It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

71% of Americans Agreed Chauvin was Guilty

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I love being of the minority opinion. I am in the 29%.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: Nickn3
I have watched the vidios several times. There was no need in putting his knee on Floyd’s neck. That was over the top. Was it murder? Probably not, Floyd may have died anyway. But it was absolutely abuse of power.

Anyone know what happened to the original stuff about the cop and Floyd knowing one another from being bouncers at a night club? When he had him sitting by the wall it looked like they knew one another.

This and a few other details that were dug into here seems to have been forgotten by almost everyone that mattered. The whole arrest still seemed like a setup. Every part of it from the weird and different camera angles which seems to have been taken from different locations, to the fact that there was enough drugs in Floyd that if the cops just let him finish freaking out he would have died from his heart issues.

While the charges should have been dropped because of the circumstances around this case, all the weird stuff shouldn't be ignored just because the case is past the beginning.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Avardan

Most of them at least have the type of education most of the people they deal with in a professional capacity lack which is partially why those people are brought into negative contact with cops to begin with.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 07:24 PM
link   
After the last two election cycles, if you believe a single thing any "Poll" says, you have to be braindead.

Im fully convinced they make these numbers up whole cloth, and why not, they know a large percentage of people will believe them without a second thought.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Waterglass
There's a reason for trial by jury. Those people are forced to see and hear all the details of the case, not just a video and endless media speculation.

But the next time you get in trouble with the law we can let CNN decide what the real story will be, fill a news cycle with it, and then poll some people for you.

Good luck!

And then let those people who will be deciding that fate, be threatened, pressured, and targeted so that they make the "right" decision

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I remember when firsts watching the footage how clearly it was a murder by police.
My question is why did the police murder Floyd, it just wasn’t random surely

Just to extreme to be a simple “police brutality” something is going on people don’t know about

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: Waterglass

Well I saw what I saw on video and I didn't pay attention to the protestors, or anything else. Cops can go off the deep end. So we have this and that, tisk for a tat and so on. Cop violence also happened to Waterglass. Not anywhere near close to this matter.

As the state Trooper continued to grunt as he could not get the handcuffs on me as I wasn't resisting. I am a big boy. 6' 1" and 213. Mostly muscle and not much fat. I finally asked him why is he doing this to me. I was in a suit and tie. I offered no resistance. I am white of NO privileged and outside of speeding don't break the law. Oh I didn't hear his command over the roar of traffic.

He stopped and on we went.

So this guy loses his life. Sorry, but in my view it was over the top excessive force.

Here's the article

Exclusive: Americans overwhelmingly approve of Chauvin guilty verdict, USA TODAY/Ipsos snap poll finds

WASHINGTON – In the hours after a guilty verdict was announced in the murder trial of former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin, an exclusive USA TODAY/Ipsos snap poll found Americans overwhelmingly approved of the jury's finding. The survey, conducted just hours after the judge announced the verdict, found 71% of Americans agreed Chauvin was guilty, and most Americans surveyed followed at least some coverage of the three-week trial. Further, 62% of those polled said they would accept the verdict and do nothing further like march or protest; 61% of Democrats and Republicans alike answered that way. About 16% said they would join rallies or protests in accepting the verdict, while a total of 12% said they rejected the verdict. In describing this new Ipsos/USA Today poll, Ipsos’s Cliff Young said, “we find a rare moment of bipartisan consensus that George Floyd’s killing was a crime and consequences are justified.”

Now lets work on the politicians

71% of the people probably didn't watch the trial. Just because the majority of the populace believes something doesn't make it true or right.

edit on 21-4-2021 by TheBoomersRBusted because: just learning thow to quote and add comments

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Nor does 29% believing something make it true. It was enough for Mussolini to take over, though

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Meh, Floyd was already a dead man due to fentanyl.

The training of the knee on the shoulder is a useful technique. It goes on the shoulder, not the neck. I've used it quite often. Never had anyone pass out from being unable to breathe.

Also, if you're talking you're breathing. He was basically having a panic attack. Probably knew he screwed up by ingesting the drugs he did, and compounded with getting arrested he started freaking out.

The issue I have with Chauvin is that at one point he had Floyd in cuffs and in the back of the cop car. There was no reason to pull him back out and get him on the ground.

I would have just left him to overdose in the back of the cop car while calling an ambulance. I try to be as hands off as possible. Do my best to de-escalate as much as possible, and when need use the minimum level of force as necessary.

The majority of cops get # training. It would be better to fund better training than just the whole "defund the police" schtick.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen88
And the fact he was having a possible heart attack or failure, stating I cant breathe before Chauvin took him out of the car?

Black Lesibians Matter!!! What, what.

Then it's manslaughter on the grounds that he continued to restrain him when he should have called an EMT.

Causing death by negligence or by a lack action is still a crime. A cop should have sufficient training to know when to stop restraining and to start helping.

The fact that Chauvin refused to testify is very telling. He could have said that he had his knee on Floyd's shoulder under oath but didn't do so. He could have said that he was in fear of his life from Floyd but didn't do so. Why?

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

Could prove it if you wanted to via sleuth investigation?

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Not according to the polls I saw. The youtube poll I saw was 92% that Chauvin did not get a fair trial.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

Not according to the polls I saw. The youtube poll I saw was 92% that Chauvin did not get a fair trial.

OK so provide the link. I just went onto YouTube ad typed it in. I typed; "Chauvin Verdict Poll" and "Chauvin Poll"

I saw nothing you are referring do.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
There's a reason for trial by jury. Those people are forced to see and hear all the details of the case, not just a video and endless media speculation.

But the next time you get in trouble with the law we can let CNN decide what the real story will be, fill a news cycle with it, and then poll some people for you.

Good luck!

Not sure your point? the jury more than agrees with the poll.

edit on 22-4-2021 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: NightVision

What does proof have to do with it? Its all about perception and articles such as this fuels same.

Make yourself a champion of usefulness and and go debunk the article.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 10:51 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
I remember when firsts watching the footage how clearly it was a murder by police.

Just to extreme to be a simple “police brutality” something is going on people don’t know about

It was random, just a senior cop, showing new cops how to do things..good f'ing riddance.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Statistics is for losers when Perception is allowed to rein. I suggest that you become a Colonist.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Dorian7

When he did not attempt to try to impose Marital Law yet continued to blast gas about election fraud he lost me. I also didn't vote in 2020 as I never knew what he was all about.

No proof so shut up.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: Raggedyman

It was random, just a senior cop, showing new cops how to do things..good f'ing riddance.

And it starts a war, good f’ing riddance? Really?
Stupidity creates this, and the street wars, well done, stupid people all sing the chorus, “he deserved it”

All lives matter, you will fiddle while your city burns with that attitude
edit on 22-4-2021 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join