny thing is, that exact scenario fits my only "UFO" experience. A strobe, directly overhead, three or four evenly spaced flashes. Nothing really extraordinary but I don't know what it was. What I saw was stationary, if it hadn't been I would have gone with a rotating satellite.

(Or whatever they were flying at).
Glad you added that.

edit on 4/23/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox

The best thing to come out of this is that the stigma the "management" of the pilot community against UFO sightings etc. is starting to fade. Pilots arent fearing losing their jobs as much anymore.

Well said and think non reporting in the aviation industry goes on all the time mate - there's some good info below in the technical report by NARCAP's Ted Roe.

"We didn't say anything. We figured nobody would believe us."
Charter Pilot

"Upon return to my domicile, JFK, I reported our sighting to the proper authorities. I was shortly visited by two federal investigators who evidently thought I was hallucinating for one of them stated he had seen spaceships while fishing in Great South Bay and was quite obviously trying to prove that I was a loony."
Captain, Pan Am (ret.)

"It must have been Huge! We were all due back at JFK about the same time two days later so I waited in the crew ready room to talk to them. None of them wanted to talk! They were afraid management would take them off of flying status and have them tested for booze and drugs. The story never came out!"
Flight Engineer, TWA (ret.)

"a group of lights in the air appeared at our 12o'clock position. I called departure control and asked them if they had any traffic in that area. When they came back and said NO, what do you see, I said no, just checking. For at that time when a pilot reported seeing a UFO he was in a lot of trouble."
Captain, Ozark Airlines (ret.)

"I, and Flight crew saw something (in broad daylight) that did things that no known aircraft could do without killing any living thing inside. I will only give sketchy details to protect the privacy of the rest of the crew. If you are interested, and all information (is) kept anonymous, contact me. I will not present myself for public ridicule."
Captain, NW (ret.)

PDF File - Aviation Safety in America: Under-Reporting Bias of Unidentified Aerial Phenomena and Recommended Solutions. Ted Roe

originally posted by: Lucidparadox

Well they obviously do. We just dont hear about it.

Sticking with NARCAP thought this was a pretty awesome interview with Dr. Richard F. Haines.

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Could you determine if the "flashes" were reflections versus actual light emissions? If not, did/do you have a strong sense leading you either way?

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

For all the info you have given us I'm kinda glad I could give you this little tidbit. Over 300,000 incidents, you should have some fun scouring those archives.

new topics

top topics

join